It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalism Against Judaism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lots of news out of Gaza regarding journalists being targeted by the IDF. There are number of concerned ATS members that have posted about this.

In fact CPJ Program Director Carlos Martínez de la Serna said the following:

“Since the Israel-Gaza war began, journalists have been paying the highest price— their lives—to defend our right to the truth. Each time a journalist dies or is injured, we lose a fragment of that truth,” said CPJ Program Director Carlos Martínez de la Serna in New York. “

cpj.org...

In the provided link it also states:

As of May 9:

97 journalists and media workers were confirmed dead: 92 Palestinian, 2 Israeli, and 3 Lebanese.
16 journalists were reported injured.
4 journalists were reported missing.
25 journalists were reported arrested.
Multiple assaults, threats, cyberattacks, censorship, and killings of family members.

In order to get ahead of the game please take the time to check out this Telegram link containing a journalistic report from a member of the Press, from North of Israel in a place called Kiryat Shmona, before the IDF starts murdering them as well.

t.me...

If you don’t have a telegram account, the video is short enough to view without one.

After viewing, please share your thoughts about the definition of a “Journalist”, how Israel should react to this type of reporting, and if you know how, in the past, reporting such as this was dealt with by an opposing force.

For those that can’t view.

Hezbollah “Journalist” wearing a press vest and cap, calls for the civilians in Kiryat Shmona to run away as “we will
be sending these [su*icide drones]”

“Run away, I hope you all die”

We saw the same blurring of what a Journalist and a Combatant are on October 7th.

edit on 9-5-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Judaism is a religion. The nation of Israel is a secular state. They are not the same. There are many atheists and non-religious Israelis. The government of Israel itself is not religious. The title of this OP seems to indicate the author is unaware of this fact.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Can we hire some of these guys to come visit the MSM in this country??? Pleeez!

That is all.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Or just send our MSM talking heads over there? LOL

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

My take is that the religion is the basis of the argument that Israel should exist at all, same as the Arab claim to the Temple Mount.

It may be secularism riding on the shirt tail of religion, so technically you are correct.

I concede sir

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Seems to me the title is backwards OP.

In other words, has Israel explained, identified reasons why, or apologized for head-shotting members of the Press? If yes, apologies in advance. I missed their reasoning for suppressing truth through violence.

Meanwhile Hamas doesn’t get a pass either for having the AP embedded during their massacre.

Leaves much to be desired for the Free Press of the world and their investigative endeavors.

But then propaganda don’t care much about personal safety.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

My take is that the religion is the basis of the argument that Israel should exist at all, same as the Arab claim to the Temple Mount.

It may be secularism riding on the shirt tail of religion, so technically you are correct.

I concede sir

It was actually the Nazi repression and persecution of the Jews that eventually lead to the creation of the Israeli state after World War II. Hitler persecuted the Jews as a people, an ethnic group, not as a religion. That is why it is called antisemitism. Jews are descendants of Shem. Which antisemitism is, discrimination against descendants of Shem, regardless what religion they adhere to.
edit on Thu, 09 May 2024 15:23:49 -0500pm50920240500000049America/ChicagoThu, 09 May 2024 15:23:49 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

This is wrong. You cannot connect a religion, and all the religious people, to acts perpetrated by the government and its military. By saying Judaism is at fault for killing countless journalists, you're saying the Jews are responsible.

Let's be clear here... the Jews are not doing this. There are Jews all over the world, including here in the US, who are protesting against these war crimes. There are Jewish students in the student encampments. Many Jewish students celebrated Passover from within those student encampments.

These killings of journalists fall squarely on the war criminals in the Israeli government. And that government is giving orders to the Israeli military who is carrying them out without question, without any reserve.

Those people will end up before the International Criminal Court, or they will be searched for and arrested in the years following the conflict. They won't be able to hide anywhere. And the military personnel won't able to say they were just following orders. We already know the efficacy of the Nuremberg Defense.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

From my OP.

After viewing, please share your thoughts about the definition of a “Journalist”, how Israel should react to this type of reporting, and if you know how, in the past, reporting such as this was dealt with by an opposing force.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

You know, your post actually has a lot of truth to it. It's very difficult to comment (one way or the other) about this whole conflict without seriously upsetting not just a few people. There is so much emotion tied up in this whole thing it's incredible. It's like you can't say one negative thing about either side without being immediately accused of being not only a sympathizer with the other side, but also a rabid supporter. It's definitely a polarized subject.

Several years ago, here on ATS, I questioned all of the financial and military aid we (the US) provides to Israel. Jeezus, you'd have thought I called the Pope the anti-christ! It was like a tidal wave of absolute pure venom. So much so that I actually wondered if there was some propaganda related indoctrination afoot.

Mention even a single negative thing about Israel and the very first thing which shows up is a Holocaust support reply. Yes, the Holocaust was a real thing, and it was beyond tragic and criminal, but it was also 81 years ago, and millions of others have perished since then in other conflicts. Oh, I know I'll be pelted with rocks for even saying this much. However, that wasn't even the point of the post initially, but it goes to show the lightning bolt level of knee-jerk reaction to anything negative about Israel.

Now, I need to be clear here...Hamas is a terrorist organization. Period. They should be shown no mercy, IMO. Live like a terrorist dog, and die like a terrorist dog. Period. In the same breath, there is a right way to deal with these terrorists and a wrong way, and candidly, I'm not sure Israel is doing it the right way. More so, I think Israel is hiding behind the USA's military support and opposition to terrorism. If this is true, they sure picked a horrible administration to back them up because this one is about as broke-d**k as it gets. BUT, that might not be all bad (in just this one instance) because this conflict could easily escalate into a regional or even World war were the US to get involved militarily.

