It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosauroid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Heh... this would popup sooner or later.

Ok... After browsing this forum... I've heard breif talk about these "Reptillion" Creatures. (2 types :puz

But... it kinda clicked.
I pulled out this old book of mine.
'The Almanac of Science and Technology
Whats New and Whats Known'
1st Edition

Turning to pages 84-85
you will find a;
What If...? Spot with this text below it.

"Dale Russell, curator of fossil vertebrates at Canada's
National Mueseum of Science in Ottawa, Ontario, has left
the detail of the Creraceous extinction to other research-
ers and has instead focused his attention on what might
have happened if the dinosaurs had not disappeared 65
million years ago. He suggested that, if the dinosaurs had
continued to evolve until the present day, the descendants
of at least one dinosaur species might now be a dominant
form of life on earth.
While examining fossils of a 5-foot-tall, 90-pound
carnivore known as Stenonychosaurus, which lived 75
million years ago, Russell calulated that the estimated
ratio of brain weight to body weight for this creature was
fairly high, making Stenonychosaurus at least as intelligent as
today's opossums. The dinosaur also stood
partially upright and had binmocular vision and an oppos-
able digit (a sort of thumb) on its hand -- all attributes of
todays's more intelligent species, such as apes, chimpan-
zees, and humans. Russel speculated that this creature
would have devloped a fully upright posture if it had not
become extinct"

-Closeup of the Face-

-Full Body Image-
www.burlingtonnews.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

-Other Images-
www.kt.rim.or.jp..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
www.kt.rim.or.jp..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

"Dinosauroid", Sculpture by Dale Russell and Ron Seguin, 1982, Canadian Museum of Nature, Ottawa, Canada

An interesting link of it also comes up here: www.thewatcherfiles.com...

I'm still wondering why I even chose this book years ago when I bought it.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ahh... Sten, the original inhabitant.

I'm still wondering why I even chose this book years ago when I bought it.

Maybe the book chose you.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i say.....TRY AND CLONE IT! then we'll have 2 dominant species on earth =)

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have seen that Dinosauroid on a show about dinosaurs. Its quite errie looking. The dino that was based on had a much larger brain then the mammals around at the time and it was getting smarter.

I remember they talking about that creature feeding its young, since it had no milk mammary glands like a mammal it would have to regurgitate its food into the babies mouths

If a alien race visited earth during the 300 million years dinosaurs lived they would no doubt study them out of interest. But what if they one day found out all these amazing animals were going to be wiped out by a asteroid.

Would they try to save any of them try to conserve some amazing life if they had the power. If dinosaurs survived for another 65 million years to present day they may be far more advanced then us monkeys.

Would earth be their rightful homeworld if some aliens save them from destruction and moved them to another planet.

I have often thought about this possiblity. Many people that talk about this "Reptillion" aliens say that they think of earth as their birth place or earth they feel they should own earth?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The problem with this is that evolution doesn't follow a set course and so there is no way to say that this is what Steno 'would' have looked like if it lived. This is just one possible outcome out of many.

Still, the model DOES resonate at a basic level. I mean... it's eerie simply because it evokes mythical tales of demons and other types of monsters.

If 'reptilian' aliens really did evolve on Earth and DO consider it theirs and not ours... then they could have rubbed us out a long time ago instead of waiting until we developed the A-bomb.

That being said... I'm open to the idea that multiple intelligences have evolved on earth over time. I read somewhere that the various whale species had reached their current brain sizes millions of years before human ancestors were even upright. A visitor to earth from outer space ten million years ago may very well have considered dolphins or sperm whales to be the most intelligent species on earth... so our sense that we are the clear masters of this planet is a pretty recent outlook...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
seeing that model again makes ya' think...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
If 'reptilian' aliens really did evolve on Earth and DO consider it theirs and not ours... then they could have rubbed us out a long time ago instead of waiting until we developed the A-bomb.

Or maybe our A-Bomb is nothing for them.... we must stop thinking we are at such a great level of evolution.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I hope I'm not being dense, but the creature shown was a projection of the Troodon, the dino fossil found that had a large brain case. This critter is what the Troodon might have evolved into. Some of the post lead me to believe that some think this creature actually existed. It did not. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just posted this due to what it resembled. That is all.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I just posted this due to what it resembled. That is all.

Yes, I got that, it was later posts, by others, that made me wonder.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Damned Sleestaks....and I never did find out what was with those flying glowing triangles!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Damned Sleestaks....and I never did find out what was with those flying glowing triangles!!!

Soooo, Marshall, Howz Will and Holly?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hey Der Kapitan,
Thats an awesome avatar!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thats an awesome avatar!

Thanks, it's a photo of a t-shirt a friend got for me.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i remember reading an article in which they were talking about a dinosaur that had a thumb. i cant remember the name of the dinosaur but they said the ones they have in the museums were assembled wrong and that one person had actually assembled the fossil remains the correct way. somehow the government found out and made him change it. this dinosaur from the past was the so called reptilian race.

too bad i cant remember that name of the dinosaur. anyone know what im talking about?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Enrage-

that was one of the first dinos found. The Iguanodon. It's not actually a thumb, but a spike on the "hand" of the dino used for defense or food gathering. When originally found the spike was placed on the nose of the animal. It wasn't until a articulated skeleton was found in Germany that scientists knew the correct placement of the spike.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Enrage-

that was one of the first dinos found. The Iguanodon. It's not actually a thumb, but a spike on the "hand" of the dino used for defense or food gathering. When originally found the spike was placed on the nose of the animal. It wasn't until a articulated skeleton was found in Germany that scientists knew the correct placement of the spike.

yup, thats the one.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've only heard that story once or twice...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Enrage-

that was one of the first dinos found. The Iguanodon.

There are a couple of links about this beast here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I recall seeing a TV show about this conjecture a while ago - if I had to guess at which one, I'd guess at the BBC show - "Horizon". It extrapolated evidence and drew the same conclusions pretty much, that evolution may have produced a humanoid, binocular reptile at some future point ...

[edit on 7-9-2004 by 0951]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
what a good post if i were a mod i would applaud you. i am giving you my way above vote. but anyways i think they still exist because there is proof everywhere and i also think ancient culutures knew a lot about them. I think now days they live underground and in caves.It also says in the original bible translation that the serpent in Eden had legs and walked upright.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join