It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chantix.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: boogeywoogey

Chantix was an awful experience. But it worked and I was able to quit.

Before you stop taking it, just compare it with smoking. Would you rather have a few weeks of nightmarish life or a lifetime (shortened) of hacking, smelling bad, and spending tons of money on something you don't want?

Cool a positive thing about Chantix.

How long did you take it, have you relapsed into smoking?

How do you feel if you stopped?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

thank you for the info.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Like I said, I had NO SIDE EFFECTS from Wellbutrin!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: boogeywoogey

originally posted by: Cuervo

Chantix was an awful experience. But it worked and I was able to quit.

Before you stop taking it, just compare it with smoking. Would you rather have a few weeks of nightmarish life or a lifetime (shortened) of hacking, smelling bad, and spending tons of money on something you don't want?

Cool a positive thing about Chantix.

How long did you take it, have you relapsed into smoking?

How do you feel if you stopped?

It was years ago. And it was awful. I mean baaaaad. Terrible dreams and, before bed, it would feel like I was tuning into my own life via satellite. I stopped early because it was bad and then I started smoking again. I got another prescription for it later and stuck with it.

Aside from the fact that it worked, it has no redeeming qualities. I only recommend it to people who have tried everything else and failed. Because, as bad as it is, it's not worse than a lifetime of smoking.

Lately, I've been hearing more stories about long-term effects and I'm now starting to link my own to it so I maybe I'd be even more reluctant to endorse it now days. But all-in-all, it does what it's supposed to even when nothing else can.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have seen the ads, even the name "Chantix" gives me the creeps yet alone the side effects? Seriously when will people see the real dangers of these big pharma DRUGS? The drug war should get real and get a boner for busting this BS up!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Chantix must be just as harmful and dangerous to take as the addictive nicotine. Id be careful taking anything these days related to quiting smoking other than cold turkey and homeopathic methods such as herbs. The drug more causes cancer itself and has been pushed on to the market by a pharmaceutical company attempting to make money at the consumers risk of their health. That's why they make money.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
DANGER:
abcnews.go.com...

In 2009, the FDA placed a "black box" warning label on Chantix and another drug, Zyban, cautioning doctors and patients about the risk of depression, hostility and suicidal thoughts.

also:
nymag.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I used chantix to quit smoking years ago other than some stranger than normal dreams it was all easy peasy lemon squeezy. I took the pills for a week before I was completely quit and I was a pack and a half a day smoker at the time.

Just thought I would share a success story with you all.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My mum tried them and it made her have weird dreams, she was telling me about one where she had a giant ear lol, but they did help her quit but she took it up again anyway then quit with patches and hasnt looked back.

My father in law however tried them and he could feel himself changing he became depressed etc and he knows alot about mental health so he stopped taking them right away.

I need to quit too, im thinking of starting to vape, everything, my lungs need saving i always have chest infections lately and they do not want to go away even after several lots of anti biotics i think smoking has alot too do with it. They dont even taste the same anymore they taste like fly spray and chemicals! Ew!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Chantix actually made me smoke more, it was like an impulse I had no control over, blew my doctors mind. Instead I opted for e-cigs, worked, 3 years smoke free and feel 100% better after 25 years of smoking. I wish you well, it is far worth it for the rewards, not smelling like an ashtray is as good as the health reasons.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Chantix made me not feel like myself. For me, willpower and a pen and pad to write my suicidal thoughts sufficed just fine. Health feels better than smoking ever did. See you when you get here.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Tried chantix myself.I had terrible nightmares and the "thoughts of suicide" parts of the " side effects". I immediately stopped taking it without any ill effects from the drug. The nightmares and depression stopped as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join