It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

childrens Telavision is a outlet for subliminal messages, thus corrupting the youth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
you think about pokemon,digimon and all that crap, is it the poorly writen script, or the clich'e story lines, maybe its secret messages in the happy faces, or in the pokemons face, maybe all the cutesy wootsy voices saying love all you're pokemon when they are realy chanting KILL KILL DESTROY THE GOVERNMENT ANARCHY IS THE WAY!!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Mate the only subliminal messages in shows like pokemon are "this is boring crap show the Flintstones in this time slot." Before my brains reads the subliminal messages Im so bored that I am a sleep.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i dont think these shows turn kids into mindless idiots as they have their teachers do do that for them - do a google search on dumbing down of children and see what you get - all the dumbing down is in the vaccines

no offence to members with kids as i am sure most parents do a great job bringing up their kids.....me, i took the easy option and have a dog

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What about Teletubbies? Remember how they were making kids gay, and if you pressed the tummy of the doll of the purple one, it said "faggot faggot?" Also, Tinky Winky carried a purse.

Doobeedoobeedooo.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Childrens TV is not the best, and just sitting your kids in front of such crap for hours is poor parenting. Growing up, I watched plenty of TV, but I was armed with the tools to filter out some of the messages and worthless drivel. I knew early on that ads were created to make me want things. My mom would ask me why I saw ads for My Little Pony on Saturday morning, but not during the news. I knew what was aimed at me and why, and didn't fall for it. She'd ask questions often, and ALWAYS knew what I was watching, and when. I was also a latch key kid, and spent a lot of time on my own, but she still knew because she asked.

Also, why are TVs given to young children in their bedrooms to watch nonstop? A 6 year old doesn't need a 19 inch TV with DVD player in their bedroom. C'mon.

Sure, TV is corrupting youth because parents let it happen. We don't need a V-chip to parent our kids, we need involvement. TV is also corrupting teens, young adults, the middle aged, and elderly.

I love my TV and watch it often. I'm not anti-TV, I'm anti-mindless-drivel watched with no understanding. Watch all the junk you want, but at least know it's junk.

As for Teletubbies... that has to be the WORST show for kids to watch beyond Tinky -Winky trying to create "gay" children. It doesn't use much language for kids to learn from and consists of endless babble, it is like life on quaaludes, stealing is frequent and funny, and it teaches kids to stare at the sun. Great show if you're a stoned college student, but isn't so valuable if you're 3.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
you people have made some very good points, but I do think that childrens add's are crap, they confuse the kids with colours,lights,and poor music, the kids get worped into comsumer's to buying crap all their lives, prehaps we should'nt blame the tool, but maybe the person controling the tool

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This have been talked about many, many times before.

Thread Closed.

join