It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Abbott Signs Bill Which Allows Arrest Of Border Crossers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Congress can make law after law

And yet they haven't.

Congress' failure to pass any meaningful immigration reform has stretched to more than two decades. Over and over, attempts have collapsed — including bipartisan efforts and those with strong presidential backing. Instead, most changes on immigration have been achieved only through funding bills, small provisions in other legislation, regulations and executive authority.

With Congress sitting on the sidelines, presidents are forced to turn to existing laws and their executive powers to cobble together something that works, said Tom Jawetz, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress. They are also limited by how much money in existing budgets can be legally shifted because they'd need congressional action to boost spending or reassign dollars already designated for other purposes.

www.nbcnews.com...

Troops need to be on the border. That's the responsibility of the POTUS ...

It's up Congress to fund them and hold the feds responsible to allocating dollars to the designated areas.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeXoXeL
So because there's a "good chance" that a Mexican near the border is illegal, all Mexicans near the border are going to be asked for ID? What happens if they aren't near the border? If the assumption is illegals all hang out near the border after crossing it, then why does the whole state need new laws? Sounds like it's going to turn into a guilty until proven innocent, kinda a "driving while Mexican" as a reason to pull someone over thing.

Please just answer this one question. How many illegal immigrants, Mexican or otherwise, (in case you weren't aware), do you think just hang around "near" the border after they've just illegally crossed it?

It appears you're the only one making the assumption that illegal immigrants all hang out near the border after just crossing it. Most of the rest of us know better.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Station27

It was his fault to begin with, so he's responsible for fixing the problem.

Please explain.

It wasn't Congress that undid all of Trump's laws, was it?

What laws? President don't make laws. They write executive orders.

And congress doesn't need to "change" the laws.

Congress writes laws. If you're unhappy with the law, that's on Congress.

Are you intentionally being obtuse? Because it kinda sounds like you are.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Congress writes laws. If you're unhappy with the law, that's on Congress.

I'm well aware of the fact that congress writes the laws. I'm not unhappy with the laws, I'm unhappy because they're not being enforced. It's not the job for congress to enforce the laws. But it certainly is Biden's fault for not enforcing the laws. That's kind of in his job description to make sure that the proper agencies are doing their jobs.
edit on 19-12-2023 by Station27 because: Italicized one word.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

are you aware of the FACT that Biden reversed many of the working Trump policies as soon as he took over? Remain in Mexico sound like something you have heard before?

Tell it Congress!

Or do you want a dictator making executive orders all the time, so Congress can stand around and complain about executive orders while picking their noses? Or do you want Congress members who do their jobs?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

Ok, sure! You must be a Texan! I am curious though, how do YOU think these new laws will be enforced? Just how exactly is a state trooper going to determine whether someone is an "illegal" or not? Can you describe what an "illegal" looks like? What specific behaviors do "illegals" exhibit that would make them easy to target? Is there a field "legality" test they can administer?

I believe you're wrong on every count! That takes skill. I would say that the scenario you're proposing would be the least effective way of enforcing these new laws. It's my guess that with $40 million dollars to hire new state troopers, they'll probably more than likely be deployed right along the border - where the problem exists. Why put them anywhere else? Anywhere else would just allow some, (many, probably), to avoid being captured. If they stop them at the border, it will be quite easy to tell if they're legal citizens or not. Because I'm pretty sure that honest-to-goodness American citizens don't go wading across the Rio Grande all that often.

So, state troopers are part of the US border patrol Rio Grande division? I learned something new today! I was under the impression that the local yokal state cops where not there to protect our borders, that is someone else's job. The average state trooper is Texas makes 58k -120k depending on experience. At 40 million is additional funding, that will gross roughly 540 troopers for 1 year @75k per year, 2 years gets ya only 280 new troopers, so on and so forth. The border of Texas and Mexico is roughly 1250 miles long. So 280 extra troopers is going to stop border crossings in 2 years?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'm unhappy because they're not being enforced.

