It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu is a Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
hi folks i am back to tell you i have been proved right again by the medical journal The Lancet.

The Lancet confirms bird flu is a scum as proved below designed to instill fear and panic by big pharma in conjunction with terrorism fears and erode civil liberties.

i quote;-

Finally Medical Journal Admits the Truth About Bird Flu

" The British Medical Journal recently featured an editorial on the bird flu in which they state the following:

The lack of sustained human-to-human transmission suggests that this AH5N1 avian virus does not currently have the capacity to cause a human pandemic".

-----------------------
thats right folks you have been hoodwinked again by a a big pharma spoonfed media.

again.

more proof;- Donald Rumsfeld WILL PROFIT BY OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
as he will gain personally from the rubbish tamiflu vaccine in which he HAS A VESTED INTEREST..see below.

"Meanwhile, the Bush administration's proposed $7.1-billion pandemic flu plan seeks broad restrictions on lawsuits against producers of vaccines and antiviral drugs, and makes no mention of how those injured or killed by adverse reactions could be compensated."

--------------------

thats right folks if you get injured or killed by this mercury laced vaccine no compensation for you YOU ,YOU POOR YOU.

you are on your own!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU ARE IN BED TONIGHT.

-------------------

thats right folks corruption is afoot look at the below story from CNN.

I QUOTE A SMALL PASSAGE;-

Rumsfeld's growing stake in Tamiflu
Defense Secretary, ex-chairman of flu treatment rights holder, sees portfolio value growing.
October 31, 2005: 10:55 AM EST
By Nelson D. Schwartz, Fortune senior writer

NEW YORK (Fortune) - The prospect of a bird flu outbreak may be panicking people around the globe, but it's proving to be very good news for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other politically connected investors in Gilead Sciences, the California biotech company that owns the rights to Tamiflu, the influenza remedy that's now the most-sought after drug in the world.......

Rumsfeld served as Gilead (Research)'s chairman from 1997 until he joined the Bush administration in 2001, and he still holds a Gilead stake valued at between $5 million and $25 million, according to federal financial disclosures filed by Rumsfeld........

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE STORY:money.cnn.com...

-------------------------------
This means that vested interests in the Bush administration profits from decisions by the Bush administration.

-------------------------------

This vital news revealed to you by Ese Callum who uses his sword of sword to reveal the sordid truth to you you and a k ,. chh nm./

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok, but you've only posted 1 link, which is very interesting.
Can you provide any link of the The British Medical Journal's statement?
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I thought I would help out. Here's what the BJM says.

BMJ, doi:10.1136/bmj.38649.389005.DE (published 24 October 2005)

The lack of sustained human-to-human transmission suggests that this AH5N1 avian virus does not currently have the capacity to cause a human pandemic. But, given the known potential for antigenic shift—either from a gradual process of adaptive genetic mutation within the virus or by a snap gene reassortment with a human influenza A virus6—the virus could acquire the mechanism for rapid human transmission and cause explosive global spread, facilitated by current air travel. Pigs and humans seem to be the “mixing vessels” for genetic exchange when coinfected by both animal and human flu viruses. Close domestic proximity of fowl, pigs, and people facilitates this, a situation common in Asia.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
While your post does bring up some good points about Rumsfeld's profiting from a pandemic, I didn't read anything to show that bird flu is a hoax.

Originally posted by esecallum

The lack of sustained human-to-human transmission suggests that this AH5N1 avian virus does not currently have the capacity to cause a human pandemic".

Could you please provide a link to the source where you obtained that information? I may be wrong as I am no expert, but that statement regardless of the source does nothing to show that H5N1 is a hoax. It even says right in the quote that it "does not currently have the capacity..." While this may be true at the moment, the virus could mutate and take a form that is quite easily spread from person to person.

Although I do have a problem with Rumsfeld gaining money from mass panic, I dont think that can be looked at as evidence to call bird flu a hoax. Maybe the real hoax lies with Tamiflu. The makers of Tamiflu claim that it's effective against bird flu, while in reality it might not be. I don't think there's any denying the possibility of a pandemic resulting from an H5N1 mutation, but there is definately "something up" with the government's handling of it.

