It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance Companies Run Healthcare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Insurance companies and "big pharma" run the healthcare system. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad, but true.

My husband is a disabled veteran, with PTSD and Anxiety disorders. He was prescribed something that worked - but then the insurance company decided to not "cover" the dosage he NEEDS. We had to fight just to get the damn thing filled, even though the DOCTOR prescribed the dosage, based on the med's affect and the problems that cropped back up when the dose was "reduced" to insurance-approved levels.

We now have to pay out of pocket for the extra -- and even the pharmacists were frustrated. It's happening more and more. The pharmacist said, "Your insurance says 'no'."

And I said, in my most authoritative and assertive tone (and I know these pharmacists, we've been using their services for years)....

IT ISN'T UP TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY, IT'S BETWEEN [my husband] AND HIS DOCTOR!!!

Actually, the pharmacists agreed. They managed to tweak the system enough to allow us to buy the 'over'dose supply at their cost - because they are kind and good and helpful people.

It really pisses me off.

Insurance IS NOT meant to be a money-making enterprise played on Wall Street.
It's mean to be a pool of funds that ANYONE can draw from, and ALL pitch in for.

It makes me sick. It makes me need medication.
Screw them.

Nationwide, at least, is owned by its policy-holders, and NOT some Wall Street traded firm.
gha

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Insurance companies and "big pharma" run the healthcare system. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad, but true.

My husband is a disabled veteran, with PTSD and Anxiety disorders. He was prescribed something that worked - but then the insurance company decided to not "cover" the dosage he NEEDS. We had to fight just to get the damn thing filled, even though the DOCTOR prescribed the dosage, based on the med's affect and the problems that cropped back up when the dose was "reduced" to insurance-approved levels.

your husband should check with the VA for his meds i know if a couple vets that get prescriptions written by non VA doctors filled by the VA.
www.va.gov...
edit on 3-5-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And to top it all off, the state insurance commissions, which were initially set up as "protectors" of citizens from insurance company "unfairness" have also now joined the corporate dark side.

I was owed $ by an insurance company for medical bills from a car accident that a lawyer friend discovered they should have paid. He got the insurance company to admit they owed the money, but the insurance company played all sorts of games and dragged their feet for ten more months.

Lawyer said a few years ago, all he had to do was write a letter to the state insurance commission and they would have put major pressure on the company to pay. Today, he said, even writing that letter would be a waste of time.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join