It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The relationship of twins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Have you ever given much thought to the relationship of twin babies?
If you're like me you have. Synopsis of the video involved link shows an
incredible human relationship, between twin babies who do not realise
they have been born yet. And for me well, it's prolly not news to some
of you how Randy gets all easily misty eyed. I can't help my having thoughts
that open the gifts of the heart. But I thought this was so worth posting and
decided to post it here. And so I ask members to post some amazing paranormal
instances that they may know of as having occured
between twins. I'm sure there will at least be a few responses.
I hope you enjoy the thread.

edit on Rpm41514v40201400000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow man, that was a tear inducing video!
I have nothing to add about twins other than my cousins who are twins always could finish each other sentences and became rather well known Christian gospel singers/puppeteers together. They always said that they could read each others minds and knew when the other was in trouble or hurt.

ok...I am going to go share that video on FB now..

I think it deserves it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by randyvs

Wow man, that was a tear inducing video!
I have nothing to add about twins other than my cousins who are twins always could finish each other sentences and became rather well known Christian gospel singers/puppeteers together. They always said that they could read each others minds and knew when the other was in trouble or hurt.

ok...I am going to go share that video on FB now..

I think it deserves it.

Well that's very cool to know I'm not the only one
with a big sissys heart. lol

And I think what you just added qualifies.

edit on Rpm41514v432014u31 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow. That video is great - how precious they are. Add me to the list of people crying over it. Thanks for sharing!

I too find the subject of twins just fascinating.

Here is a brief article on telepathy between twins: www.buzzle.com...

Some highlights from the article:
--Two male twins had different areas of interest: one played soccer and the other took guitar lessons. After a few months, however, the soccer-playing twin could play the guitar nearly as well as his brother without ever having taken a lesson. A study of the boys also said that they had had "limited interaction" with each other during the time they were pursuing these interests.

--While shopping, a man in Texas was forced to sit down due to a stabbing pain in his chest. He later learned that his twin brother in New York was having a heart attack at the same time.

--A young girl had an accident with her bicycle and broke her ankle. Her twin sister developed swelling in the same uninjured ankle.

Here is another article on the connection between twins: www.twinologys.com...
It is an article about one set of twins that feels they have a psychic connection. They share several stories, such as this one:

Another testament to their ESP is while Pam was living in Hawaii, she remembers waking up with intense stomach pain. Hugging her stomach, Pam said, “It was very unusual. I was doubled over in pain.” Later that day she got a call from their mother and was told that Pat had a C-section with her son Zachary. Plus, Pat remembers, “When Pam was having gallbladder surgery I had severe stomach pains as well. The same thing happened to me.” Both felt each other’s pain without knowing what was happening to the other.

What does it all mean? I have no idea. But it is really interesting stuff!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I used to work in a daycare and we had these two twins that could literally understand each other without talking...it was so fascinating. One got sick and was in the hospital and the other would feel it. They also mumbled alot when they talked and we couldnt understand them but they could understand each other.....I think it may have been Ruppert Sheldrake who did some paranormal studies with twins that had some good results. I fully believe there is some there when it comes to twins.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As an identical twin, I just want to say this thread is #.
There is no such thing as a "twin" bond. Twins don't have secret powers, and no, I don't feel pain when he does or know what my twin is thinking.
I get asked that every single day, and it's just not true. I haven't seen anything in my 24 years of being an identical twin to make me think twins have anything extra.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

rangerdanger
There is no such thing as a "twin" bond. Twins don't have secret powers, and no, I don't feel pain when he does or know what my twin is thinking.
I get asked that every single day, and it's just not true. I haven't seen anything in my 24 years of being an identical twin to make me think twins have anything extra.

Thanks for adding your very relevant perspective. But I don't think anyone has ever claimed that all twins have this "telepathic" connection. It is rare (if it is indeed real). So, just because you do not have this rare connection to your twin doesn't mean the phenomenon doesn't exist between other twins.

I can definitely understand getting sick of hearing people ask you about it, though - like you guys are some kind of side show. That would get very old, very fast.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That was an amazing video ! It brought tears to my eyes. I wish I wish I wish... I had a video of my babies similar to that one.

