It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Kids Car was Stolen. First thing Cops do is Ask For All of Our DNA ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
Weird. Truck was stolen last year and nothing of the sort was mentioned. I would anticipate your experience is a "california thing" XD

It's a fishing expedition!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If they were going to use the DNA to rule out the victim, wouldn't they collect it after they actually found the car?

They were probably just collecting a sample to use to check if anyone had covid...there is a mouth swab. Then they could charge the owners of a crime if the theives got covid and died.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Until the specific legislation from the state of California is produced stating this is a legal thing to request of theft victims, Ive gotta be that person...

OP's full of crap until he proves otherwise. If his claim had any merit at all, he'd have lawyered up, ACLU'd up, and gone to their local news already.

It's like a n00b Karen doing it wrong or something.
edit on 3/31/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Until the specific legislation from the state of California is produced stating this is a legal thing to request of theft victims, Ive gotta be that person...

OP's full of crap until he proves otherwise. If his claim had any merit at all, he'd have lawyered up, ACLU'd up, and gone to their local news already.

It's like a n00b Karen doing it wrong or something.

I hope your not accusing me of lying.

They said it was to rule us out.

My wife felt trapped. I went in the house.

Nobody claimed it was mandatory.

I am a longtime member in good standing.

Please don’t suggest I made a single word of that S-Show up.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

San Diego is in Orange County, one of the "red" counties in California.

Go "Law and Order"!

DNA collection for police databases.

San Diego is in San Diego County. I don't know how "red" San Diego actually is, but it houses the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton and Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. Not to mention its heavy border patrol presence with Tijuana, Otay, San Ysidro and Tecate border crossings.

OP, I would contact someone, I don't know who, to get more information on why and when police ask for DNA from people reporting a crime, other than rape or sexual assault. Sounds super suspicious to me. I would worry about my DNA (accidentally) getting planted somewhere!

edit on 1-4-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 1-4-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
San Diego is in San Diego County and while it once may have been, it is no longer considered a red county. a reply to: Mantiss2021

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peloni
San Diego is in San Diego County and while it once may have been, it is no longer considered a red county. a reply to: Mantiss2021

60% San Diego County voted for Biden.

Guess that proves San Diego is more Blue than Red.

I thought it was more Red. It just seems to have changed so much -- like Orange County.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
nvm

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

to be honest, i'm almost surprised they even did more than take a statement, forget about asking for things like your DNA or fingerprints.

i haven't had a car stolen,but have had them broken into and tons of stuff stolen as well as damage to the vehicle (one car was even written off because of the damage they did prying the passenger door open). and not once would they do any investigation at all. it's apparently not a big enough crime to deal with.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   

If they asked for a swab I would imagine it is because you are in a pinged list.
If you have a past record that could relate to that they may have been trying to check if your high. Not a DNA test.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

If they asked for a swab I would imagine it is because you are in a pinged list.
If you have a past record that could relate to that they may have been trying to check if your high. Not a DNA test.

being high as # in cali is legal, no one enforces pooping on a side walk and the guy is a clear home owner that has a son that owns a lexus. Are you saying that an older man is confused about getting a swab in his mouth with a drug test? I really am not trying to play a semantics game but your theory to me sounds like some kind of other worldly BS. Where I live if they (the police) wanted to submit me to a drug test they would formally detain me and take me to a hospital, they wouldn't just ask me for a swab in my mouth and they wouldn't do it themselves?

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

being high as # in cali is legal, no one enforces pooping on a side walk and the guy is a clear home owner that has a son that owns a lexus. Are you saying that an older man is confused about getting a swab in his mouth with a drug test? I really am not trying to play a semantics game but your theory to me sounds like some kind of other worldly BS. Where I live if they (the police) wanted to submit me to a drug test they would formally detain me and take me to a hospital, they wouldn't just ask me for a swab in my mouth and they wouldn't do it themselves?

They can ask many things.
I'm not a LEO so I am just throwing out ideas as to why.
Dräger DrugTest
Look that up mate.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Whoa! That sounds incredibly violating of your rights. Govt watchlist maybe?

Lo-Jack is an awesome feature! Glad the criminal/s were caught!

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

"Just doing my job."

That was the wrong answer at Nuremberg. Lynching at dawn is what Biden might call it. Justice is what the people call it when after a fair trial a conviction of hanging until death goes to evil people who committed unpardonable crimes against their fellow human beings.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Can I just exit this fkd up world soon, please?

jesus wept.... what next. Just what next...

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

Can I just exit this fkd up world soon, please?

jesus wept.... what next. Just what next...

We all should want to meet Jesus some day. Just not TOday....

I am sad. My wife came in and said if we have Disney channel to dump it and started remembering Walt as the kind old man we saw as kids. I told her what I learned here and she went nuts on me. I didn't say they were kidnapping kids or child molesters I just said he was in the Masons and the symbols in the films speak volumes. She started yelling about pedophiles, and I said I didn't say one word about them.

After the dust settled she said she can not handle all this. She is looking for the good in people and trying to feed our family and live our lives. I said for evil men to get away with it all that has to happen is for good men to do nothing.
"what can we do?" she asked. "Quit hearing what you want and learn the truth", said I. She was still not happy with me. My "ego for being right"...... I replied, "the truth is important. Ignoring it is how we got here".

This is real hard when the people who recognize Disney is off the rails can't handle even a teeny bit of the rest of the story, where ever it leads. They "can't handle the truth" is true in practice.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Very strange. Considering most of your families DNA would most certainly be in the car! What possible good would collecting the DNA of the owners and those around them do? I have never heard of such a thing.

"To compare when they found the car"? Compare your DNA against the Thieves? How does that make sense? 🤔
edit on 1-4-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

"Just doing my job."

That was the wrong answer at Nuremberg. Lynching at dawn is what Biden might call it. Justice is what the people call it when after a fair trial a conviction of hanging until death goes to evil people who committed unpardonable crimes against their fellow human beings.

Woops!

Lynching is now illegal!

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

i suspect the police don't do such things, because they are actually bio-hazards. in the Philippines to get or renew a driver's licence,you have to get a physical done. where they check things like your mobility, hearing (and yes one possible restriction marked on licences, is must be "accompanied by a person with normal hearing", like here they do things like "must wear eye glasses". and of course eye exams, including a colorblindness test. but they also used to do a drug test as well (any drugs in your system, no driver's licence for you). but that was stopped about ten years ago due to the issue of such testing being a bio-hazard. it is something most people don't remember, is that bodily fluids such as blood, urine, spit, etc, all being bio-hazardous materials, and thus a health risk for those administering or handling such things. and thus best left to professionals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join