UO

PS:
Next time, please do not label the thread in all caps, it gets annoying and it's against the rules

And also, might I suggest the use of the [ ex ] and [ /ex ] tags, it makes things much easier to read.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I can not belive you have said that H5N1 is a hoax. Tell that to everyone who has died of it in Turkey and other countries. Some people will try to find a lie in everything.

TPL

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Makeitso's post sinks the OP's accusations because it uses the exact same source, he just neglected to post what followed his quote.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Without reading his source I am also inclined to consider the Bird Flu to be a hoax. However its not just like a "bad joke" kind of hoax but a deliberate and organized effort at keeping the worlds population in a state of fear and uncertianty.

Just follow it through ... Animal TB, Mad cow disease, etc, etc, all these pandemics that were going to destroy civilization as we know it, and none happened.

Wake me up for the next one, it wil be due in about a year or so, once this one has gone off the boil.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Netchicken denies Bird Flu in Turkey.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Without reading his source I am also inclined to consider the Bird Flu to be a hoax. However its not just like a "bad joke" kind of hoax but a deliberate and organized effort at keeping the worlds population in a state of fear and uncertianty.

Just follow it through ... Animal TB, Mad cow disease, etc, etc, all these pandemics that were going to destroy civilization as we know it, and none happened.

Wake me up for the next one, it wil be due in about a year or so, once this one has gone off the boil.

After you have caught Mad Cow it takes upto 10 years for you to show any symptims, we have had cases in the UK of people who have died from Mad Cow.

I do not belive this to be a hoax as it is progressing in a way that would suggest otherwise, it seems to be picking up speed as well. I do not think it will be as bad as people make it out to be but i think it will desermate poorer countries who can not cope with a situation as this.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Latest news on the latest events in Turkey...
Latest News

But crucially, the H5N1 strain is not very contagious.

A senior World Health Organisation expert on communicable diseases, Klaus Stoehr, said the latest outbreak did not mean that the risk to humans worldwide had increased.

Yawn....

I am not saying its not REAL, sure like Mad Cow disease it may kill a few, but to hype it up as this "pandemic" is absurd. Do you remember the miles of hype around Mad Cow disease, the preditions of 10's of thousands dying?

This is just scare mongering nothing less ...

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm with NetChook on this one. i do believe Bird Flu to be a perpetrated control and fear mechanism which I call the ultimate terror threat.

I have no doubt that people have contracted the disease. I have no doubt some have died of the disease but I also have doubts on the authenticity of the bird flu and it's origins.

Has Bird Flu been deliberately placed in Asia to purposfully begin a pandemic and mass population control?..... What....... wasn't AIDS working fast enough for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'll also throw my hat into the ring on the "it exists, but it won't kill everyone" line of thought here. I don't even think that there's any underlying fear-monger trying to scare everyone for some grand, devious scheme either. I'm more inclined to think it's just something CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and their fellow friendly media centers can use to get people to tune in for the latest updates.

A hoax? Definitely not. I'd believe the moon landings were hoaxed before something that's this global was hoaxed. Blown out of proportion? Most definitely.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Re-reading this thread again, I found some things that caught my eye. Here's the first one:

Originally posted by esecallum

more proof;- Donald Rumsfeld WILL PROFIT BY OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
as he will gain personally from the rubbish tamiflu vaccine in which he HAS A VESTED INTEREST..

I just wanted to clarify that Tamiflu is NOT a vaccine. A vaccine is basically a weakened version of a virus that is injected into your blood so that your immune system creates antibodies to fight the real virus should you ever be exposed to it. This does not describe Tamiflu. Tamiflu, however, IS a drug produced to treat human influenza. It is not meant for avian influenza, and will therefore probably yield little or no effect on a person infected with avian flu.

thats right folks if you get injured or killed by this mercury laced vaccine no compensation for you YOU ,YOU POOR YOU.

you are on your own!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU ARE IN BED TONIGHT.

Once again, Tamiflu is not a vaccine. I've heard too many people call it that and it's starting to annoy so I apologize for being redundant.

