It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any good shows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: DAVID64

Season one of Fargo is worth a watch.
Season one of True Detective.
The 2017 Twin Peaks series is pretty great if you liked the original.
If you like sci fi,Raised by Wolves and Foundation were both decent.

Forgot all about Fargo it's weird season one was okay, season 2 was meh, Season 3 was fantastic and I enjoyed season 4 too with Chris Rock but season 3 with Ewen McGregor playing twins was pretty damn good.

I liked Ozark overall but it was really uneven and up and down overall.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul I hate 95% of the shows I watch but these were pretty damn close to perfect. I literally waited for the last 2 seasons of BCS and I never do that #.

It was an honor and a pleasure to work both of those shows; fantastic cast and crew

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I just had a small part in this one, now I'm working crew...locations. Second season...

It should fit in well with the ATS milieu.

I wanted Outer Range to be good, but perhaps I need to give it another shot. Brolin isn't ever as good as he was in NCFOM but that movie makes me watch everything he does. I just couldn't get into it, literally slept through the first episode 3 times that I tried watching it. Admittedly Im weird about my TV shows though I watch them late when I can't sleep. Very few keep me awake for more than 1 or 2 episodes.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ketsuko

yeah....[ sheepish grin ] never seen that either.

Anything like Battlestar Galactica ? Really enjoyed that and probably gonna start re watching it too.

It's more like DS9 honestly.

The Babylon 5 is the fifth in a series of space stations, and the only one that didn't either get destroyed or disappear. It's used as a neutral meeting point between the major galactic races and the minor ones to meet and hash over thorny issues.

The show takes place over a pre-written, 5-season story arc and it was revolutionary for its time for that reason. Every episode both stands on its own and moves the central story in some way. Each season has its own theme and moves the central story.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Firefly and Serenity are also both good. We plan to intro kiddo to those at some point.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I don't know about Silo, but the books its based off of are good.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If you're into Sci Fi 12 Monkeys Tv Show is really good...
And Comedys Shamless is crazy show...

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have the box sets for Leverage, Burn Notice, and The Librarians. I still binge watch each series from time to time. I highly recommend them.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My couple of suggestions might have a few years under the belt but are none the less watchable.

Preacher
Trailer

American gods
youtu.be...

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A bit older now, but "The Last Ship" was a good series. Wish they wouldn't have quit making them. It is about a Navy Ship and it's crew, during a global pandemic. The first two seasons are really good - we rent it on Vudu, but probably can be found anywhere.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
YELLOWJACKETS!!!

I didn't think I would love the show, but iip, I got hooked, haha.

It has young actresses, Sophie Nélisse, Sophie Tatcher, Samantha Hanratty, and their "older version, like Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci and my favorite, Mélanie Lynskey.

It has been, to my taste, the best acting I've seen since Breaking Bad, and beyond.

The writing is good, but the acting... ah man! I'm just thrilled and am about to go watch the new episode!

La Brea has also piqued my interest. I'll admit, I "suffered" through one plot point throughout the season because I thought I knew where it would lead. I got played hard, and liked it.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

We enjoyed The Last Ship as well. The first seasons were strong. The one with the plant thing was probably the weakest, but it ended strong.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Love, Death and Robots is a cool anthology sci-fi/fantasy show on Netflix. Short and sweet episodes, some of which really stick with you.

If you think Marvel is meh, you'll probably enjoy The Boys for a superhero deconstruction black comedy drama on Amazon.

HBO Max has a great animated show called Primal, if
you're into Conan the Barbarian brutal caveman action. It has great storytelling with very minimal dialogue.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There is a Chinese series called 3-Body you might like.

The CGI is cheesy, but the story is actually really good.

Netflix is remaking it, and their version should be out later this year.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you haven't heard of Suits You might want to give it a try. It's really good.