I am a twin and yes I have a special connection / bond with my twin. I don't know if you would call it anything out of the ordinary. In saying that what I mean is that any two people could have the same type of connection / bond that twins have if they allow themselves to have it. It is a very special bond and I hope and pray everyone on this earth can have this type of connection with another human being. Some twins may not be very close at all for whatever reason and do not form that special bond and then some do.

As children my twin and I had a secret language between the two of us. We made it up between the two of us and only spoke it to each other. Some might consider this to be unusual but this not only happens with twins, it also happens with multiples in general. This could happen between any set of babies that are placed together in living situations and they are very close. It's like a little tribe of people living together and naturally a language between them forms.

As far as being able to sense when something is wrong with sis... yeah we have both had that happen but like I said above, we are all capable of this. The closer you are to others... its naturally going to happen if you are intuitive to it.

I am a twin and I had twin babies. My twins are fraternal - a boy & girl. When I found out I was having twins, I cried for at-least a half an hour. I was over joyed but at the same time I was thinking about everything they would experience together and knew it would be a crazy ride. But isn't it a crazy ride for everyone ?

I am looking forward to watching how the relationship between my twins form over the years... being that they are a boy and a girl instead of same sex, I often wonder if they will not be as close as my sis and I. It will be interesting to watch the chapters in this somewhat familiar book unfold. Only this time instead of being in the book, looking outside... I will be the observer having a peek inside.

leolady
edit on 15-4-2014 by leolady because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2014 by leolady because: cuz

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

rangerdanger

Awe, that sucks. I welcome your opinion and was hoping everyone would
at least enjoy the video. Oh well I apologise if I offended you.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I am a twin and I had twin babies. My twins are fraternal - a boy & girl. When I found out I was having twins, I cried for at-least a half an hour. I was over joyed but at the same time I was thinking about everything they would experience together and knew it would be a crazy ride. But isn't it a crazy ride for everyone ?
9/quote]

That is awesome! The video makes me well up everytime I watch it.
And you seem to make myth of the notion that twins only come every
other generation?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thank you for the video. S&F I have fraternal twins myself, boy and girl. They were born prematurely and were in the NICU for a while. We brought our son home 2 weeks before we were able to bring our daughter home. When we were home with our son only, he was quite fussy and agitated acting most of the time. We assumed it was just a baby thing, as these are our first children. When we finally brought our daughter home, we put them beside each other immediately. This was the first time they had really been together in the same spot since they were born. What I will say is that our son was a 180 degree different baby from that day forward. He was not agitated nor fussy hardly at all.

The first night she was home, we laid them both on the bed about a foot or so away from each other. They immediately began squirming and within 60 or so seconds, they were laying tightly side by side, head to head and fell asleep. As babies, any time they were laying down in the same area, they would work their way together and lay like this. It was truly awesome to watch them fight and squirm to get together and how at peace they made each other.

They fight like cats and dogs now (2 years old). But they are inseparable and make sure they take care of each other mostly before they take care of themselves. That doesn't mean they don't instigate each other, but their bond is tighter than I could have imagined. Sorry for the long story, but I tend to babble when it comes to my kids.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Identical twins are likely to give each other the most social support of any siblings, closely followed by fraternal twins and full siblings. There is a high correlation between genetic relatedness and social support, because siblings who have more in common tend to like the same things, and therefore spend more time with one another in a supportive relationship.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CrawlingKingsnake

The first night she was home, we laid them both on the bed about a foot or so away from each other. They immediately began squirming and within 60 or so seconds, they were laying tightly side by side, head to head and fell asleep. As babies, any time they were laying down in the same area, they would work their way together and lay like this. It was truly awesome to watch them fight and squirm to get together and how at peace they made each other.

This is really beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Heartmath website

I believe this has been posted before, but there has been a lot of research into the heart and the fields that it produces. Very very interesting stuff, I think everyone should have a look!

Related to it, they have shown that electrons that are at one point 'connected', stay in sync no matter the distances.

thanks!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

Related to it, they have shown that electrons that are at one point 'connected', stay in sync no matter the distances.

I wonder if the thread might have enjoyed greater success in the science forum?
Oh well, it is what it is.

top topics

join