It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone one else having Youtube problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I keep having problems with Youtube. Every video I watch takes 15 - 20 seconds to load and then stops/starts, buffers.
I have cleaned the cache, browser history, updated drivers, update Chrome etc.. and nothing works. I've checked my download speed and I'm getting 85 mb per second.
Netflix, Hulu and Amazon work just fine and every other site I go to is ok too, but Youtube is just glitchy.

Is it me or is Youtube having problems for anyone else ?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yep .Me. Stutters...skip, skip catches. But not on phone, PC or tablet. Just Fire TV.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yep, always. I use the desktop version on my phone as the mobile app is an ad-ridden hunk of garbage. Lots of times, videos buffer for far too long. Sometimes I'll even get a black screen on the video, but I can hear the audio playing. I have to refresh the page for it to right itself. It's not unusual for the video to freeze and buffer randomly during playback either. I figured it was our internet provider since Telus is pretty garbage a lot of the time.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This is apparently a problem for Firefox users and allegedly to promote users to adopt the Chrome browser.

edit on 11/1/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Clicking a video TWICE is like pausing and unpausing. It may slow or buffer a little afterwards but it gets the clips working.
edit on 11/1/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Are you using a browser that blocks ads or another kind of adblock? I heard they are doing what you described to those who block ads/
edit on 2024 1 11 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Are you using a browser that blocks ads or another kind of adblock? I heard they are doing what you described to those who block ads/

That happened to me the other day.

Popups kept coming up with a countdown saying I had x amount of chances to turn off my adblocker before the site would be unusable for me.

I disabled my adblocker, suffered adverts for a day, and then cleared my cookies, enabled adblock again and everything is back to normal.

There is usually a way of beating all these systems if you experiment a little.

Basically, I fooled their algorithm into putting me back at the bottom of a list maybe.

I'll keep controlling MY system how I want thanks.

Stoopidtube eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

My browser blocks most ads. I just exit the page and go look for whatever I was looking for on a different page if I get a popup telling me to disable anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   

edit on 1/12/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

edit on Fri Jan 12 2024 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I honestly don't know how people can watch YouTube WITHOUT ad blockers. The ads are incessant and even the skip function doesn't work when they don't want it to. You have no recourse but to turn off your ad blocker OR buy their premium service. ( There is another option mentioned below.)

Premium YouTube? Monthly payment??? Yeah, fk no, sorry. I'd rather not use their service at all if that's the case. "Terms of Service"......lol.

"Our terms of service requires the user to watch our ads or buy our ad free premium package..."

🙄 FK OFF.

Some of these "streaming services" are incredibly laughable. Honestly, why would anyone PAY for YouTube?? LOL.

I clicked on a video for a movie trailer and there was an ad, first. Isn't a movie trailer an ad/commercial? Okay, so why do I have to watch a commercial to watch a commercial??

They get you coming and going, and then corner their service offerings to ensure that's an actual feature.

I hate that ship. Without ad blockers, YouTube is a commercial nightmare ON PURPOSE so you'll buy their stupid premium junk.

YouTube Revanced is the last bastion of hope. Look it up, it's actually better than YouTube.

ETA: You wanna make a killing? Invent an app that can recognize screen lighting changes in order to mute commercials during video play on any TV. Everyone's attention span is jacked up because of information interruptions every 2 to 5 minutes or more. I'm convinced it's a problem with far reaching implications.

The younger generation doesn't care, but the older folks would LOVE this feature. I'm not old, but I would love to have this feature. I get tired of being incessantly sold to every other minute.

edit on 12-1-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 03:12 AM
link   
SPAMMER

edit on 4/26/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Using Any smart tv or Firetv.....

Never use the YT app they offer.
Get an older cheap laptop with HDMI and add to one of the HDMI inputs
Run Windows 7 or 10, minimal system and use DUCKDUCKGO for a browser.
(There is no DUCKDUCKGO for linux, but there are linux terminal mods for the Linux savvy.)
Use this HDMI input to run anything on the web or youtube
Running YouTube from DUCKDUCKGO uses a special DUCKDUCKGO portal for YouTube.
All YouTube will be fast, no commercials, no delays. Regular web content also runs with no ads except some exceptions but you could put a chrome browser on as well and use adblock easily for most anything that has a problem with DUCKDUCKGO.
The laptop stays shut and out of the way. User a wireless kb and mouse combo available on Amazon for around $30.

Nice cheap way to get rid of all the aggravation with web content trying to advertise to you.
edit on 19-4-2024 by charlyv because: sp + content

new topics

top topics

join