It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-21 Raider: Next step, First flight!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: pigsy2400

The demonstrator went there. Almost came back in very small pieces.

So it almost had a little accident huh ?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Word was that if it got any closer it wouldn't have been almost.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
That literally means nothing to me lol. This place is so cryptic it drives me insane .. sending you a PM don't worry it's nothing to do with this just something you might like

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It means that the people watching were all convinced they were watching a crash happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I assume it’s Macrahanish it visited...been there a few times with Tornado’s in the late 80’s...it also has supposed to have had other “alleged aircraft” visit it over the years...!! reply to: ThePeaceMaker

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

Was about to reply with the same suggestion, RAF Machrihanish. Cambeltown Airport.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I heard Machrihanish/Cambeltown isn't used for that sort of thing any more and was more a civilian airfield for small local flights going to the Scottish coast islands. But what do I know

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Lossiemouth. Actually usable hangar facilities and all that.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wind towers were made there I believe for a few years...not sure when it became non operational...I’ve heard Lossiemouth too but that’s a very exposed base with a lot of other aircraft and Squadrons operating from there...mind you there is the old “hide it in plain sight” adage...😇 a reply to: mightmight

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Fly in at night, stay inside during the day. Would not have been the first time.
And it's not that big of a secret anyway. The Air Force themselves confirmed the existence of flying demos back then.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silentvulcan
I assume it’s Macrahanish it visited...been there a few times with Tornado’s in the late 80’s...it also has supposed to have had other “alleged aircraft” visit it over the years...!! reply to: ThePeaceMaker

As far I'm aware that place is now a business park and was bought by the community from the MOD under a right to buy agreement. I think light aircraft still use it though.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

whats a wind tower

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
I'm presuming a wind turbine

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sorry...a wind turbine..wind tower was what we called them when I was doing NDT on the welds back in 2008! Macrahanish still looks (on google earth anyway) like a good spot with the long runway and that big hanger in the middle of nowhere...😇reply to: penroc3

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

i figured i was being cheeky as you call it over there

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
...and now to find out what a wind turban is.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

That hangar at the south western end of the runway was what got my attention. Would it be Possible to fly/transport crew and equipment to a remote facility rather than using somewhere with more witnesses? Looks like it also has a lot of bunkers that could be used as storage.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was actually looking at the place again and had a second thought. Sure put the word out it's no longer an active military base but that hanger is kind of in a remote position. From what I heard the US had a small troop detachment there long ago or they used the base for training (maybe SEALs, could be wrong) .. I suppose all you gotta do is fly something in under the cover of darkness when the airfield isn't being used for civilian purposes, say like at the weekend. Land the said aircraft and quickly slip it into a hangar

It has to be a base with some sort of infrastructure and a hanger or two so they kinda narrows it down as I've googled some old remote airfields and some don't even have hangars

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

From a tweet I read this morning...

former RAF Machrihanish airbase used by the US Navy as a nuclear weapons store and base for components of the US Navy SEALs Naval Special Warfare Group 2 during the Cold War

U-2's overhead this morning

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join