It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lift The Embargo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Using Marco Rubio to justify the embargo is laughable at best. The guy never even lived in Cuba.

I am too educated to fall for the anti-Castro, anti-Communism rhetoric that fuels support for the embargo.
edit on 12-6-2014 by jrod because: y

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We can buy ak rifles and ammo directly from russia but we can't buy cigars from cuba.

It makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
We can buy ak rifles and ammo directly from russia but we can't buy cigars from cuba.

It makes no sense.

That's why I said 'Big Karma' rather than the usual term, Cuba simply isn't in the club, while Russia always was.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Simple,it keeps the few surviving Anti-Castro Cubans happy although it seems their grandchildren don't care one way or another much to their elder's dismay I'm sure.52 years worth of rhetoric and saber rattling have gotten us nowhere it's time way past time to lift the embargo.Let the geezers down in Little Havana throw a fit.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't think Cuba itself can create a worldwide economic revolution but, remember, Cuba is trading with the rest of the world. The only country they’re not trading with is us! We’re the minority on this one. To this day I do not understand why. Why are we going against every other country in the world that trades with Cuba and we don’t? We’re the closest country to them and they haven’t done anything to us. That's the best part! Cuba has done nothing to the USA. And the sad thing is I’ll remind people that Fidel and his brother and the leaders of Cuba, they’re not missing a meal you know. The only thing this embargo hurts is the actual Cuban people. Why would you want to harm the Cuban people? They are wonderful people, why would you want to harm them? I don’t understand why you would.

a reply to: Kali74

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join