It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

peace of Jerusalem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Your intervention is right on topic I suppose. Middle east issues. Nothing is more important to the whole world than the peace of Jerusalem. So many peace prizes have been given to presidents, terrorist and other people and yet there is no peace. This is because it is reserved for the prince of peace. When Jesus was asked by a wise person what must I do to achieve the kingdom of God he answered you must become all things to all men Are you volunteering? I think not. You can't even keep peace on this board.
edit on 7-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: Spelling and typos

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

When Jesus died on the cross for all human beings Satan stole his name in order to receive the worship of men. He is the one that started Christianity so basically those who call themselves Christians are actually devil worshipers.

Do you have any research links to back this statement up? I would really like to explore this further. I'm always digging deeper into the rabbit hole searching for hidden truths.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Your intervention is right on topic I suppose. Middle east issues. Nothing is more important to the whole world than the peace of Jerusalem. So many peace prizes have been given to presidents, terrorist and other people and yet there is no peace. This is because it is reserved for the prince of peace. When Jesus was asked by a wise person what must I do to achieve the kingdom of God he answered you must become all things to all men Are you volunteering? I think not. You can't even keep peace on this board.

Who the heck are you talking to?

Who is this "you" that you are addressing?

*****Peace anywhere is important IMO, not just in Jerusalem which is a city, of course, and as a city there really isn't a "war". Unless you are talking spiritually. There are actually full blown wars in countries (you know---bombs, bullets, mass death, starvation, etc.)
edit on 3/7/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

"The Peace of Jerusalem" is a trite phrase used by a peculiar sort of religious individual. Some are Jews who seem to sincerely want peace (on their own terms, of course), but there is another sort, a hucksterish variety, who seeks money under the guise of "The Peace of Jerusalem". Their infomericals used to be on the TV all of the time, using that precise phrase, but I've not watched TV in quite some time, and don't know if they still ply their trade there.

It's an odd phrase to me - it seems to imply that all the rest of Israel can be covered in blood to the depth of a horse's bridle, just so long as Jerusalem has it's "peace".

I don't buy it - God doesn't live there any more any way. They're fighting over a useless patch of rock, sand, and scrub brush, with no redeeming value.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

allthings2allmen

This is because it is reserved for the prince of peace. When Jesus was asked by a wise person what must I do to achieve the kingdom of God he answered you must become all things to all men

If you're going to attempt to use the Bible, which you elsewhere vilify, to try and back your claim to prophethood, at least try to get it right. It was Paul who said "I have become all things to all men" in I Corinthians 9:22, not Jesus. Your silly story here about a "wise person" asking Jesus the how to achieve the Kingdom of God, and this reply you claim, never happened.

Some "prophet". Can't even get what is recorded right, calling into serious question all your other claims.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

My apologies. It's your thread, so I thought you set the topic. Since I was responding to your post, I felt certain I was on firm ground regarding the topic.

My bad.

I wouldn't say that "everyone" prays for the peace of Jerusalem. I don't. I don't much care either way - it's a tiny place on a big planet, and not all that valuable a piece of real estate anyhow. There are much bigger, and for my money much more important, and wider, altercations going on at any given moment.

Once upon a time, Jerusalem was important and valuable because it sat squarely on caravan trade routes. Not so much in the modern day. Trade routes - and methods - have changed over the intervening millenia.

The only place I've ever even heard the phrase "pray for the Peace of Jerusalem" - other than here - is in the infomercials I mentioned above.

Maybe you could invite the Jews to move to your New Jerusalem, abandon Old Jerusalem, and make everyone happy that way. Just let the Palestinians crawl all over the old Jerusalem and see if THEY can make something out of it.

As the Mars rover Spirit says, "it's just a rock".

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

sled735

When Jesus died on the cross for all human beings Satan stole his name in order to receive the worship of men. He is the one that started Christianity so basically those who call themselves Christians are actually devil worshipers.

Do you have any research links to back this statement up? I would really like to explore this further. I'm always digging deeper into the rabbit hole searching for hidden truths.

His word and opinion?

And likely that of his disciples/followers.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yada yada yada radda radda radda.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was addressing sled who asked about if she could search the subject for herself. I do not want to debate with people who do not agree with me. The book is called essential doctrines of the Christian faith by the late Dr.Earnest L. Martin. The archeological evidence support the historical text and the records. The Temples that Jerusalem forgot is the archeological text that supports this new understanding which is the basis by which the peace can finally be achieved. Philip will gladly give you the link.
edit on 9-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: Typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
That is why I need scribe. Thank you Philip.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Mark 13:1-2 Kjv

And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!

