It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices!!! and Enbridge Northern Gateway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The price is high because the oil companies like to make billions in profits.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I wonder how many of the people complaining about the price of gas drive massive big pickups alone in the cab most of the time, with a pristine back that has never seen the delivery of a bale of hay or anything else?

The only possible reason even the most insane capitalist could have for 'developing the tar sands' is that we hit peak oil quite some time ago, the easy sweet crude is long gone, Saudi Arabia has been lying about their reserves for a decade or more now, and we're on the downward slide of the oil economy.

And there's still millions of idiots out there driving ridiculous behemoths that only get 10 miles a gallon. These would be the same people who think that thousands of fans driving to a track to watch other people drive in circles (NASCAR, anyone??) is a sport, not a stupendous waste of resources.

Guess we got plenty of gas at cheap prices if that little insanity is still ongoing.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
actually...you guys don't know how good you have it...
2$ per liter here...and it's been that way for the last 10 years I think....
Realistically, we have a lot farther to drive. Some folks drive 2 hours to work...in Europe, 2 hours can get you across 3 countries! Simple logistics determine a whole different set of needs for us. Mind you...rapid transit (light rail, etc) would fix a lot of that.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Your not understanding. The usd is the world currency which is why everything is cheaper in the states because americans dont have the surcharges and levies that the rest of us have because they dont have to convert their money in order to buy oil/gas which is the reason why every country but the states gets screwed when it comes to oil.

Saddam and gadalfi both tried to strike back against the states by selling their oil for gold instead of the usd.... And what happened to them?????

This is why I say that the world currency must be changed inorder to solve the situation at hand. The states should not be incontrol of everything in the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: snypwsd

Ok well why is gas so much cheaper in the usa? I live in canada right along the boarder, if I travell five mins and cross the border i can get gas at almost half the price that i would here in canada..

Your theory only makes sence if everyone on the planet was charged the same price for fuel. Even when canadas dollar is worth more then the states dollar we still pay 2-3 times the amount for gas the americans.

To solve this problem the world needs to back away from using USD as the global currency. That is the only way to make tbings fair and even as americans would be for ed to pay the same levies and surcharges as the rest of the world.

Your beer costs twice as much to.
It's called taxes. That's prolly how they pay for your free healthcare.

What free healthcare?...I pay $70.00 each and every month for my "free healthcare"

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
actually...you guys don't know how good you have it...

2$ per liter here...and it's been that way for the last 10 years I think....

Dude have you ever been to Canada? Do you have any clue of the distances most of us have to drive to get to work then drive back home?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

I acknowledged this in my previous post.

I trust you understand, if not the USD, then another currency. Would you rather the yuan be in control of the worlds affairs?

It doesn't really solve anything, just transfers power from one nation to another. The energy crisis still is at play. This isn't a one variable equation.
edit on 24-6-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Realistically, we have a lot farther to drive. Some folks drive 2 hours to work...in Europe, 2 hours can get you across 3 countries! Simple logistics determine a whole different set of needs for us. Mind you...rapid transit (light rail, etc) would fix a lot of that.

indeed you do...2 hours of driving btw...get's me just about 50 kliks from my home town. an hour in traffic just to get out...and another hour to reach my potential out of town village. I can tell you that many folks in my country drive 100 kilometers from town to town...and having in mind...we don't have America's or Canada's highways...it's two tracks...one for each direction. you can never reach more than 100 km/h due to poor roads.

Anyway...I don't think that your mileage per/day should dictate the price of oil. These are your individual problems. I'm sure that not every Canadien out there has to travel those numbers.

Not that I endorse oil prices...I just think it's not that bad over the pond. You guys have the privileged price. Everywhere in the world, except the oil producing countries...the oil price is 2 to 3 times higher.

edit:

not to mention the average worker pay...which is....in my country something around 1000$ per month. Sometimes we work just to be able to drive to work.
edit on 24-6-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
not sure how relevant this is...but here is the list from some Indian site on petrol prices...

Petrol prices around the world

Now...we might complain about the prices...but in reality...a liter of petrol is cheaper than a liter of water in some countries...I can buy 1,1 liter of beer for a liter of petrol. So in essence...it's not really that high.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Coincidentally,

This just came to my attention on FB
US Navy Announces the End of Big Oil
US Navy Turns Sea Water Into Jet Fuel
Scale model WW11 craft takes flight with sea fuel

edit on 24-6-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why cant each nation sell their oil for their own currency? It makes more sence then every nation having to by american money in order to by oil.. If a product comes from a certain country then you should by it in their currency. Not the usd. Almost everything is bought and and traded with the usd. That is why every country should stand up for this.

What i am saying is to get rid of a world currency we dont need it.

At the moment if the states fall economically then the whole world does too. Why because the usd is the world fiat currency.

But thats all it is... Its a fiat currency which means some day it will come to an end and the whole economy of the world will be in shambles if we dont fix it now.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

You can run your car off tap water if you are mechanically inclined

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Oh man, from the looks of it that makes it seem as if this is all a SCAM!!

...but wait a tic, how do you actually extract the carbon and hydrogen from seawater in the first place?

The fuel was obtained using NRL's gas-to-liquid technology. This involved running sea water through the group's E-CEM (electrolytic cation exchange module) Carbon Capture Skid, which removed carbon dioxide from the water at 92 percent efficiency while simultaneously producing hydrogen as part of the process. Using a metal catalyst in a separate reactor system, the CO2 and hydrogen gases were then converted into a liquid hydrocarbon fuel.
Link

Heck of a contraption there. I await to see the true EROI exceeding 12:1 once it's scaled up. Not holding my breathe.

I don't really understand what you're asking. Are you approaching this from a feeling/fair perspective or something? You do know what the petrodollar is, right? You're aware that we're an empire that has the dominant military force in the world? Not sure what else needs to be explained. Maybe you think we can kombiya this, or something. Good luck with that.
edit on 24-6-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You can run your car off tap water if you are mechanically inclined

you are probably right...but I wonder...how come you know that and the general population doesn't

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragsntatters
Haha I thought $4/ gallon was bad but that was before I realised that there are 3.785 litres to a gallon and we're paying 1.9USD/L in NZ, so over 7 USD/ gallon and then I laughcried

Ya not wrong, $4 a gallon sounds ok so I checked.

3.78L to a gallon
Current Sydney price $1.55 a litre
Current US price is hovering just around $4

$4per gallon = $1.06per litre

Annoys me when the government sits idly by as Australian petrol companies blame the Singapore petrol markets for price increases, blames strife and conflict in the me for price increases, blames US markets and China gluts for prices increases when all they're doing is banking more and more mega profits $$.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
posted this on other thread as well, you pay about 1,6€ per litre here (a bit over quart), that converted to dollars is 1.75$ litre, and gallon is roughly 4 litres. So its only 7 dollars per gallon, not 10 as i posted on the other place. Wow, thats super cheap...heh.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join