It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Critics of E-Voting File Suit Against Diebold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A long and uphill battle has been fought by Bev Harris and it is not over. Entrapment techniques and harrassment were used against her as well as intimidation. Check the links for more info. For now Bev and Jim March, who ar filing the suit, are following the "money trail, " ....the root of all evil?

www.signonsandiego.com
Critics of e-voting file suit against Diebold
July 11, 2004
SAN FRANCISCO � Electronic voting critics are suing Diebold Inc., alleging that the hardware and software company's shoddy equipment exposed California elections to hackers and software bugs.

Computer programmer Jim March and activist Bev Harris, who filed the case in November, are asking the state and counties to join the lawsuit. They're seeking full reimbursement for Diebold equipment purchased in California. State election officials have spent at least $8 million on paperless touch-screen machines.

Because the suit relies on an obscure provision called "qui tam," March and Harris could collect up to 30 percent of any reimbursement.
Diebold spokesman David Bear said yesterday the company has not been served with the lawsuit and would not comment until it reviewed the case.

Nationwide, lawmakers are expressing doubts about the integrity of paperless voting terminals made by several large manufacturers, which up to 50 million Americans will use in November. In the March primary, 573 of 1,038 polling places in San Diego County failed to open on time because of computer malfunctions

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is interesting that when it appears the blackboxes may be in legal litagation, and not lined up for the powers that be, that we hear about "delays" to our national election....

If you read the link, i think it is also "priceless" that there is an "obscure law" that could allow both March and Harris to collect 30% of the damages....

Related News Links:
www.blackboxvoting.org
www.seattleweekly.com
www.salon.com
www.scoop.co.nz

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I approve strongly of any opposition to electronic voting. However, the fact that these people want to get 30% of the reparations almost annuls any of my enthusiasm for their case...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is the perfect art of illusion, giving the appearence that elections are a free and genuine process whereby the voice of the people are heard by the power of the vote and freedom and liberty reign. NOT!

Here's how it works: The candidates presented for the citizens to vote on have already gone through a pre-election winnowing process by the global elites. All the "chaff," as it were, has been seperated from the "wheat," leaving only the chaff behind. So, no matter who a citizen votes for - with or without a Diebold - they'll always be casting their worthless vote for an APPOINTED "chaff" candidate beholden to the very same globalist elites.

Wake up, men and women...

[edit on 13-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"Delays to the national election" are the very least of the worries if these voting machines are used. All three manufacturers (Ohio based Diebold Election Systems, California based Sequoia Voting Systems, and Omaha based Election Systems and Software) are republican-led corporations actively involved in Bush's re-election campaign.

These new black boxes are now in 30 States. According to Newsweek they "will be used by about 28 percent of the country in the November election." Clearly, enough machines to swing any election!

These machines leave no paper trail, and Diebold spokesman David Bear has stated that "negative votes can be entered." Why in the sh!t would a computer program designed to add up all of the votes be able to subtract some?!?!?!

READ THIS

-raven

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spngsambigpants
I approve strongly of any opposition to electronic voting. However, the fact that these people want to get 30% of the reparations almost annuls any of my enthusiasm for their case...

so far, i have found bev harris very hard working and trust worthy, guess time will tell, if you go to her site, blackboxvoting.org, she states the proceeds will go for truth in voting....

the proceeds from her book are stated to go to go this movement, guess that can be checked too....i believe she has put a lot of her own time and life energy into this, hope i am not disappointed in her in the end. so far not.

new topics

top topics

join