It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help. Can't log in to YouTube or Google.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
First of all I've got to say, whilst I'm no computer whizz neither am I am a complete ignoramus.

Earlier today I was cleaning the keyboard in my laptop when a screen of text came up with a box saying 'Do you want to exit without saving changes', I clicked on 'Yes' and it returned to my start up screen.

Everything seemed fine until I wanted to search something, I opened a new tab and clicked on Google as I have literally thousands of times previously.
Alas all I got was a screen saying 'There is a problem with the Websites security certificate'.
After much messing about and pulling my hair out, whilst also trying to keep my 3 year old Grandson occupied and watch England attempt to play both football and cricket, I eventually managed to work out a way to circumnavigate this and get onto Google - but it is a great pain in the arse at times.

When my daughter came in from work I was able to have some 'me' time and decided to peruse my favourite sites, obviously this includes ATS.
As is my wont I opened a new tab with the intent to listen to some music on YouTube whilst catching up on events in ATS world but bugger me all I get is a screen with the same afore mentioned message about a security certificate or something.
When I try to access it through Google, using the previously mentioned pain in the arse route, all I get is a page that resembles the normal YouTube page about as much as 2 years olds paintings resembles a Rembrandt.

Now I've tried all the little tricks that I know, all to no avail.

Normally I would ask a mate of mine to sort it out but unfortunately he's away on his jollies till Saturday, I think he's sunning it on one of the Greek Islands.

Some people would think 'well just wait till then to get it sorted' but the thing is, I like music and I listen to it a lot.
I have music of all types in all types of format even going back to a relatively small but reasonably valuable collection of 78rpm's. And I listen to some of my current favourites solely on YouTube.

So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - and in laymans terms please as if I'm being truthful I suppose I do lean towards the ignoramus really.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Do other SSL sites work fine?

Did you perhaps change your computer's time during cleaning?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When things screw up for me, I do a reboot and if the problem persists, I go into backup and bring up the last date that Windows suggests. Only takes a couple of minutes.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ulyeney

Did you perhaps change your computer's time during cleaning?

Ooops, unless today is the 24th of May it seems I may have.

Will let you know how I get on.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ulyeney

Thank you very much - it worked.

I feel a bit of an idiot, but.....something so simple.

I owe you a pint or two.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Glad to hear that was it.

new topics

top topics

join