It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge Exposes Another Obamacare Lie, Pays 'Liberty Tax'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It looks like if you pay the piper early (the White House says) you get creamed too. If one opts out as owner of a small business like Matt Drudge does, the penalty comes due by the quarter year-- and Matt sent in the money recently for the first quarter of 2014. Matt called it the "Liberty Tax" in his blog recently, and here comes the Penn Ave Irregulars.
And also halfway interesting, the large teakettle full of robot urine we call ObamaCare may show a bigger problem... the White House doesn't seem to know how their own law works.

Health Reform: Despite White House claims no one has to pay ObamaCare's individual mandate tax until next year, a Web heavyweight points out that self-employed individuals file their estimated taxes this year for 2014.

In what could be the tweet heard around the world, Internet icon Matt Drudge tweeted at 11:09 a.m. Friday:

"Just paid the ObamaCare penalty for not 'getting covered' ... I'M CALLING IT A LIBERTY TAX!"

A mere 22 minutes later, White House spokesman Jesse Lee tweeted: "Flat lie, no fee for previous year."

Lee's tweet shows just how little the White House knows about business, particularly small business, and the self-employed individuals such as Matt Drudge who file as small businesses and who each year must not only settle up for the prior year by mid-April but must also pay their first-quarter estimated taxes for the current year.

Full article at
Investor's Business Daily

This isn't really surprising, since it doesn't appear the tax lawyers weighed in on their own script and advised the WH before the Administration's comment.
Just the same, I believe it's against my better personal interests to even sign up right now--- and if they want to levy a penalty on me for not buying something I'm not statistically likely to live long enough to extract a benefit-- well, come at me fro.ROFL.

For any stretch of the imagination this latest development will probably cause a new wave of revulsion/nausea by the mom-and-pop companies out there who will have to comply quarterly if they pay their taxes in the same interval.

Last EDIT:: I'm sorry Nancy-- as a person I like you fine but...
You guys will have to read that sucker to figure out how to legally enforce it.

edit on 25-3-2014 by derfreebie because: Yeow, Mossad hijacked my Clipboard! Longhand I guess...

edit on 25-3-2014 by derfreebie because: We'll just have to scuttle the ship to find out where the rocks is

edit on 25-3-2014 by derfreebie because: Even Wackypedia will not save you from ME

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

"As a self-employed individual, generally you are required to file an annual return and pay estimated tax quarterly," the IRS website states.

IRS form (1040-ES) for estimating quarterly taxes specifically recommends adding the mandate penalty to line 12 for "other taxes" — to pay before the first quarterly deadline of April 15.

"It is true that thousands of small businesses will be forced to pay ObamaCare taxes quarterly in 2014," a Senate Budget Committee aide told Breitbart News on Friday afternoon.

This is what many people fail to understand.

Self employed people must file "estimated" tax forms and payments for any "next" tax year.

Many did that last year as well.

The "White House" responses are absolutely silly and childish and show their total ignorance.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

xuenchen

"As a self-employed individual, generally you are required to file an annual return and pay estimated tax quarterly," the IRS website states.

IRS form (1040-ES) for estimating quarterly taxes specifically recommends adding the mandate penalty to line 12 for "other taxes" — to pay before the first quarterly deadline of April 15.

"It is true that thousands of small businesses will be forced to pay ObamaCare taxes quarterly in 2014," a Senate Budget Committee aide told Breitbart News on Friday afternoon.

This is what many people fail to understand.

Self employed people must file "estimated" tax forms and payments for any "next" tax year.

Many did that last year as well.

The "White House" responses are absolutely silly and childish and show their total ignorance.

A good point about the citation xuenchen, i got it in a wringer a few years back by not filing with my SP corp--- even though Title 26 clearly stated I hadn't netted enough income to even file. The Feds subsequently had nothing to do with me because I'm at a point I wasn't worth reading the paperwork over... on the other hand Illinois cranked up the burner and dissolved me for not filing, even though both citations say no. Subject matter pending, no comment... there's no statute of limitations on ignorant either. It can cause recurring if not permanent injury. Still growing back tail feathers

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's getting to the point that it would be easier to list obamacare truths. The list of lies seems endless.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
It's getting to the point that it would be easier to list obamacare truths. The list of lies seems endless.

Here are many of the Obama.Care "Truths":

Definitely easier to list.

top topics

join