It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage not as good as "Predator" the movie most men say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
"Is it true?"

Let's be clear Im not saying I agree completely LOL but I get the sentiment.

I'll do my best to be diplomatic, marriage is all about finding a partner flexible enough not only for personal changes but for life and societal changes. It's not easy LOL atleast not for me in the long term, it's like that 10-15 year span I get really introspective and if I don't feel like this is where I want to be long term the relationship starts to really whither and die on the vine.

I know Im not the same as I was in 2010 and don't have the same viewpoints and goals. Some changes of my own volition some not but still, it's shocking to look back and see my trajectory and goals then it's completely different now. All things considered though Im happy now single and ready to mingle, than being in a committed LTR, for now. It's weird what I want out of a relationship has been transformed too, it's difficult to even define much less describe.

However, during all this time of changes and ups and downs, I still watch and enjoy "Predator". Go figure

edit on 21-5-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Lol! I have been divorced almost 15 years now. And being single and the movie Predator is wayyyyy more awesome than being married !!! Fo sho!!! a reply to: putnam6

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Predator is a mediocre , mindless movie about testosterone, gore and explosions, featuring a skull collecting illegal alien and a traitorous resident alien.
And yes It’s better than marriage

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Maybe deep down a lot of men have homosexual tendencies and want to see a ripped Arnold and feel guilty about it, hence all the alien scenes…

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Arnold is a manly man, not some sissy girly man. He will "pump you up" though.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
When I found myself single again...after losing my perfect marriage partner to cancer...dating felt like a science fiction movie.
Let me get this out there...right off the bat...WOMEN were the predators in dating.
They cloak their true appearance and personality and set elaborate traps in order to take their trophy and mount it.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Complete rubbish.

Die Hard, on the other hand...

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

We got different definitions of manly. The Arnold I know would give up his freedom out of fear of the flu.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Listen2GuthrieGovan

I was merely using the SNL "Hans and Frans" characters' famous quote to imply Arnold would do guys too. As the "ultimate in pumptitude" Arnold will "pump up" guys like Hans and Frans who would welcome the chance. Get it now?

ETA: To expand just a little I'm also implying that the body building crowd is mostly repressed homosexuals and their gyms are like Greek bath houses. I dislike having to spell it out when I think a came up with a good quip.
edit on 21-5-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is from a satire site, you know that, right?

Marriage not as good as 'Predator', say men

Nathan Muir, from York, said: “The scene where Arnie looks up from the body of a pal who’s just had several major organs vaporized by a seven foot skull-collecting merchant of death and says – ‘if it bleeds, we can kill it’, sums up what it is to be a man.

“Don’t get me wrong – I like my wife. But I love Predator.”

Tom Logan, from Finsbury Park, went so far as to have a Predator-themed wedding to wife Jane in July 2001.

He said: “When Jane’s father walked her down the aisle we had the Vicar dress up as Predator, leap out from behind the altar and pretend to slit her throat.

“Fake blood sprayed everywhere and her dad fell to the floor screaming. He didn’t have a clue what was going on. Meanwhile my Nan had some sort of vomiting fit, crossed herself and then collapsed in a heap.”

He added: “We still go and see her about once a month but she’s not really aware of other people anymore.”

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As the foremost internet expert on women and dating (I once knew twins in the biblical sense, Myra and Elenore Neusbaum, twins who went to my church) I can safely say that;
Women have boobs.
They smell pretty.
It's a trap.

/thread

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

and mount it.

Are you complaining or what?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It all makes sense now.

On my honeymoon, I often screamed, "Get to the choppah!"

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Let me get this out there...right off the bat...WOMEN were the predators in dating.
They cloak their true appearance and personality and set elaborate traps in order to take their trophy and mount it.

And wow does all # break loose when you call-out one who's doing that. (Did the call-out once and lost multiple friends over it.)

Anyway, for the OP at least Predator is a couple hours of escapism.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Even though this is from a satire site, like every good joke there is some truth in it's telling.
The marriage rate is as low as it's ever been for a reason.

For men it's all risk for a slim chance of reward.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: IAMTAT

and mount it.

Are you complaining or what?

As a trophy...there are plenty of times I wish I could've gone back, gotten unstuffed and been unmounted.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

This is from a satire site, you know that, right?

Marriage not as good as 'Predator', say men

Nathan Muir, from York, said: “The scene where Arnie looks up from the body of a pal who’s just had several major organs vaporized by a seven foot skull-collecting merchant of death and says – ‘if it bleeds, we can kill it’, sums up what it is to be a man.

“Don’t get me wrong – I like my wife. But I love Predator.”

Tom Logan, from Finsbury Park, went so far as to have a Predator-themed wedding to wife Jane in July 2001.

He said: “When Jane’s father walked her down the aisle we had the Vicar dress up as Predator, leap out from behind the altar and pretend to slit her throat.

“Fake blood sprayed everywhere and her dad fell to the floor screaming. He didn’t have a clue what was going on. Meanwhile my Nan had some sort of vomiting fit, crossed herself and then collapsed in a heap.”

He added: “We still go and see her about once a month but she’s not really aware of other people anymore.”

Well, yes obviously, but I do suppose nowadays you have to ask. I'd like to think most people aren't stupid enough to think 80% of men believe Predator is more intelligent and intellectually stimulating than being married, but again nowadays.

I was using it more to highlight that LTR might be on the wane as is marriage because we don't really enjoy each other's company. On top of my individual relationship wants and needs have shifted dramatically. Where Im sure my first wife and I had no chance regardless, we got married too young and we were lucky it lasted 13 years. That said I also had an LTR for almost 12 years and she and it was mostly fantastic, really did think we were gonna be together forever, but it basically soured in the last 2 to 3 years.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As the foremost internet expert on women and dating (I once knew twins in the biblical sense, Myra and Elenore Neusbaum, twins who went to my church) I can safely say that;
Women have boobs.
They smell pretty.
It's a trap.

/thread

Perhaps that's where my consternation comes in, I do miss them, mine are a poor substitute and it's the weekend so I am likely to smell a bit ripe as well.

Im missing all the niceties of life, it is truly the little things...

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is why you marry your best friend.

That's from a woman's perspective anyhow.

I will point out that I find it funny how y'all are talking about killing things that bleed (women do, every month) and mounting things /snort. There is quite a bit of unintentional hilarity going on here. Cheap, fun escapism ...

Two bit psychoanalysis says the Predator is your marriage or wife.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Even though this is from a satire site, like every good joke there is some truth in it's telling.
The marriage rate is as low as it's ever been for a reason.

I thought the main reason the marriage rate was falling is certain aspects of society trying to destroy the fabric of society by demonizing the family unit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join