It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Nefertiti's Mummy Found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"Egyptologists think they may have identified the long-sought mummy of Queen Nefertiti, one of the ancient world's legendary beauties."

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
that they didn't mention she was mommy to Tut...

Akenaten (my favorite pharoah) turned Egypt on it's ear, and when Tut saw to continue his daddy's legacy, he was killed as well. Most of the treasure in Tut's tomb, was plundered originally from his parents' tombs, with carvings erased, and recarved, etc. Successors tried to remove all traces of their bloodline from the records...and succeeded for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I found this on grahamhancock.com:

Possible Nefertiti find met with skepticism
Egyptologists doubt mummy found in ancient burial ground is that of famed queen.

www2.ocregister.com...

[Edited on 12-6-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
read a great article on how they found her in the sundy times magazine , it was purely by accident they were doing routing xrays of the walls in an acient tomb and it was then that they found a small passage way . when they headed down it they came into a smaller chamber in which there were three mummies , one of which was a noble lady , due to the way her left arm was broken they were able to extrapolate this.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Gazrok: 'mommy' of Tut? Huh?

I think alot is still unresolved as to 'who' the mummy really is but it may well be Nefertiti....but "jury is still out".

weekly.ahram.org.eg...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
wow that is very interesting. i didn't know that hmmm

top topics

join