It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

off-the-charts ATS Growth!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Today I decided to look at some of the stats we have that go back to June of 2002... what an eye opening. First, many members who have been coming to ATS for more than six months will remember the chaotic times of early this year. As we began to see some increased popularity and awareness, our bandwidth began to exceed the contracted amount with Simon's first hosting provided. Also, there were several times where our forum was disabled simply because we were overwhelming the shared server on which ATS shared hosting space. This first graph is the most startling of all, total monthly page-views, looking back 16 months. You'll see that we're now serving about 21 times more pages per month, than this same time last year. Amazing. Our growth in monthly unique visitors has also been something to watch... and this graph may not be telling the whole story. The old shared space server with Liquid Web ran reports both on the main site (www.abovetopsecret.com) and the forum (xmb.abovetopsecret.com), so we may have received several visits that were recorded in both sets of reports. In any event, I totaled both reports from the old site. And in raw visitors, we're receiving about 4.5 times the number of visitors as this time last year. Bandwidth growth has also been amazing, especially since the new forum on this and the previous Pentium server were designed to use far less images than the version running on Liquid Web. Even still, our bandwidth is about seven times what we were serving last year. And the above chart for October does not include the BTS traffic which is now being counted separate from ATS. We can't do this without our members. Thanks to everyone for helping this growth be as amazing as it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That Xenon Server is Magik ....

Ps.
Ill say again my popup blocker hides the google adds
can you add a "vote for this site " link button so I can help with the bandwith costs

Congrats on the Great Site

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
#ing hell!
thats soo amazing, well done

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx Ill say again my popup blocker hides the google adds
Then your blocker is too aggressive... back off some of the features.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yeah, ever since the server upgrade, we've been growing like #$%^&. Very cool graphs William.

We should also get other ways to help with the costs of bandwidth. Not very many people donate over the internet because they're paranoid about their privacy, so nagging for donations won't work. We should add more things to click since clicking is fun.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Time to start selling ATS Gear!!!!

Mugs, T-shirts, etc, etc.........

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I found it interesting that the commercial links in the column to the right of this here were related to public speaking. I'm doing quite a bit of it, including this evening.

So I clicked one, and learned something.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

and BTS gear...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes Prank.......forgive me......I forgot BTS.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Logic prevails:

AboveTopSecret = t-shirts, accessories

BelowTopSecret = underwear, Between The Sheets bedsheets

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow thats great progress, im sure this site will keep on growing ang growing at this fast pace

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And coffee cups !!!

Anyway, interesting that the growth really began at the implementation of the Pentium server. I wonder if that is becouse of the visitor retention due to less connectivity issues, or a parallel marketing effort?

Notice the same effect with the changing to the xenon server, Is this a result of the bandwidth serving faster pages, allowing for more page views in the same time frame, or even extending visitor time retention?

Very interesting, and very impressive !

Great job folks !

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't know how to respond to that but that was simply hilarious MA.

It will be interesting to read Prank's comments to this.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
this site is getting ENORMOUS!

at this rate...come next year...(screams in horror at the thought of it all)

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't know how to respond to that but that was simply hilarious MA.

It will be interesting to read Prank's comments to this.....

regards
seekerof

i was thinking whoopie cushions and foam fingers!

MA's ideas are better than mine!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
this site is getting ENORMOUS!

at this rate...come next year...(screams in horror at the thought of it all)

May give the Prank Monkey some real work to do.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

regards
seekerof

That would be cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Logic prevails:

AboveTopSecret = t-shirts, accessories

BelowTopSecret = underwear, Between The Sheets bedsheets

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley Anyway, interesting that the growth really began at the implementation of the Pentium server. I wonder if that is becouse of the visitor retention due to less connectivity issues, or a parallel marketing effort? Notice the same effect with the changing to the xenon server, Is this a result of the bandwidth serving faster pages, allowing for more page views in the same time frame, or even extending visitor time retention?
Well, with the first shared-space server, our stats were limited by how much the server could serve. There were very often times where the server took more than 10 seconds to process and deliver the forum home page.... we were killing it. With the addition of the Pentium server, we suddenly were able to meet the demand. But within 5 months, we began to experience the same problem... I had to restart the web server and do other routine performance maintenance on a daily basis just to keep that over-worked Petium running (ask Bob88, he's been on the receiving end of several frustrated AIM sessions!). What tends to happen when you reach or suprass the capacity of a webserver is that no one can get anything at all. The number of requests per second exceed the machine's capability to respond, but the requests keep piling up! And then nothing gets out as the machine is completely overwhelmed. We hit this ceiling several times on the Pentium server. Now with the high-horsepower Dual-Xenon server, we again have the capacity to meet demand... where we go from here is anyone's guess.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I did a quick statistical extrapolation of the data William has presented and it appears ATS will need this in apporximately 28 months...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join