It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone into Oil stocks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
With Israel flexing their middle East muscles against Assad and Iran. Looks like we're going to have a bull run in oil (CONVENIENTLY before Aramco, the largest oil company in the world(worth over a trillion dollars) goes public at the end of this year on stock exchanges.)

I just loaded up on HOU.to on the Toronto stock exchange. Back in 2013 oil prices it was up to over 250 dollars a share, right now sitting at 9.13... lots of money to be made if things start heating up with Israel (u.s. backed) and Iran(Russian backed).

I'm not for death and destruction btw. Hope the war doesn't happen of course.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
One thing I notice before a large bull run is heavy market manipulation to drive a price downward so that people can load up on shares or for hostile takeovers.

I've seen it alot on pot stocks as of late. But noticeably the last few weeks on oil stocks, heavy manipulation to start downward trends, trigger stop losses to make accounts sell off their shares which make it drop even more and then the manipulators are able to load up on cheap shares, then they let the a stock run up.

This war was planned and they're playing the markets to coalesce a profit from starting a war. Via oil.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've avoided the stock market since I lost all of my play money in it many years ago... but I would say the economy is ripe for soem shenanigains where someone in the know can make some cash quick in the next few years.

Oil could be the ticket- I've only got investments in crypto at the moment.

What exchange do you use? I had a scottrade account years ago, but I heard they got rolled into some other company.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I use cibc investors edge. They have flat 6 dollar fees for any size trade.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The thing I notice about oil prices is that they are a reverse mirror image of the value of the US dollar.
Recently the US dollar index dropped below 90 as the price of oil rallied above 60 dollars a barrel.
That is about twice what it was at the 2016 low.
Higher interest rates should strengthen the US dollar in the coming months so unless they choreograph a shortage it doesn't look like a good long term investment.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would believe that the IPO is caused by the fracking tech going 100 percent over what anyone expected. Is your purchase old fashioned sweet crude or?

ANyway, one of the bizarre realities these days is that apparently the USA produces more oil than anyone else. It has caused a sea change in politics - definitely middle eastern politics.

For me, I always say hold on to anything you have that is paying dividends and then re-invest. Everything else, sell high, buy low.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

A "bull run"? Why? Besides a bunch of assertions and personal opinion, there's nothing to suggest a bull run in oil.

Do you notice increasing supply and little-to-no projected growth in demand as a recipe for a bull run?? If so, I've a got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale -- there's an anticipated bull run in bridges. FAIL.

Just one piece of evidence this is nonsense and some poor attempt at expousing some knowledge concerning geopolitical manipulations in commodity markets
edit on 9-4-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Following to See What everyone is saying !

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If they're anything like bump stocks I guess they'll get banned.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat
You're already eating your own words. Oil has been running for 3 days now. Saudi oil refinery was attacked this morning.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You're already eating your own words. Oil has been running for 3 days now. Saudi oil refinery was attacked this morning.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

It's an ETF that follows the light sweet crude index.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Did they come forward with dividend projection, or is it buy and hold?

Personally I would never hold too much stock from any company that wasn't making it worth my while. No dividend is similar to gambling in my mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

Lol, wut?

Did it take 2 duplicate posts to squeeze out that nonsense? Hey, I admire perseverance...just not individuals that fail to read...especially, when it's spelled out for them (that link and all I posted).

I hope you have a big spoon because you'll need to be spoon-fed how spot-prices have ZERO to do with "we're going to have a bull run in oil".

I would've given you the benefit of the doubt had you mentioned anything beyond, "Back in 2013 oil prices it was up to over 250 dollars a share, right now sitting at 9.13... lots of money to be made if things start heating up with Israel (u.s. backed) and Iran(Russian backed).", and instead, recognized Howard Hotelling's understanding of....well, damn, I'll give you a hint: extraction costs/premium (discounting) rates of natural resources. C'est la vie.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I take it youre a liberal. Since youre already eating your own words yet again. Oil is sky rocketing. I was right with my assertion/projection.

Trump announced sanctions today.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

No dividend. Just buy and hold, looking at mega profits if oil hits 100 bucks. Atleast 10x profit. Ust my opinion, im not a stock professional.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
I take it youre a liberal. Since youre already eating your own words yet again. Oil is sky rocketing. I was right with my assertion/projection.

Trump announced sanctions today.

Lol, wut?

It is ATS, I'm not surprised being right equates to being labeled as a liberal (you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, otherwise you could simply, look at my post history and determine that's, at best, a stretch, at worst [most likely -- with a 95% confidence rate] more proof spot prices based on exogenous supply shocks aren't an indicator of a 'bull run' [still laughing at the ignorance of commodities parlance]). Oh, the 'Bull Run' wasn't an oil stock thing, it was a Civil War thing. Last, but definitely not least, exogenous supply shocks (read: "Trump announced sanctions today") are a thing, but your (not youre) comprehension of such is, most likely, based on a regurgitation of 'talking points' you assimilated from the internet. You damn sure ain't situated in the reality of how resource economics work, lest you provide a quantifiable example of how exogenous supply shocks work (hint: the '70's they figured out how to mitigate the very rookie assertion you're [you know, the correct "you're"] making).

Come at me, bro!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

OK bro, I'm at you bro.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
mining and drilling stocks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join