It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JXX Next-Generation Stealthy Fighter Aircraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
According to the reports of the Jane's Defence Weekly, China has already launched its next generation stealthy fighter aircraft programme, and Shenyang Aircraft Industry Co. (SAC) has been selected to head research and development of a new fighter for the PLA Air Force.
sinodefence.com...

Can anyone give me any information on the J-XX? This is the only site I've found that tells me about it.

Pictures, information, anything else would be nice. ( I did a search on ATS, Yahoo and Goggle, but only found limited information.)

Also, will it be 4th or 5th Generation and could it rival the JSF or Raptor?
If so, why so.
If not, why not.

Thank you in advance,
Odium.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here's a few links that may not help - but could prove interesting...

www.you.com.au...

www.janes.com...

www.armysky.com...

www.armysky.com...

www.armysky.com...

img1.uploadimages.net...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thank you, Intergurl.

I’ve been spending the last few days trying to find any ‘hard evidence’, on what China’s expecting to get from the J-XX but unfortunately I can’t find much on it.

Is the picture what it’s suspected to look like? Because to me, it looks a lot like the JF-17.

Would it be safe to assume China will be building it so it can not be detected by the S-400 and the ARROW system as they’d have access to both of these to test it against?

Also, does anyone have any idea on how far China has got with its stealth technology.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why does china seem to be coming out with a new stealthy next generation fighter evry day.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Like whatelse? The J-XX has been planned since 2004, after that I've not seen them plan another 'Stealth Aeroplane'.

Navy on the other hand, they keep chopping and changing.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have noticed that US fighter aircraft have evolved in terms of their designation prefix also. For those who do not understant what I mean the designation prefix for fighter aircraft used to be 'P' for Pursuit as in the P'51or P-47. Thish changed shortly after the second world war to 'F' for Fighter which is self explanitory enough but why are sme of these new fighters using the designation 'J' as in 'J-xx'?

Is this a usage which is particular to Boeing aircraft?

What does the 'J' stand for?

Have I just got my wires crossed majorly?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The J-XX is Chinese, these peole have no logic - or something along those lines.

Maybe it means "Joint" as in Joint Russian and Chinese? The X could mean anything. 20 as in roman numerals? who knows.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I believe that 'J' stands for Jian, ie Jian-7 =J-7 the MiG 21 copy, which is chinese for 'fighter' (I may well be wrong on this I am trying to recall something I have read a long time ago).

Therefore J-XX merely refers to an un-numbered fighter for the future (similarly to boeing using 7N7, 7E7 etc in the development stage, the reason it is a double X rather than just 'J-X' is purely because they are in double figures (ie Post J-10). In the same way MDC's projected '757-a-like' follow up to the DC-10 which was intended to replace the DC-9 was called DC-XX in the full expectation that it would be developed into the DC-11, which of course it was not.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
"X" Usually means experimental or yet to be named.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
J is short for Jian and Jian is short form of Jian Ji Ji meaning fighting machine/plane. Some of these stuff aren't easy to translate.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
J is short for Jian and Jian is short form of Jian Ji Ji meaning fighting machine/plane. Some of these stuff aren't easy to translate.

I wonder if the "Ji Ji" mean "copy" (as in copy of some other country's airplane) since it is repeated

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I believe that 'J' stands for Jian, ie Jian-7 =J-7 the MiG 21 copy, which is chinese for 'fighter' (I may well be wrong on this I am trying to recall something I have read a long time ago).

Therefore J-XX merely refers to an un-numbered fighter for the future (similarly to boeing using 7N7, 7E7 etc in the development stage, the reason it is a double X rather than just 'J-X' is purely because they are in double figures (ie Post J-10). In the same way MDC's projected '757-a-like' follow up to the DC-10 which was intended to replace the DC-9 was called DC-XX in the full expectation that it would be developed into the DC-11, which of course it was not.

Wow I can't look out you understand Chinese!

you are correct. In Chinese, Called fighter(歼击机)which pronounce "jian ji ji", but this pronouncation is too old to has few person called it. Now we called fighter "zhan dou ji" in which "zhan dou" means fight, "ji"(机) means a machine. you can add "fei" before the "ji" pronounce "feiji" that means a machine which can fly in the sky as a aeroplane. So "zhan dou ji " means a machine which fly in the sky to do fighting performance. Ignore the "fei" among in it that making pronoucation is more convenient

Now I got message that say Chinese army will give up J-10 to order Rafale by the opportunity which Euro. release to lay an embargo on weapon. I certainly don't believe it. I also don't believe that a next generation fight in China which will looks like F-22, contrarily I do believe the army will chose a cooperation with Russia to develop a conjunct fighter. We see many pics which showed a Chinese next generation of fighter only is a model. they maybe existing, but much more possibility is army want to investigate the shape of F-22 that prove a kind of low detectable capability.

