It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steath Holographic Jet Orb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Fist off I know nothing really of jet fighter technology
I�m asking the brain power here on ATS for they�re knowledgeable opinion
Is the technology possible,
I found this picture and a few more at

www.orbwar.com...

this is what the web site believes it to be uncloaked

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think Optical camo is indeed real and is being tested at places like Area 51 right now as we speak. There is talk of this tech being used on a personal level so of course this tech would be much easier to apply to something as big as a plane long before it can be used on a humans scale.

Thats a weird pic I dont know quite what to make of it, I dont think its optical camo as I dont think you would even see that much of the plane. But its wierd none the less

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
There is talk of this tech being used on a personal level so of course this tech would be much easier to apply to something as big as a plane long before it can be used on a humans scale.

True. Britain had experimented with this on a tank codenamed "chamelion" but the major problems were getting the light level right and the power used was very high. It's got a long way to go.

Certainly for an entire plane it would take a lot to get right. The weight, the surface contours...

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Cjwinnit]

SMR

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Maybe they use this?
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Maybe they use this?
news.bbc.co.uk...

Is the picture of the person wearing the clock real?

SMR

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yes.
I cant find the other link that explains how it is done.But it works off reflection of sorts.
I will look for the link.

Here we go.......
projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp...
www.wired.com...

[edit on 29-8-2004 by SMR]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Eletrochromatic panels :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Intersting pics, looking at teh pic of the F117 it looks kinda fake for some reason. I have emulated on a simple scale the projected transparency experiment, with similar outcome, but needs tweaking. Very interesting either way.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe it looks like a well done Paintshop edited pic. Lookat it for a while and you might see what i mean...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I believe it looks like a well done Paintshop edited pic. Lookat it for a while and you might see what i mean...

DaRAGE I'm not saying there real or not but check out the link they are interesting.
www.orbwar.com...

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes it is real:

A reader inquires: Is the military developing uniforms that would make soldiers invisible?

The perfect cloak of Frodo Baggins is still far off, if not impossible, but DARPA-funded researchers are working on a new kind of camouflage that would fall only a few steps short of elvish magic. According to Philip Moynihan, a NASA engineer who published a paper on the subject in 2000, so-called adaptive camouflage would visually merge soldiers with their surroundings--whether that's an urban backdrop or dense jungle brush. The basic principle is simple: Cameras would capture the scene behind the uniform while embedded displays would reproduce the image on its front.

here is the rest of the article.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I would bet that the originasl picture is of a passenger plane (MD-80?) with white paint on the fueselage which is more reflective than the wings. At a sufficient altitude most of the aircraft would be 'invisible' to most cameras as a product of the film grain or the pixelation by digital cameras.

new topics

top topics

join