It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fissure I speculated on is way bigger than i thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The fissure I speculated on is way bigger than i thought

www.globalresearch.ca

Satellite imagery reportedly being withheld by the Obama administration, shows that what lies under the gaping chasm spewing oil at an ever-alarming rate is a cavern estimated to be the size of Mount Everest. This information has been given an almost national security-level classification to keep it from the public, according to Madsen’s sources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I said some weeks ago that the USGS is helping to hide the fact that a massive fissure opened up and is gushing oil in amounts inconceivable to the public. it seems that I am not the only one who is thinking along these lines. I wish they had put some of these images up so we could get some supporting evidence.

I think the time is coming when the people of the world, not just the USA say enough is enough and march on Washington, sit down and refuse to leave until they tell the truth.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wayne Madsen
is usually right
so is WF Engdahl
these are some of the go to guys
when you need to know.
the buried patriots leak to them vause they know

global research kicks butt too
I hope everyone puts that site in their favorites

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Wow...

This is insane...Englands climate could be at risk.... methinks the Rancor towards BP would also exist across the pond if more knew this...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Are you speculating now?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

If this is true, can anyone make an informed calculation as to how many GALLONS of oil would be inside. So far the main figure bandied about without reference to a mount everest sized cavern is around 80 billion gallons which if it bled would be just over 2 and a half thousand times more oil spilled than the world's previous largest ever spill

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I keep going back to the oil plumes which get no attention. the small plume was 10 miles by 3 miles by 0.1 miles which is 10 x 3 x 0.1 = 3 cubic miles. If you take an oil to water density of just 10% then you have 0.3 cubic miles of oil. 1 cubic mile of oil is one trillion gallons LINK, so 0.3 = 300,000,000,000 gallons of oil and that is the smallest of the plumes. I think if the press started to talk about a small plume being three hundred billion gallons then people would start to show some serious concern.

When you take the other plumes into consideration at the same 10% density you are talking over 11 trillion gallons of oil washing around the Gulf. This figure is not a WHACK-JOB figure it is very realistic. What concerns me is that the oil may very well be in much higher concentrations, but as we the general public and even the independent scientific community are not allowed to go anywhere near the place, we may only find out the truth when we replace Obama or the oil hits the Atlantic.

Worst case from the information we have is over 100 trillion gallons released so far.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ok, but since my question this morning I've spent along time googling arounf trying to find proper answers and apparantly :

1. The estimated amount of oil contained in the place they were drilling is 4-6 billion gallons which equates to 160- 240 billion gallons

source

This range of figures is consistently reported in various places on the net if you search

2. The Tiber Field is in an area known as the lower tertiary trend, a 300x 60 mile area of multiple reservoirs that in total are estimated to contain up to 15 billion barrels of oil..
source

Your figures surely are way off as you would not get trillions of gallons of oil in the ocean unless the entire lower trend area gave forth all it had and then some.

What I'm trying to work out is what happens if the well can't be capped or the BOP topples...either way you are looking at an unpluggable hole then gushing forth the entire contents of the Tiber field but would that then set off a chain reaction of events unleashing the entire contents of the LOWER TERTIARY TREND ?

Just the contents of the Tiber field would be apocalyptic but if the entire lower tertiary area gave forth it's oil then that would surely be an ELE event for planet earth.

Makes you wonder as imagine all the pressure around the rocks undersea if the tiber field reserves all spew forth....could set of earthquakes which then crack the sea bed all around the lower tertiary area

[edit on 15/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well if tahts true replacing oboma isnt going to help its already to late.
But with what your talking about I would have to see more then numbers to prove that

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was watching one of the ROV feeds Sunday. The ROV was moving along the ocean floor. I watched it for about fifteen minutes. Then it came to this area that appeared to be spewing a massive amount of oil out of the ground. The camera immediately panned to the ground. I kept watching and it would occasionally pan back to the plume of oil. I was able to get screenshots of it, but no video. It's hard to see in the picture what is really going on. Is anyone recording/archiving these live ROV feeds? I would love to show this to everyone, but in motion.

Picture 1: You can see the plume of oil rising up.

Picture 2: This strange looking stuff (seaweed or something?) kept flowing up off the bottom or out of the hole.

Picture 3: Shows the camera panning to the ground.

These pictures where taken less than a minute apart. I have the original screenshots and a few more pics if anyone is interested.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

top topics

join