In my not so humble opinion, our message to Israel should be crystal clear..."Be careful and choose your battles carefully because the US may not be there to back you up. Make your military decisions wisely, and make sure you can defend them, all of them, to the bitter end...on your own". Strategically, Israel used to be a critical military beach head of sorts, but this is no longer the case. Those days are gone. Now Israel is really more of an ideological beach head, and that's fine until the blood starts flowing in rivers.

So, while I could go on with this subject, I think I will stop here. I will only say your observation that there are actors beyond the Jewish religion who should be held accountable for senseless non-combatant loss of life is accurate. Much like the US government, and some of our misguided military blunders (i.e. Iraq, Asskrackistan, Bin Hidin', etc). I think it is important to remember, these conflicts are driven not really by ideology, but rather...money.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Want my reply to your question?

Okay, here it is..."F**k MSM journalists today! Few, if any, of them have any scruples what so ever. Their only mission in life is to get their 15 minutes of fame and the "scoop", regardless of what it takes. They are whores more so than the filthiest drug addicted and addled minded prostitutes whom have ever walked the alleys of this planet.

Bottom line...they get what they deserve, and if that's a bullet, then so be it. You play the game, you pay the price.

Many moons ago there used to be a unwritten rule about protecting journalists in military conflicts, back in the day when journalists were still thought to be "objective". Those days are LONG gone, my friend. Long gone! This whole mentality ended with the embedded journalists, and the ideologically motivated MSM agenda. This was a paradigm shift.

Now, you might as well put a rifle in a journalist's hands; they are combatants with words. Then, maybe they'll think twice about printing some of the absolute BS the intewebz affords them the ability to publish...anonymously I might add.

So, as the old saying goes..."play stupid games, and win stupid prizes".

There you go.

edit on 5/9/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thanks, that’s the point of the thread and I agree with you.

On the other track of the rails that my OP title lead to, I do still believe that there is an undeniable religious undertone to this whole thing.

One poster pointed out that they know practicing Jews in other countries.

A key component, some would argue THE component, of their religion is the sacrifice that is supposed to take place in a specific place in a specific temple.

A place that is now occupied by another religion and a mosque.

The Jews could not just make their own sacrifices wherever they wanted after the Lord had provided the Tabernacle. But the tabernacle was mobile – it was just a tent after all – so Moses anticipates a time when they are no longer nomadic and on the move after they’ve entered the Promised Land. So he tells also them to be ready for God to establish a permanent, non-mobile place of worship for the sacrificial system to be located.

ac3.org...

Ultimately the central issue in this conflict and quite a conundrum.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The problem you have is, I lived and worked in a Muslim country for several years, so I suspect it's hard for you to identify with some of the same things I can (all due respect).

I understand their mentality and tactics. I don't need any further education on their customs or culture, I lived it. Every thing down to Fridays, and "worship". And, working on Saturdays to make up for it. Trust me, I know it, ...completely...even the location of the mosques...down to the minute coordinates!

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

So do you think the two religions are the motivating factor in this conflict, or, as you mentioned in your other post, it is more so actors beyond those religions?

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

I concede sir

Religion is a big part of the people in the Middle East and no matter how a given State is defined religion will always play a big part. Israel is supposed to be a secular State and not a religious one. But Bibi a few months ago recalled passage from the Old Testament to justify the destruction of Gaza.

That's how bad it gets when religion is involved. Especially these Abrahamic religions and the Old Testament that has its roots in the bronze age.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Yes, some people can pretend to be journalists and others can pretend to be anything they want. It happend in life. But this doesn't change the fact many journalists have been killed in this war as well as aid workers and others from other professions. When Israel bombs relentlessly densely populated areas then it's inevitable it will happen. The regime there has is paranoic to the point they think aid workers at Hamas terrorists.

www.independent.co.uk...

More than 240 aid workers have been killed.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If you are a journalist and you make the decision to go into an active war zone, then you take the chance on getting hurt or killed. DUH. Their deaths/injuries are not the fault of anyone except themselves for deciding to go into the area. There is ZERO reason for anybody in a war zone ... good guy or bad guy ... to go out of their way to protect journalists who are there. It's a war. Darwin awards are given in wars.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If you are a journalist and you make the decision to go into an active war zone, then you take the chance on getting hurt or killed. DUH. Their deaths/injuries are not the fault of anyone except themselves for deciding to go into the area. There is ZERO reason for anybody in a war zone ... good guy or bad guy ... to go out of their way to protect journalists who are there. It's a war. Darwin awards are given in wars.

Or to be murdered by the IDF...

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034
Judaism is a religion. The nation of Israel is a secular state. They are not the same. There are many atheists and non-religious Israelis. The government of Israel itself is not religious. The title of this OP seems to indicate the author is unaware of this fact.

And you full of absolute ****!

Israel is a militarily controlled ethno-state, guided by religious docturn. They will accept anyone into their ranks who will fight for them. Your arguments are trash...

People like you enjoy conflating these facts just like leftists like to conflate facts about transgenderism. You have become the new woke-tards...

You are running interference for a government that uses religious doctrine to justify the slaughter of innocent women and children. Whatever you want to try and spin it Israel is driven by a religious fanaticism that believes Jews are the "chosen people" and somehow deserve that land.

Jewpremacy is a thing and zionist like yourself do nothing but promote a sadistic regime that has been indiscriminately slaughtering women and children because their religion since before most of us were alive.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You clearly have no knowledge about the history of "embedded journalists". The only people who don't want journalists in combat zones are people hiding war crime. You are such an utter piece of trash of a human to even use these lines of thinking...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join