It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Prefers Local Beers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wanted to post this in as a humor article but could not find the choice in the selection. I came across this article on CNN this morning and found it quite amusing. Apparently the bears in Seattle, WA don't like Busch - they're into the local beers now.

Lesson learned -- only pack Busch when camping and your beer will be safe from bears.

Dude, my head is pounding...

www.cnn.com
SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A black bear was found passed out at a campground in Washington state recently after guzzling down three dozen cans of a local beer, a campground worker said on Wednesday.

"We noticed a bear sleeping on the common lawn and wondered what was going on until we discovered that there were a lot of beer cans lying around," said Lisa Broxson, a worker at the Baker Lake Resort, 80 miles (129 kilometers) northeast of Seattle.

The hard-drinking bear, estimated to be about two years old, broke into campers' coolers and, using his claws and teeth to open the cans, swilled down the suds.

It turns out the bear was a bit of a beer sophisticate. He tried a mass-market Busch beer, but switched to Rainier Beer, a local ale, and stuck with it for his drinking binge.

Wildlife agents chased the bear away, but it returned the next day, said Broxson.

They set a trap using as bait some doughnuts, honey and two cans of Rainier Beer. It worked, and the bear was captured for relocation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The bear drank 36 beers and then passed out. That bear must have a drinking problem in bear-land. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for bears?

If they're not stealing bear it's the damn birdseed they're after: www.lancasteronline.com...

What would an article on beer-guzzling bears be without a bear joke: www.lifeisajoke.com...

[edit on 8/19/2004 by titian]

[edit on 8-19-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm surprised the bear's friends didn't shave off his eyebrows, and put lipstick on him.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
That bear must have a drinking problem in bear-land. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for bears?

"Huh my name is Yogi, and i'm a disgrace to wildlife in general."

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I loved Rainier, when I lived in Montana.

new topics

top topics

join