It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy found in basement says stepmother put him there

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: youdidntseeme

He was actually being interviewed live when the news broke that his son was found..

reminds me of the couple who made their kid hide in the garage while the world chased a runaway balloon they supposedly thought their kid was in. Anyone remember that story?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yeah, but that was for cash wasn't it?

And as far as i know, the kid was loved and well treated by his family, even if they were plotting to get some cash from the media over the story.

This young boy though, appears to have been beaten up, scarred for life (in more ways than one) and is sadly unloved and dejected.

Not really the same thing if the details are true in both cases.

edit on 30-6-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

reminds me of the couple who made their kid hide in the garage while the world chased a runaway balloon they supposedly thought their kid was in. Anyone remember that story?

I do

They were charged criminally were they not?

I don't remember how it all ended but they were definitely looking for their 15 mins of fame

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What is he reading on his mobile? He just told us 3 times that it died.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can't speak much about it, but when I worked with kids who had learning disabilities, one of our clients was a boy who was connected to a very famous child abuse case. Some of the stories he used to tell ... they made you want to vomit, hug him to pieces, cry and go find the thing he used to call his mother and ... well ... I can't say in polite company what they made me want to do to her.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Also proof of why we need the death penalty.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Funny how the boy is with his mother now why not before? I get the feeling the mother might have had something to do with it aswell maybe to get custody back? Who knows but i just think its very odd the father & step mother would do that then alert authorities who are obviously going to thoroughly investigate them!!!
edit on 1-7-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
What is he reading on his mobile? He just told us 3 times that it died.

On the Nancy Grace interview, he stated that it was dead and he left it in the car to charge, depending on how much time he was on standby at the show combined with the time it took for him to drive from the local news affiliate location back to the location of the second interview, he could have a fully charged phone by then.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Maybe the stepmother tells the boy to hide to protect him from his old man. She is afraid to admit this to the father, so she has to play along and contact the police with him, pretending he ran away. She eventually tells the father, or maybe he finds out on his own (this explains his strange behavior when being told they found the kid, he already knew where his son was). By this point the two of them are in a desperate, messed up situation and they choose to keep pretending.

The police say they don't believe he was in the basement all the time, this is the weird thing. But I think it's possible they missed him some how, they make mistakes too. And maybe he did leave the house at some point.

<< 1   >>

join