It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender women banned from sports is one thing. Banned from chess! Now it's getting silly.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We've all seen sport governing bodies banning transgender people from taking part in certain sports. Okay, we can understand why the bans have been imposed in sport. But this ban by the International Chess Federation (FIDE) forbidding transgender women from playing chess in womens events has got to be the most ridiculous yet. Chess isn't even a sport. Gender has no impact on the game.

TextThe International Chess Federation (FIDE) says it is temporarily banning transgender women from competing in its women's events. The FIDE said individual cases would require "further analysis" and that a decision could take up to two years.

Many sports governing bodies have been working on policies towards transgender athletes, but chess does not involve comparable levels of physical activity.

In its policy decision, FIDE also said that trans men who had won women's titles before transitioning would see their titles abolished.

All quotes from BBC (Other sources are available)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

This is an interesting topic...

In one study, researchers pitted male and female chess players against each other online. The sexes performed equally when identities were anonymous, but when the sex of the opponents was known, female players performed worse against male players and better against other female players.

Using a dataset of more than 180,000 players and 8 million rated tournament games, my colleagues and I recently found evidence to support a stereotype threat effect for female chess players. Female players tend to perform worse against male opponents than against female opponents, even after accounting for chess strength.

theconversation.com...#:~:text=It's%20true%20women%20have%20been,performance%20over%2 0the%20chess%20board.

Oh the psychology involved in this will be a challenge to figure out with biological women and transwomen alike.
edit on q00000009831America/Chicago4747America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Good.

Deny the Rainbow Reich at every opportunity.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
“Women’s Chess”… just because you cut your pecker off that does not make you a woman… it’s ridiculous to think otherwise and this is a common sense decision to ban them from WOMEN’S CHESS… for WOMEN… who were born with a vagina… as defined by all of recorded history ever…

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Oh the psychology involved in this will be a challenge to figure out with biological women and transwomen alike.

How long before the King and the Queen, the bishops and the knights are removed from the board?
Might as well rename to something like chequers or draughts. Errr, scrap that thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i have NO problem with trannnys c0mpeting in sports.
if you have the male chr0mosones of dna, then you c0mpete in MENS sp0rts.
pretty simple.

if you have the dna chr0mosones of a female, then you c0mpete in W0MEN's sp0rts.

its so simple.
its just not simple to the pr0gresssive retarddded mini0ns of internati0nalism is all.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel
a reply to: quintessentone

How long before the King and the Queen, the bishops and the knights are removed from the board?
Might as well rename to something like chequers or draughts. Errr, scrap that thought.

If the games are anon then maybe the renaming can go back to square one.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There are a lot of male/female classifications in different activities.
They are there for a reason .
Even chess , in which a female has an advantage.
That advantage is inductive logic .
Not if then : maybe then .
Perhaps just a tiny bit of horse sense is trickling back into folks today .

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I totally agree women are not able to compete in any way or form with men, in whatsoever discipline... So that's kind of normal, on the other hand it undermines the cry for equality.

But they shure as hell want the best payed jobs although they can't compete against man in economics either...

And we still wonder why the world has gone mad... I don't know where I heard that saying, follow the wife's, as an alternative to follow the money.......

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
He wants to play with the girls? Good.

Let's see him match wits with any of the female grandmasters.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't understand the reasoning.
I guess we'll see after the 'study' is done.
(years from now).

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The top female is rated at about 138th position, 2nd place is around the 370th position, so what do you think? No 99 male decides they are a female and leads the female category until they die.
edit on 17-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can promise this; I would never ever EVER ban a tranny from a circus. Well an adult only one anyway.
edit on 17-8-2023 by greendust because: positive message: sexualities main function is to create children.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

Let's see him match wits with any of the female grandmasters.

What if he is a GM too? I suggested the top female GM is about 138 on the men's side and 2nd place is like 370, but that is playing other women. So, where do you all think the top 3 female GMs would finish if they did a unisex event instead? 138 and 370 are just raw numbers, if they actually competed they could have 1000s of men ahead of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"Transgender" women haven't been banned from any sport or chess. They're simply being told they need to compete with other members of their own biological sex. Chess has an open category as well.

Enough already.

If you're a man, compete against other men, or enter the open category if you're not good enough.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

The top 100 chess players in the world are all men.

Soon the top female chess player will also be a man.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Chess isn't even a sport. Gender has no impact on the game.

Such a good point! My cat probably wouldn't win any ribbons in a national cat show, so I think I'll demand he be allowed to enter in the national dog show! He's bound to at take top honors in the 'most unusual' category at the very least!

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It isn't a study on transgenderism.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My God enough. It's men's and women's because there are 2 science based sexes. Been knows for thousands of years. Don't like that classification? Fine, throw ALL sexes in one group. Not men wanting in women's sports, etc, just get it over with. Tranny? Fine jump in the whole pool. It won't take very long for it to sort itself out again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join