Now the next two are graphic with violence but they have good acting and story-lines:

Justified

Bosch

ETA:

Bosch is a slow burn. It has 7 seasons. After he leaves the force he becomes a PI and that is a new series which is as strong, if not better than the original:

Bosch: Legacy

This is actually the show I found when I got Amazon Prime. And after watching the first season (which is the only one) I found the original Bosch.
edit on 19-5-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just gonna leave this here. Doesn't do the awesome song justice. Listening to it on full surround sound at the end of the season, the memory just came back to me, I think I just sat there for half an hour and kept rewinding and listening to it.

ETA, much better quality version of the song:

Probably one of the best pieces I ever heard that ended a season on a TV series.
edit on 20-5-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Picard is TNG throw back but is just as good as another ST.

What We Do In The Shadows was a movie first; if you like the humor, then you will love the tv series!

Wellington Paranormal is farcical send up of the XFiles! If you like weird accents (NZ, like Flight of the Conchords), then this is just good fun!

Better Call Saul is the Breaking Bad spinoff but is just as memorable. Great characters and plot!

Young Sheldon took a while for the writing to get great but things are leading to a dramatic change that we all know is coming (if you ever watched the Big Bang Theory). The cast is awesome!

And if you have some time to spare, get caught up and watch The Gilmore Girls. A “chick” show but funny as all get up! Look for cool alternative bands making a guest appearance in the background!

There is always more but most have already been mentioned!

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I must admit that never have I never seen [ except for a few episodes of each ]

Game of Thrones.
The Walking Dead.
The Expanse.
Stranger Things.
Breaking Bad
Yellowstone.
The Mandalorian...and several more. Pretty much all the "must see TV" of the last 5 years or so.

I try watching different things, but nothing seems to grab my attention and hold it. I'll give any show a chance, but if it doesn't give me that "I gotta see what happens next" vibe, I just give up.
Like when I first started watching "The Blacklist". It was intriguing from the opening scene and got better from there. I was hooked on Raymond Redington, The Concierge of Crime.
Not a fan of murder mysteries. 3 seconds of a romantic movie is 3 seconds too many. The Marvel Universe is "meh" at best.

I started re-watching The Blacklist from the beginning and other older shows like Eureka, Warehouse 13, Fringe, The X-Files, Stargate SG-1, House, Gunsmoke, MASH......you get the idea.

All the new stuff just seems 'meh".

It's not the woke crap that bothers me, it's just that it's not interesting. Flat, drab, poor acting, stupid scenarios...

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just getting old, but TV use to be a hell of a lot better.

It’s not a series but a movie - Malibu Road

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:59 AM
link   

If you're talking about recent television productions:

Short answer is NO.

Long answer is HELL NO.

There are a few old ones that were decent. I'm still paritila to the old Dragnet, both from radio and TV, though I see some early social engineering in some of the episodes.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

If you're talking about recent television productions:

Short answer is NO.

Long answer is HELL NO.

There are a few old ones that were decent. I'm still paritila to the old Dragnet, both from radio and TV, though I see some early social engineering in some of the episodes.

Correct. Outside of a handful of indie movies, Hollywood has been obsolescent for over a decade.

Movie / Limited Series that are “official MPAA movies”

We Are the Night
Malibu Road
The Barbarian
Molly’s Game
Drive
Sicario
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (it’s lazy and too long but it is interesting and Tarantino’s best
True Detectivr

Series sparse pickings unless you go back 15 years

Gaslit
The Wire
Succession
Barry
Perry Mason
The Americans
Mad Men
Better Caul Saul / Breaking Bad
Manhunt
Mindhunter
Bosch

Foreign series

Can’t name em from memory but Scandinavian series have fairly solid for a few years

Old movies most haven’t seen

A Bullet for the General
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
The original Solaris
The Chilling of a Chinese Bookie
La Piscene
Knife in the Water
Anything by Peter Weir
The Bird with the Crystal Plummage
Don’t Look Now

Will post a more comprehensive list but this will keep you hey if you haven’t seen them all

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join