We should notice MiG 1.44

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Give up J-10? Are you crazy? Where in the devil did you get that message? Plus even though we could probably order Rafales we wouldn't. Rafales aren't cheap and aren't THAT good. J-10 satisfies Chinese's current needs. When the embargo lifts, we're not gonna purchase any hardware but more like technology transfers. The embargo's not doing that much anyways, Israel's still selling whatever we want if US doesn't find out, Yuans have the same diesel on U-212. What we need are certain electronics and technology e.g Radars, fuel cell tech.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

When the embargo lifts, we're not gonna purchase any hardware but more like technology transfers. The embargo's not doing that much anyways, Israel's still selling whatever we want if US doesn't find out, Yuans have the same diesel on U-212. What we need are certain electronics and technology e.g Radars, fuel cell tech.

China FM Lee made it very clear:"they (EU arms) are too expensive, and uesless to us."

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Where did you read that? (That they found them pointless/to expensive.)

Also, I think if they can get a hold of a few bits of needed technology cheapily they would do it. Just to save themselves having to spend research money and time on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
it was on some other forum right?

Its a mistranslation. Its not that "European weapons are too expensive and useless to us" but "We have no use for European weapons which are not useful in current situations."

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Give up J-10? Are you crazy? Where in the devil did you get that message? Plus even though we could probably order Rafales we wouldn't. Rafales aren't cheap and aren't THAT good. J-10 satisfies Chinese's current needs. When the embargo lifts, we're not gonna purchase any hardware but more like technology transfers. The embargo's not doing that much anyways, Israel's still selling whatever we want if US doesn't find out, Yuans have the same diesel on U-212. What we need are certain electronics and technology e.g Radars, fuel cell tech.

No No No Your understanding is wrong. I don't believe J-10 will be gave up.
I just hear about it from inland BBS. Although there is no evidence to proving but the same is there is no reason to explain why a periods of develop J-10 is so long?
I heared about J-10 equiped P&W F110 engine originally before now that equip AL-31. This change will be too large that bring a far-reaching influence. So it is gave up will be possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Where did you read that? (That they found them pointless/to expensive.)

straitstimes.asia1.com.sg...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Only the first 60 J-10s will have Al-31s, other batches are WS-10A integrated. Its better than AL-31 and has a thrust vectoring nozzle.

That news you were talking about for the American engines, that was YEARS ago, like 1990, when US and Europe put up an arms embargo and blocked the engine sales.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
Here's a few links that may not help - but could prove interesting...

www.you.com.au...

www.janes.com...

www.armysky.com...

www.armysky.com...

www.armysky.com...

img1.uploadimages.net...

Hi !! and sorry, but some of Your pictures are quite old and mixed a little bit !

The last three show a Rafale wind-tunnel model which realy has nothimg to do with the XXJ !

All we know so far from the XXJ-project is that is that:

mil.jschina.com.cn...

An F-22 style wind turrel model of XXJ was showned briefly in an AVIC I promotional video at the 2002 Zhuhai Airshow. First disclosed by US Office of Naval Intellegence (ONI) in 1997, XXJ is a 4th generation fighter to enter the service around 2015. Both CAC/611 Institute and SAC/601 Institute are working their own designs for a twin-engine multi-role fighter with enhanced stealth capability and maneuverability comparable to American F/A-22. It was speculated that 601 Institute has been working on designs based on conventional layout (J-13?) while 611 Institute has been working on designs based on canard/tailless delta wing (Type-D or J-12?) plus belly air intake layout since early 90s. There was a third "triplane" layout which features canard foreplanes in addition to the conventional layout. However this configuration is believed to have been eliminated. All designs are expected to feature an internal weapon bay to reduce RCS. So far it is still unclear whether the prototype will be able to fly in the next 5-7 years if everything goes smoothly. It has been rumored that J-12 would be powered by two 8,500kg/RD-33 class "medium thrust" turbofan engines with trust-vectoring nozzles to fullfill its high maneuverability requirement. A prototype of the trust-vectoring nozzle was displayed at 2002 Zhuhai Airshow by China Aeronautical Establishment/606 Institute in 2000. Consequently J-12 would have a 10t empty weight and a 15t normal TO weight, making it a medium weight fighter. On the other hand, J-13 might be powered by more powerful 12,500kg/AL-31F class "high thrust" turbofan engines which results in a normal TO weight exceeding 20t, making it a true heavy weight fighter. Whatever design XXJ will incoporate an advanced FBW system based upon the Active Control Technology developed by 601 Institute and tested on its J-8IIACT technology demonstrator. Its fire-control radar could feature an active phased array (Type 1475/KLJ5?). Russian assistance in this project has been anticipated too in terms of softwore support for calculating the RCS of various designs. The overall performance of XXJ is thought to be superior to EF-2000 and Rafale (stealth & agility) but still inferior to F/A-22 (electronics & supercruise).

Here are some other pictures on post 13 ! which seem to show quite exactly how the XXJ "could" look like !

forum.keypublishing.co.uk...

Deino

top topics

<<   2 >>

join