It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO cloaking or secret u.s. military capability?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
UFO cloaking or secret u.s. military capability? Has anyone seen an unusual black flying object suddenly appear int the sky out of no where, without making any sounds, and then just vanish again? Could this be ufo activity or u.s. secret exercise with the ability to bend light or possibly jump time or dimensions? I am curious to know

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have not seen it, but a co-worker was telling me that about a year ago, here in NW Ohio, he was walking out to his car one evening, could have sworn he saw an airplane overhead, but didn't hear it, looked again and nothing... hmmm

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Advanced military technology. As Dragon Rider said, military technology is probably some 50 years ahead of what civilians are allowed to be aware of. Don't buy into that UFO Bu#. That's what they want. That's what they're counting on. It's a conspiracy within a conspiracy for use in the future.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm all for the idea that our government has made anti-gravity vehicles, but when people begin to suggest that we have made ships that blink in and out of reality, change shape, or other oddities, I just cannot fathom such technological achievements being kept in secrecy.

IMO, if you see a UFO that is something other than a large hovering metallic object, its extraterrestrial in origin. Little balls of metal or light, shape changing objects, things that pop in and out of visiblity, or large objects without portholes or cockpits. There is nothing there to suggest man built these devices when we are still overtly using very large heavier than air fixed wing aircraft with large portholes and cockpits. The technological leap is quite gigantic. Even that is an understatement.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I'm all for the idea that our government has made anti-gravity vehicles, but when people begin to suggest that we have made ships that blink in and out of reality, change shape, or other oddities, I just cannot fathom such technological achievements being kept in secrecy.

IMO, if you see a UFO that is something other than a large hovering metallic object, its extraterrestrial in origin. Little balls of metal or light, shape changing objects, things that pop in and out of visiblity, or large objects without portholes or cockpits. There is nothing there to suggest man built these devices when we are still overtly using very large heavier than air fixed wing aircraft with large portholes and cockpits. The technological leap is quite gigantic. Even that is an understatement.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by heelstone]

Think me crazy if you will, but I also believe in demonic/angelic activity and I believe they can appear to us if they wish. But I absolutely do NOT buy into the little green men theory.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
UFO cloaking or secret u.s. military capability? Has anyone seen an unusual black flying object suddenly appear int the sky out of no where, without making any sounds, and then just vanish again? Could this be ufo activity or u.s. secret exercise with the ability to bend light or possibly jump time or dimensions? I am curious to know

You need to provide a little more background.

Where were you when you saw this?

Any links?

Any pics?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

IMO, if you see something other than a large hovering metallic object, its extraterrestrial in origin.

Hope you guys don't mind if I jump into the conversation...
Regarding anti-gravity vehicles - i too believe there are such things in the skies...

As for craft that "blink in and out of reality", I think you're looking at this the wrong way - rather than blinking in and out of reality, think more in the line of "visual stealth".
This is a very real technological concept being hotly pursued by DARPA. Same goes for craft that change shapes, (shape shifting and morphing technologies).

If you consider that the information released for public consumption is generally outdated by as much as a decade or more on certain technologies and then read the information that is being released it is quite feasible that someone could see an aircraft either disappear or change shapes right before their eyes.

But don't take my word for it... I offer a few reliable links for your reading & viewing pleasure:

Visual Stealth:

Popular Mechanics reprint:
jmrc.tripod.com...

Reprint from Jane's Defense Weekly:
www.geocities.com...

Cranfield College of Aeronautics
(respected institution - look for the references to visual stealth)
www.cranfield.ac.uk...

Nasa discussion on Visual Stealth's early history:
www-psao.grc.nasa.gov...

Reprint of Bill Sweetman's "Jane's Defense Weekly" article on Very Low Observables (VLO)
pollux.com...

Shape shifting or Morphing aircraft technologies:

Check out DARPA's web site:
www.darpa.mil...

Popular Science did a good informative article on the subject:
www.popsci.com...

Aviation Week did a very nice article as well:
www.aviationnow.com...

And finally an article posted about Raytheon (my employer):
www.prnewswire.com.../www/story/04-23-2003/0001931761&EDATE=Apr+23,+2003

Again I urge you to remember as you read these articles that this information is in the public domain and that as a rule development is 10 or more years ahead of what is released to the public, therefore it is very conceivable that test platforms for visual stealth and morphing aircraft are indeed flying in our skies even as I type this.

intelgurl

Artists conception of Morphing Aircraft:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

IMO, if you see something other than a large hovering metallic object, its extraterrestrial in origin.

Hope you guys don't mind if I jump into the conversation...
Regarding anti-gravity vehicles - i too believe there are such things in the skies...

As for craft that "blink in and out of reality", I think you're looking at this the wrong way - rather than blinking in and out of reality, think more in the line of "visual stealth".
This is a very real technological concept being hotly pursued by DARPA. Same goes for craft that change shapes, (shape shifting and morphing technologies).

If you consider that the information released for public consumption is generally outdated by as much as a decade or more on certain technologies and then read the information that is being released it is quite feasible that someone could see an aircraft either disappear or change shapes right before their eyes.

But don't take my word for it... I offer a few reliable links for your reading & viewing pleasure:

Visual Stealth:

Popular Mechanics reprint:
jmrc.tripod.com...

Reprint from Jane's Defense Weekly:
www.geocities.com...

Cranfield College of Aeronautics
(respected institution - look for the references to visual stealth)
www.cranfield.ac.uk...

Nasa discussion on Visual Stealth's early history:
www-psao.grc.nasa.gov...

Reprint of Bill Sweetman's "Jane's Defense Weekly" article on Very Low Observables (VLO)
pollux.com...

