It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a rare dream about my late husband

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Since my husband of 30 years passed away November 2022, I have only had three dreams about him. This vexes me, as I miss him so much, and even after a year I am grieving so hard. The first dream I had the day after he passed. I saw a younger version of him, when we first met. He was 35, and he looked exactly like he did back then. He was standing there smiling, and told me he was okay. I went over to him, but he faded away.

The next dream happened several months later. I was in a huge shopping plaza, like the biggest one I had ever been in. I was walking past a diner filled with people, and saw him sitting in a booth. I walked in to see if it really was him. He was sitting in the booth smiling at me. For some reason, I remember the cardinal red polo shirt he was wearing. He looked radiant, and again, he said he was fine.

The most recent dream was a couple of days ago. We were in an airport together, about to get on a plane. I didn't really want to get on the plane, as I have an intense fear of flying. But he said it would be fine, and a great journey. When we got our boarding passes, I realized we were sitting many rows apart. I didn't like that and tried to change our seats so we could sit together. But they said the flight was full and that would be impossible. My husband smiled and told me it was okay, we may not be sitting together, but were on the same plane. That gave me comfort.

I feel my husband is reassuring me in these dreams that he is okay and is watching over me. I'd like to have more dreams with him, because at least I get to be with him, albeit for a short time.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Your husband is telling you that he is fine, his journey is over but yours is next, usually when we see love ones they present themselves in their younger vital years. This truth for many that have experience with love ones that have passed away.

Is ok to mourn him, but is also ok to let go until the time you will see him again you and him are now in different planes of existence.

I have seen spirits since I was a child, as I grew older they have faded no as vivid as they were when I was younger.

My mother passed away two years ago and the night she pass she came to me lie next to me and hold me, she was young like her pictures when she was in her 30s, smiling and happy, I asked if she was ok and I told her how sorry I was for no been next to her in her final days, she answered me telling me that she was very happy, that I should no worry about anything and that things were ok.

She came to me two more times after that hug me again, I felt her warm, now I just dream randomly with her.

Sometimes I hear her voice.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your mother came to you a few times in dreams.

Thank you for your kind words. I love your insight. It brings me comfort.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I do not like talking about personal experiences as it many that never experience what you and I have with loves ones, but once in a while I read a post like yours and have the urgency of telling what I feel and have experience.

Your days are always blessed when loves ones watch over us, we are never alone.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That is a really nice account. I think you are very special to your husband, and I will tell you why.

I know a little about what happens in the short time after we pass on.

The order in which our memories return after death is the key here.

When my mother passed on, I saw her the day after.

She was sitting up in an afterlife bed. A few important (deceased) people were standing beside the bed. Her father, and brother in law were there. They doted on her in life.

My mother looked all of sixteen years of age.

I stood a short distance from the bottom of the bed and watched this. My mother had a look on her face that said to me "who are you?"

This is important. After death our memories return over about two weeks (our time). The order of return depends on how emotionally important they are to us.

My mother, at the age of sixteen became a soloist in a ballet company. That was her dream in life, the desire that bought her to be born. She wanted to be a star in the ballet.

My mother achieved that desire at sixteen, and I was not born until a few years later. That is why she did not remember me at that time.

When my aunt passed on I saw her in the same manner.

I saw both her and her husband looking the age of their wedding photo.

That was their desire to come to this world. To find each other, fall in love, and marry.

So when you saw your husband at the age you first met, guess who is the most important person in the world to him.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Thank you so much for sharing your stories! It totally makes sense to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

That is a very beautiful account of your own personal experiences, you call yourself nobody special, but yes you are very special.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing those dreams. The following part is really great . . .

When we got our boarding passes, I realized we were sitting many rows apart. I didn't like that and tried to change our seats so we could sit together. But they said the flight was full and that would be impossible. My husband smiled and told me it was okay, we may not be sitting together, but were on the same plane.

That part I made bold, that is profound, very nice.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

That is what I wished for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The few times I have seen my wife after she passed, she was in her 30's... the time she always said was the prime of her life.

When my mother passed away and my father described a vivid dream he had of her, she was in her 30's... what my father considered was the prime of her life.

The time I saw my brother after he was dead, he was in his 20's... his was a bad life but that would have been the prime of his life.

I'm not sure if that means that they portray themselves as what they thought was the best place in their lives or if our minds filter what we are seeing them as now to make sense of it all.

The line "We may not be sitting together, but we are on the same plane" is actually a very good analogy of prelife-life-afterlife.

As another poster pointed out, profound if you think about the implications.

I am so glad that you feel some reassurance about it.

Insert heart emoji here...

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As I sit here reading this thread, and at the same time monitoring my wife and best friend of 45 years on a baby cam I set up to watch over her when I am in the den, I am not sure about what to think about having such vivid dreams about her. She is dying of metastatic stage 4 ovarian cancer. I wish I could be optimistic, but the odds are against her, and, well, I can see with my own two eyes that things aren't going well for her.

I will already be surrounded by the memories of the life we built together here in everything around me. We designed this house, filled it with things we found and made together over the years. Walking outside nearly every plant on our acreage besides the normal native stuff we planted together ourselves. Every beat of my heart was echoed by her own heart.

I will already be haunted by her memory. She believes it will make me smile to have all those memories surrounding me. Personally, I think each and every one will be a razor blade ripping my heart to shreds every single remaining second, minute, hour and day of my life.

And have my dreams of her too, only to awake to the reality of the aching emptiness my life will become without her?

Not sure I will be able to handle that.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this thread. But this is a pain like none I have ever imagined.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

When I saw my dad he was in his mid 30’s, when I saw my mom, I’d say 50’s.

My brother dreamed of my dad too and he was the same age.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I feel my husband is reassuring me in these dreams that he is okay and is watching over me. I'd like to have more dreams with him, because at least I get to be with him, albeit for a short time.

When dad passed in 2020 mom told me that she saw him sitting on the sofa in her home dressed in a suit and it was a younger him. She said he was smiling and she interpreted it that he was fine so as to reassure her that he was indeed fine.

IMO we live on after life here on earth based on my experiences. Look at it as a positive as others have similiar situations as written here.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Often said : "Dream of the dead, hear from the living". Watch your mail, phones .

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

WG: I wrote a book about these things...short, called "Spirits I've known. And a few I didn't...it's out in the world somewhere.

I had so many life instances of all these kinda things, I had to write bout them...around 2009-10.

We all don't live n die, we change to something "else". You might find the above, or if you' d p.m. me w a generic off-site email, I'll send it to you.

✌️
edit on 11230130America/ChicagoFri, 03 Nov 2023 08:48:01 -050048202300000001 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Crikey, sorry for your loss. That must cut deep after that long together.

Cant help you decipher the dreams, but I just hope things omprtove for you.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

And there dear is something often said to add: My mother left me a note to find. It said " Don't think of me as gone....only away for awhile. For we will met again!"

You and yours will too! God bless..MS

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I PM you with email address.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Your husband loved you hugely, and still does.

Making the effort to come and see you and make you happy, is a fine thing.

It seems like it’s not an easy thing to do, for a soul. We don’t see it a lot. He’s making a good effort.
I really want to do this when I’m on the other side, for my family.

Sometimes I think that living in different planes or worlds from our loved ones, is a normal thing. We just don’t get it until we move on to the next one ourselves.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That’s really nice.

I’ve often thought of filling up a box with birthday and Christmas cards for the next 30-40 years. Just in case I happen to not be here lol.
Haven’t gotten around to it, but it seems like a neat thing that the folks will get some peace from.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join