It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obsession with arguments for and against faith or science

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Is this because you interpret the bible literally? If that is the case, I'm sorry to say but you are a vastly shrinking minority since that line of thinking has been all but proven to be incorrect, but if you want to find more people with that thinking, you should move to the American south to the American mid-west. It's pretty much the only place left on earth where thinking like that remains

Living here in St. Louis, in the midwest, I have to say that is a stereotype that just is not accurate.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that everyone in the midwest believed that. I used to live in Oklahoma, I know that isn't the case since I lived it. But what I've found is that the areas that I mentioned tend to be the hot spots for these belief systems. Notice whenever a story breaks where some Creationist wants to have creationism taught along side evolution or something they tend to originate from these states?

Broad strokes. Remember, you told me choice of words is very important.

It certainly is and I'm glad that you asked me to clarify my words a bit more before assuming anything

It's like saying the only place one will find a Mormon in the country is in Salt Lake City.

The OP could find someone close to what she is seeking anywhere in the world.

Yes, this is true, but she'd have a better chance of finding someone in one of those states. Back in 1967, if you wanted to find a hippie you looked in San Fransisco, but it's not like that was the only place you could find them. That is just where many of them happened to be.

She also needs to let herself realize she is only 20 and thinking can change vastly as one ages, lives life, and experiences.

Very true. I thought the same thing when I read her age. I'm only 29 and I can attest to this being true. Just in the last 9 years, my thinking has vastly changed since then. I'm sure after another 9 years or longer, my thinking will be even more different then.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
THANK YOU All for your opinions

You know in theory everything is simple, but in practice it's much more harder...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join