Shape shifting or Morphing aircraft technologies:

Check out DARPA's web site:
www.darpa.mil...

Popular Science did a good informative article on the subject:
www.popsci.com...

Aviation Week did a very nice article as well:
www.aviationnow.com...

And finally an article posted about Raytheon (my employer):
www.prnewswire.com.../www/story/04-23-2003/0001931761&EDATE=Apr+23,+2003

Again I urge you to remember as you read these articles that this information is in the public domain and that as a rule development is 10 or more years ahead of what is released to the public, therefore it is very conceivable that test platforms for visual stealth and morphing aircraft are indeed flying in our skies even as I type this.

intelgurl

Artists conception of Morphing Aircraft:

That's a great list of research. Good work! Couldn't advanced jet propulsion (simply) explain the aircraft "disappearing" before one's eyes? I mean, I've seen F-16's punch off when the afterburner's kicked in. And might I say, it's an awesome sight.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Couldn't advanced jet propulsion (simply) explain the aircraft "disappearing" before one's eyes? I mean, I've seen F-16's punch off when the afterburner's kicked in. And might I say, it's an awesome sight.

If you have full horizon to horizon view of the sky, and you see something cruising along at 3 or 400 knots at 5,000ft or better, and it silently yet suddenly disapears from in front of your eyes, it's not going to be jet propulsion doing it.

Such a launch would be loud even with aural negation techniques employed, plus the G force would like splatter any living creature inside the vehicle.

It could possibly be some form of propellantless propulsion but my money would be on visual stealth.

Simplistically put, picture a craft with the equivalent of a bright plasma screen tv for a skin, sensors or cameras picking up colors on one side and projecting them to the other.

This technology is already breaking into the public sector in Japan in the form of a "see through" coat with hood. Public sector research is also under way to include microwave absorbant material in the coat.
Here's 2 links:

www.able2know.com...

www.routemagazine.co.uk...

Once again, IF the technology is viable for military applications, (and it is) and it is known that the defense industry is working on it (and it is) then chances are the defense industry is 10 or more years ahead of what you see in the public sector.

Therefore it is quite believable that you could see a technology demonstrator fly over and disapear right in front of your eyes.

intelgurl

Japanese visual stealth jacket:

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Couldn't advanced jet propulsion (simply) explain the aircraft "disappearing" before one's eyes? I mean, I've seen F-16's punch off when the afterburner's kicked in. And might I say, it's an awesome sight.

If you have full horizon to horizon view of the sky, and you see something cruising along at 3 or 400 knots at 5,000ft or better, and it silently yet suddenly disapears from in front of your eyes, it's not going to be jet propulsion doing it.

Such a launch would be loud even with aural negation techniques employed, plus the G force would like splatter any living creature inside the vehicle.

It could possibly be some form of propellantless propulsion but my money would be on visual stealth.

Simplistically put, picture a craft with the equivalent of a bright plasma screen tv for a skin, sensors or cameras picking up colors on one side and projecting them to the other.

This technology is already breaking into the public sector in Japan in the form of a "see through" coat with hood. Public sector research is also under way to include microwave absorbant material in the coat.
Here's 2 links:

www.able2know.com...

www.routemagazine.co.uk...

Once again, IF the technology is viable for military applications, (and it is) and it is known that the defense industry is working on it (and it is) then chances are the defense industry is 10 or more years ahead of what you see in the public sector.

Therefore it is quite believable that you could see a technology demonstrator fly over and disapear right in front of your eyes.

intelgurl

Japanese visual stealth jacket:

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by intelgurl]

Fascinating.. Intelgurl, may I ask what you do for a living? You seem to have a lot of technical knowledge.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Advanced military technology. As Dragon Rider said, military technology is probably some 50 years ahead of what civilians are allowed to be aware of. Don't buy into that UFO Bu#. That's what they want. That's what they're counting on. It's a conspiracy within a conspiracy for use in the future.

I'm thinking the exact opposite. I think that they want us to believe that these craft are secret military programs to cover up a much greater secret.

Besides, the Alien theory wins out when one uses Occam's Razor. Extraterrstrial visitation is a far simpler and more logical explanation than human technology being hidden from the public for over half a century for no real reason. And if one wants to go into the whole secretUS bases on the moon and other planets.....well, that's just kind of crazy.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
With things like this, it's hard telling what they're covering up with another coverup, like Flinx says. BTW, where can I get one of those fancy jackets?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

I'm thinking the exact opposite. I think that they want us to believe that these craft are secret military programs to cover up a much greater secret.

Besides, the Alien theory wins out when one uses Occam's Razor. Extraterrstrial visitation is a far simpler and more logical explanation than human technology being hidden from the public for over half a century for no real reason. And if one wants to go into the whole secretUS bases on the moon and other planets.....well, that's just kind of crazy.

SAY WHAT?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

SAY WHAT?

WHAT

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

SAY WHAT?

WHAT

hahaha. Yer funny.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Fascinating.. Intelgurl, may I ask what you do for a living? You seem to have a lot of technical knowledge.

I work for Raytheon Corp.

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I work for Raytheon Corp.

intelgurl

ah ha! That would explain it. Very good. Can u say what you do specifically? Or would you havta kill me?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   

ah ha! That would explain it. Very good. Can u say what you do specifically? Or would you havta kill me?

it's no secret, I'm just not comfortable giving out more personal info than that for all the world to see... It's a crazy world ya know.

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Excellent topic.If i had to bet the farm id go with the military building these things.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Intelgurl...If i ever hit the lottery can ya get me a discount on a Hawker Horizon?,just teasin'...lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join