It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi associate says 'Not linked to Al Qaida'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
An article translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute discusses Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, and his rationalization for his jihad in Iraq. This article is an interview of an unidentified associate of Zarqawi's, and was originally written by Al-Hayat

Topics include "The Goals of Al-Zarqawi's Struggle", "The Murder of Hostages in Iraq", "Al-Zarqawi's Attitude toward Shi'ites", and "Al-Zarqawi's Connection to Al-Qa'ida".

With regard to the claims that Al-Zarqawi is affiliated with Al-Qa'ida, the source said: "I wish that he was an Al-Qa'ida representative in Iraq. But the truth is that Al-Zarqawi has his own organization. He is not an Al-Qa'ida member and has no connection to Sheikh Osama [bin Laden]. They only employ the same method.

"There is no organizational connection between them � on the contrary, many Arab youth have said that they will swear allegiance to Al-Zarqawi provided that he swear allegiance to Sheikh Osama. They say that so far he has not sworn allegiance, and that he used to say: 'to this day I have not sworn allegiance to Sheikh Osama and I am not acting in the framework of his organization�'"

MEMRI

From what I have gleaned from this interview, it almost seems as if Zarqawi and bin Laden are in a race to reestablish the Caliphate. They are not working together on the global jihad, but both have similar goals, eventually creating a large Islamic state in the middle east without Israel.

Anyone think these wack jobs have a snowballs chance in Baghdad of succeeding in an Islamic global domination?

[edit on 9/22/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is important, and needs to be read.
More from the article on MEMRI.

In response to a question about Al-Zarqawi's stance regarding Shi'ites � especially in light of an open letter attributed to him stating that he wants a civil war in Iraq in which Shi'ites will be attacked � the source said: "Isn't it true that it was the Americans who distributed the letter? What do you expect of your enemy? Their lie is obvious." He added, "Al-Zarqawi's position [on Shi'ites] is clear� The entire Salafi stream believes that the Shi'a is an infidel ideology. I believe this and Abu Mus'ab [Al-Zarqawi] believes that the Shi'a is heresy. But this does not mean that we declare the Shi'ite masses infidels. We must call upon them to atone to Allah."

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Man I wish these groups would stop using their religion to justify their actions. They should just have the cajones to say they are resisting a perceived tryanny instead of bastardizing their faith.

I don't believe one organization like Al Qa'ida control everything. There are so many splinter groups that considering them an organization is neat way to compartmentalize them.

join