I would, however, like to request a source that claims Tamiflu is laced with mercury though. I've never seen anything about mercury and Tamiflu before, so I would like to read something about it somewhere.

In response to those who claim that this issue is being blown out of proportion, in a way, I agree. While I do believe that it is a credible threat, there are far too many reports that try to instill panic within you rather than giving any actual information regarding its progression. It is, however, being blown out of proportion for a reason, profit. Profit for whom you ask? Well, it would appear to be Roche and the big news companies. News agencies stand to profit because people will keep checking back with them for updates, they have updates that give little information, but they fill the rest with guesses about how many deaths there will be. Thus instilling more panic causing people to tune in again. Pharmaceutical producers stand to profit because the mass panic caused by the news gives them the perfect chance to flaunt their product and how it treats avian flu so well. People blindly believe them and now everyone wants a stockpile of Tamiflu.

That's basically how I see the whole situation. I'm not going to jump on either bandwagon when it comes to the number of people it will kill, as it really does depend on whether the virus will mutate or not.

UO

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Do you ever notice that evry single news report on the Bird Flu contains lines such as expected to mutate into deadly form, scientists fear the disease will mutate to a deadly form and cause a pandemic

and all stuff like that. Every single one contains a "threat" in this case a large "terror threat" its no different than if the threat was human, its a fear, a terror and it's a threat therefore it is the biggest "terror threat" perpetrated .............by whom though, the media? the governments? the NWo? the pharmaceutical companies?

www.abc.net.au...
It seems highly likely the children who died in Van region also caught the virus directly from chickens.
But world health authorities are concerned human exposure to the bird flu could lead to emergence of a mutation allowing easier transmission between humans.
That raises the prospect of a global pandemic.

A team of World Health Organisation doctors is in Turkey to help investigate the deaths and look for any signs of transmission between humans.

www.abc.net.au...
Meanwhile, at least two children died in the country's east after contracting the H5N1 strain, which scientists fear could mutate into a rapidly spreading strain of influenza able to be transmitted from person-to-person rather than being confined to a disease caught from birds.

news.inq7.net...
Most human cases of the disease have been traced to contact with infected birds.
Experts fear the virus could mutate into a form that passes easily between people, possibly sparking a pandemic.

news.ft.com...
So far the deadly H5N1 strain of avian influenza has killed only people in sustained and direct contact with infected poultry. But experts fear that in certain circumstances it could mutate into a form transmittable from human to human.

CTV.CA
Authorities around the globe are closely watching the H5N1 strain, fearful it could mutate into a form easily passed between humans. If that happened, the result could be a global flu pandemic, threatening the lives of millions worldwide.

english.people.com.cn...
Experts fear that the highly contagious virus could mutate into a human strain that could cause a worldwide pandemic among human beings.

www.nytimes.com...
Although H5N1 does not now readily spread between humans, scientists are worried it may obtain that ability through biological processes, setting off a worldwide pandemic.

ft.com
So far the deadly H5N1 strain of avian influenza has killed only people in sustained and direct contact with infected poultry. But experts fear that in certain circumstances it could mutate into a form transmittable from human to human.

www.tmcnet.com...
Some experts say the sudden increase in the disease in people means the virus has mutated to enable it to spread more efficiently from poultry to people.

english.aljazeera.net...
Currently, humans are thought only to contract bird flu if they come into close contact with infected birds, but scientists fear that millions around the world could die if the virus crosses with human flu strains to become highly contagious.

I mean its in just about (except maybe one in a whole page of links) every single article on any news feed. That line, that "terror threat" is in every single one. It is almost as if it has been said, print what you like about Bird Flu but this line or similiar MUST be placed in every article for maximum fear factor. Its is being brainwashed and conditioned into us. Over and over, fear, threat, pandemic, fear, warn, threat, fear, pandemic, fear, worry, panic, fear, threat.

Thats just today's stories I have quoted above, keep an eye out, its in every story released. You may get one or two non mainstream sources per day out of say fifty to one hundred that do not have that fear, panic, threat, worry, concerned "Terror Threat" contained within the article.

and if they don't have it, you can be guarenteed that are reporting a scary death anyway. It is the largest terror threat held over the mass world populations head ever.