Examples please.

It's not the job for congress to enforce the laws.

It's Congress' job to fund law enforcement for various areas of government and hold the feds accountable to executing the funding needed to enforce their laws.

Trump was impeached for playing games and refusing to allocate Congress' budget dollars to Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"Congress' failure to pass any meaningful immigration reform has stretched to more than two decades.

You've just described the major problem I have with people of your bent. You and your ilk keep saying that we need to reform immigration laws. We don't need that. What we simply need is for the immigration laws that are already on the books to just be enforced. The reason why people like you keep saying they need to be reformed is because you don't like them as they are. You people actually want illegal immigration. Because it helps your side to stay in power.

I don't think it can be any clearer as to what's really going on with this issue.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What we simply need is for the immigration laws that are already on the books to just be enforced.

Please explain how they are not being enforced.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LeXoXeL

Do you like the sex human trafficking that is going on at the border? do you like the child sex trafficking that is going on and making the US now number one on human trafficking?

Do you know that the biden admiration does not give two rat asses about children and human sex trafficking?

Do you know that the drug Cartel went for making millions on drugs and sex to making billions under biden?

Is that what you want and what you like?

What kind of person are you, are you defending the sex, drugs and child traffickers because that is what is going on at the border.

Never mind, no need to answer that one.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So, state troopers are part of the US border patrol Rio Grande division? I learned something new today! I was under the impression that the local yokal state cops where not there to protect our borders, that is someone else's job. The average state trooper is Texas makes 58k -120k depending on experience. At 40 million is additional funding, that will gross roughly 540 troopers for 1 year @75k per year, 2 years gets ya only 280 new troopers, so on and so forth. The border of Texas and Mexico is roughly 1250 miles long. So 280 extra troopers is going to stop border crossings in 2 years?

It doesn't sound like you actually read the OP. The answers to your questions (if you're actually looking for answers and are not just here to derail the thread), can be found in the OP. If Governor Abbott says he will use State Troopers for this job, and you don't like it, take it up with him. I don't have any authority to do anything about it. You were aware of that and not just trolling, right? I know you're not just trolling - you really care about this issue of illegal immigrants flooding into America. Amirite?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Racism shouldn't hide in the shadows! What better way to make Texas white again than to make it illegal to be anything else.

That's absurd. This law helps protect Americans of all races. Illegals bring drugs and crime that harm Americans of all races. They flood hospitals and schools overwhelming them, burdening Americans of all races. And they are a drain upon the US taxpayers ... taxpayers of all races.

Huh, illegals only bring in drugs and crime? No culture, not a workforce that gets exploited by Americans on a daily basis, not music, not love? ONLY DRUGS AND CRIME.....Did you know that most employers who have illegal immigrants on their payroll (and aren't themselves operating illegally) still make them pay federal, state, local, FICA and unemployment taxes? You pretty much can't get a job anywhere without being in a payroll system of some sort that automatically removes those taxes. Crazy I know.....

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It seems Mexico does not like Abbot new law, they are cleaning their dumpsters of humanity, and they want the trash in the US, can we blame him? now US is more profitable than Mexico in drugs and sex trafficking.

Mexico to challenge Texas' new 'inhumane' migration law, president says

www.msn.com... ac34a0cb208f27f893f21c8&ei=47

Countries around the world and dumping their undesirables now at the US border.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Do you like the sex human trafficking that is going on at the border? do you like the child sex trafficking that is going on and making the US now number one on human trafficking?

Do you know that the biden admiration does not give two rat asses about children and human sex trafficking?

Do you know that the drug Cartel went for making millions on drugs and sex to making billions under biden?

Is that what you want and what you like?

What kind of person are you, are you defending the sex, drugs and child traffickers because that is what is going on at the border.

Never mind, no need to answer that one.

