It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Police Helicopter Chase UFO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 09:32 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

LINK

A police helicopter went on a dramatic high-speed chase - in pursuit of some little green men.

The tale of the unexpected began when a suspected UFO was spotted next to the Sussex Police vehicle as it flew 1,000ft above Brighton.

Inside, crew members Sergeant John Tickner and paramedic Sean Mitchell sat mesmerised as the glowing object floated next to them before disappearing into the distance. They were so stunned they decided to follow it and used a thermal imaging camera to video events as they chased the mystery object for three minutes before giving up and returning to base.

Now their video is being pored over by UFO enthusiasts around the world in the belief it could provide evidence of life on other planets.

Experts say they are baffled by the Brighton phenomenon. But both Mr Tickner and Mr Mitchell are convinced they did not witness a close encounter of the third kind.

Mr Tickner, 50, who retired last week after 30 years with Sussex Police, said: "We were flying back from Beachy Head and at 1,000ft we didn't expect anything to join us. Not for a moment did we believe it to be anything sinister.

"We thought it was funny though so we chased it around for three minutes and were laughing and joking about little green men. None of us took it seriously."

The bizarre incident happened on the evening of August 11, 2000.

The crew passed the film footage to a TV company making a documentary about their work.

The story was picked up by a magazine and the film has been screened at a UFO conference.

And here is the mpeg of the chase! The thing was moving really fast and seems like it was perhaps changing shape. It could be the crappy quality of the video on media player, or that it changed brightness, but this one is freaky! I am not buying that they were chasing a weather balloon either.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And this is the press release that has the video on it.

www.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 9-6-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 09:02 PM
link   
"Now their video is being pored over by UFO enthusiasts around the world in the belief it could provide evidence of life on other planets. "

It could also provide evidence of its true origin. I wouldnt jump to the conclution that it must be from outer space, there are other possabilities

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That video looks more like the wormhole scene from the movie 2001 than it does a ufo sighting. I'd have to see it in better quality.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I remember this piece on our local news they interveiwed the policemen who said that they thought it was a chinese lantern or something like it .

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a very old thread. The links dont work anymore...
anyone know where i can find the same video on the net?
thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I was intrigued.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk... here it is!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mercury19
www.bbc.co.uk... here it is!

Thanks mercury!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i have seen the footage on a ufo documentry a few mounths ago, it didnt look that convincing

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i have seen the footage on a ufo documentry a few mounths ago, it didnt look that convincing

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The daylight footage is intresting. Although I dont beleive these things are 'manned' craft, I beleive theres a very good possibility that some, perhaps this one too, are infact intelligent remote probes, an et version our mars rover, just a dam sight better! Untill one is captured well never know!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well obvously that's a 'flock of birds' or a 'dense cloud' and not a UFO!!
(sorry, just had to see what it feels like to be a disinformer)

I'm convinced that these 'orbs' are remote controlled in some form and are 'scouts'. I doubt they could be captured, shot down or recovered in anyway.

There seems to be a lot of these being spotted, as if some group up in the skies is doing some serious recon work before making themselves known to us (which seriously feels like it's not far away).

There was a documentary on Discovery a few weeks ago that was going on about human life a million years from now. They came to the conclusion that we'd be living in various other planets in space and would still come back to Earth to see it's progress.

The way they depicted this was by having a 'mother ship' float out in space and sending 'remote controlled orbs which would have cameras in them' to send information back to the craft.

Seems like the same deal going on now with another species a million years ahead of us!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Was it an orb? It almost looked taller i think. Round at the bottom but long vertically... I dunno but I can't come up with any idea of what the hell it could be...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Well obvously that's a 'flock of birds' or a 'dense cloud' and not a UFO!!
(sorry, just had to see what it feels like to be a disinformer)

I'm convinced that these 'orbs' are remote controlled in some form and are 'scouts'.

And what kind of information, might I ask, would you call this?

[edit on 3-6-2005 by backtoreality]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What did I just see?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Did they get anything on radar?

[edit on 21/7/05 by GodAtum]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And here is the mpeg of the chase! The thing was moving really fast and seems like it was perhaps changing shape. It could be the crappy quality of the video on media player, or that it changed brightness, but this one is freaky! I am not buying that they were chasing a weather balloon either.

Anyone know where I can pick up a copy of the removed video sequence on this sighting?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello. How come when I download the video it always comes out to be a RAM file and my video player cannot play it? I'll get a error message that says "Failed to open file. Please check that it is a valid AVI or MPEG-4 file." I really wanted to see this vid to.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZengZicong
Hello. How come when I download the video it always comes out to be a RAM file and my video player cannot play it? I'll get a error message that says "Failed to open file. Please check that it is a valid AVI or MPEG-4 file." I really wanted to see this vid to.

Nothing special...unless you like to see a flying lightbulb.

Actually, it was somewhat interesting to see the shape of it and how it moved.

Try downloading the newest version of real player...worked for me.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by puppet]

new topics

top topics

join