I think I get the general gist of the message "fear".. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. Lets spot the fear factor in this article .......oh no im scared now, what do i do,.. I trust the government they will help me....

Oh and co-incidently, the Bird Flu suddenly hots up In Turkey, just nearby Mecca which has millions visiting on the annual pilgramage at the moment, to leave the area in a short time and travel back to all corners of the globe where they came from. If that was the case, then it would be one more "fear the islam" issue. The islamists would be blamed for spreading the disease far and wide. Its just too pat and neat....

Fear, threat, warn, terror, worry, fear, fear and more fear.... Talk about stamping something onto your mind....learn by repitition, fear, fear and more fear..

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Mayet]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
To give an example of how much this is being blown out of proportion for profit, I decided to do a quick search on CNN to find all the articles pertaining to bird flu. Sure enough, just about every one of them mentions something about a pandemic.

Look at this...first paragraph in the story!

Original Source: CNN, Jan 6
Authorities are closely monitoring the H5N1 strain of the virus, fearing it could mutate into a form easily passed between humans and spark a pandemic killing tens of millions.

Original Source: CNN, Jan 6
Health officials have said they fear the virus could eventually mutate and spread rapidly from human to human, causing a worldwide pandemic.

Right there is two stories from the SAME DAY that both say something about a pandemic. Both articles are also on the same thing, but yet different as well. As if they think increasing the articles about it will increase the amount of people that view it.

Original Source: CNN, Jan 7
So far, H5N1 has been capable in rare cases of transmitting from poultry to humans in close contact with them. Experts fear that if the virus should mutate to a strain that passes easily among people, it could set off a human flu pandemic.

Original Source: CNN, Jan 8
"The problem is local, but it's also global," Rodier said, noting that public health officials are concerned that the virus -- which was first identified in 1997 in Hong Kong -- may mutate so that it gains the ability to spread easily from person to person. That could trigger a pandemic with disastrous consequences.

Now, to be fair, in the above article it did state that this local report did not indicate a pandemic, but notice how they still included something about the possibility.

Original Source: CNN, Jan 8
Authorities are closely watching H5N1 for fear it could mutate into a form easily passed among humans and spark a pandemic. Birds in Turkey, Romania, Russia and Croatia have recently tested positive for H5N1.

Talk about blowing it out of proportion! Here, we have multiple articles stating that there could be a pandemic and some of them posted on the same days! There's one article on the first page of search results for "bird flu" on CNN's website (this article). Other than that, everytime something with bird flu comes up, so does talk of a pandemic.

Just thought I'd provide some examples as to how the media tries to lure people in to keep watching. Here's where the pharmaceutical companies come in and play off this publicity and plug their product. Boom, now there's a sudden demand that could earn them a ton of cash.

UO

[edit on 8-1-2006 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's really a shame that the news agencies do that too. They either freak people out with a whole "The End Is Nigh" mentality, or they loose credibility among those who step back, take a breath, and say "how reasonable is this?" Must be working though; I haven't seen a news media agency fold up in quite some time.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I agree with NetChicken and Mayet here also, from the day I saw the headlines of "Fears Bird Flu will mutate to human-to-human transmission" and then put the "US scientists recreate bird flu" articles and put them side by side, it made sense enough for me.

not to mention everything else noted above me and the info I have soaked up here on ATS

good thread esecallum

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
all i can say is this, if it isnt a hoax many people are starting to believe it is.
they are saying all of this crap to sell more flu shots.
Just take a look at the link

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
well I am not rushing out to get vac...but I have added another rule to my rule book:

no kissing chickens!! I repeat... NO kissing chickens!!
oh only if its 'wrapped in plastic!'

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I dont know if its a hoax but I say its a scare tactic and really no threat.

Remember all the other great plagues they loved to scare the people with.

Ebola
SARS
West Nile
Mad Cow

and now

Bird Flu

Remember how they made each one to seem like the next great plague? They really killed alot of people.

Mean while in the real world Malaria kills something like one one person every 30 seconds, more than a million people worldwide each year. When was the last time we heard of Malaria in the news?

[edit on 26-1-2006 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join