Sorry, I'm actually defending human beings who are not ALL DRUG TRAFFICKING AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING! Who feeds you guys this crap? You think this kind of stuff happening would all of a sudden disappear if we even COMPLETELY shut down every single border? So much hate being spewed here. Stop listening to dumbass politicians who fear monger for votes!

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm actually defending human beings who are not ALL DRUG TRAFFICKING AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING!

I notice what your not doing is defending the American human beings who are being forced to deal with this influx of illegal immigrants and are paying to support them out of the money they are being taxed upon.

You got something against Americans? Who feeds you that crap?
edit on 19-12-2023 by Station27 because: A line didn't sound right, so I added one extra word.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

It doesn't sound like you actually read the OP. The answers to your questions (if you're actually looking for answers and are not just here to derail the thread), can be found in the OP. If Governor Abbott says he will use State Troopers for this job, and you don't like it, take it up with him. I don't have any authority to do anything about it. You were aware of that and not just trolling, right? I know you're not just trolling - you really care about this issue of illegal immigrants flooding into America. Amirite?

So wait, you start a topic but want to police how someone responds? Freedums, only works when it supports a narrative, am I right?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Get your facts straight, illegal imminigration is importing poverty and a burden on the tax payers backs.

At an estimated total price tag of $116 billion annually, Jerome lists the welfare costs that result from those who illegally enter the United States:

Consider health care: More than seven in 10 illegal immigrants do not have health insurance. When they get sick, they frequently turn to emergency rooms, which legally cannot turn patients away. The cost of that care is ultimately passed on to government programs and everyone with a private insurance plan. Americans pay about $18 billion a year to provide free and subsidized health care for illegal immigrants.

The same goes for welfare and food assistance programs. Eighty-nine percent of households headed by illegal immigrant parents utilize at least one welfare program. These families draw nearly $6 billion in welfare benefits per year.

Children from illegal immigrant households also strain our public-school system. Nearly a quarter of students in U.S. public schools now speak a language other than English at home – that share has more than doubled since 1980. Taxpayers shell out roughly $1.6 billion a year to teach these kids English.

This is from 2019, now under bided this figures has triple.

nationalcenter.org...

The 2022 SIPP indicates that 54 percent of households headed by immigrants — naturalized citizens, legal residents, and illegal immigrants — used one or more major welfare program. This compares to 39 percent for U.S.-born households.
he rate is 59 percent for non-citizen households (e.g. green card holders and illegal immigrants).

Compared to households headed by the U.S.-born, immigrant-headed households have especially high use of food programs (36 percent vs. 25 percent for the U.S.-born), Medicaid (37 percent vs. 25 percent for the U.S.-born), and the Earned Income Tax Credit (16 percent vs. 12 percent for the U.S.-born).

Our best estimate is that 59 percent of households headed by illegal immigrants, also called the undocumented, use at least one major program. We have no evidence this is due to fraud. Among legal immigrants we estimate the rate is 52 percent.

Why illegals hurry up and starts having children in the US? because that ensures a steady income of welfare on behave of their born American children.

Most new legal immigrants are barred from most programs, as are illegal immigrants, but this has a modest impact primarily because: 1) Immigrants can receive benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children; 2) the bar does not apply to all programs, nor does it apply to non-citizen children in some cases; 3) most legal immigrants have lived here long enough to qualify for welfare; 4) some states provide welfare to otherwise ineligible immigrants on their own; 5) by naturalizing, immigrants gain full welfare eligibility.

This is billions if not Trillions that will be hitting the American tax payers in another year as the millions of illegals will start reproducing.

cis.org...

America illegal immigration is nothing but importing poverty at the backs of American born tax payers

And for what, to increase criminality, illiteracy, drugs trafficking and child trafficking, all thanks to democrats in the white house.

Are you rich, because if you are you have nothing to worry.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You are defending the destruction of America it seems you enjoy that.

You really have no clue on what goes on with illegal immigration do you?

I guess generation Z is really lacking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join