And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Except from The Temples that Jerusalem Forgot:

What is even more strange is the modern belief that the Haram esh-Sharif must be reckoned as the site of the Temple Mount. If present scholarly opinion is correct, it means that Titus and the Roman legions did not destroy the outer walls of the Temple in it’s middle and lower courses. This belief by modern scholars and religious authorities (whether Jewish, Muslim or Christian) that the 10,000 stones of the Haram are the remnants of the Temple walls make descriptions of utter demolition by Josephus and Titus to be outlandish exaggerations. And true enough, this is precisely how modern scholars, theologians, religious leaders and archaeologists view the matter, with one recent commentator boldly stating that Josephus used “wild exaggerations.”15 In almost every historical book on the subject we have the scholar (or scholars) voicing an apology for the erroneous statements that Josephus wrote. Even his friends admit he greatly exaggerates the dimensions he attributes to particular buildings.

Our modern scholars and religious authorities consistently state that we cannot accept as truth the plain words of Josephus in the important descriptions he provides regarding the shapes of buildings and their dimensions. We will discover it is the scholars and religious leaders who are wrong -- not Josephus.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Note what Josephus stated about the ruined condition of the City,

“Now as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done), Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and Temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminence; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison [in the Upper City], as were the towers [the three forts in the Upper City] also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued;
but for all the rest of the wall [surrounding Jerusalem], it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it [Jerusalem] had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.”9

edit on 9-3-2014 by PhilWhaley71 because: refined

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Sorry but many folks will simply scroll on by a WALL OF TEXT and simply not read it. And for many of us with aging eyes, lack of space between relatively short paragraphs is almost painful. I respect your perspective sufficiently that I'm going to paragraph your post and add some emphases here and there.

allthings2allmen
This is a post about archeology and having no place specifically for archeological topics I thought this would be the best place to post it. Bare with me because it might be longer than my usual posts.

I went to Jerusalem in two thousand twelve to confirm my suspicions and they all turned out to be true. The world is ready to go to war over an archeological blunder of monumental proportions. As we were driving around the center of town in a taxi I pointed to the wailing wall and said to the taxi driver this is an abomination. There where Orthodox Jews bowing and praying to a wall they consider to be the western wall of the temple mound.

Nothing could be further from the truth, it actually is the western wall of Fort Antonia which housed the tenth Roman legion that destroyed both the temple and all of Jerusalem because of a Jewish revolt in the year 70 C.E. Never did this wall nor the fort have any significance to the Jews nor the Christians.

During the six hundred years of the Muslim occupation of Jerusalem the palace of the Calif was located right on top of the wall and his toilets were gravity type seats on top of the wall. The Christians asked the Calif if they could use the sight as a garbage dump and he acquiesced being a benevolent ruler. After three hundred years the pile had grown thirty meters in height and the stench pervaded the whole palace.

The Calif being a clever man decided to throw a few gold coins down his toilet and soon started a small gold rush. When activities slowed down he would seed a few more gold coins until the whole place was cleared in no time. My opinion is that it was the cheapest public works ever.

Now the location of the real temple mound is three hundred yards south of there on top of the Gihon spring the only live spring within a 70Km radius around Jerusalem. Temple rituals for cleansing and cleaning of the sacrificial blood called for running pure water and therefore the temple must have been built above it.

This area is now an empty lot but because of archeological blindness it is an established error that the temple mound is the wailing wall.

Aside from the fact that it is an unclean place the rituals observed there are themselves six hundred year old cabalistic rituals where a female deity called the Shekina is worshiped not by bowing down as you will immediately see if you watch it they are not bowing to the wall but holding a book that does not move and they thrust their pelvis forward and backwards as a symbolic fornication of this deity. Then they pause to gently kiss the wall as if it was the most sensitive part of a woman's anatomy.

The twelve year old boys that are asked to perform the ritual are sometimes embarrassed to do so because they instinctively know the meaning of it.

When any diplomat, president, dignitary from foreign countries visit Jerusalem they are obliged to pay their homage to the wall under the threat of creating a diplomatic incident.

When I say abomination I mean abomination. I have evidence and archeological proof of my statement but only for those who do not take my word for it and I will provide a link to these proofs. The last time the prime minister entered an exploration tunnel in the wall for structural repairs it started the entifada which is the reason the world is going to war.

I don't know about the thrusting gyrations being cabalistic. Plausible. IIRC, there may be other explanations and tradition associated with the bobbing in prayer.

Nevertheless, I think you raise an important issue. I think the spring issue is an important factoid involved in it all.

HOWEVER, God has IT ALL in His ample hands. NOTHING occurs in Jerusalem of any great import, without AT LEAST His allowing it for His purposes.

I recall when I visited there and was touring inside the Dome of the Rock. I heard all the blather about Abraham offering Isaac up on that rock. I was skeptical. Perhaps it was so. Perhaps not. I just felt that a LOT of things regarding that city and that area were not as they were proffered to be.

Regardless . . . THE KING IS COMING . . . and HE WILL set things to right after Armageddon.

Now between now and then . . . there will be a lot of blood flowing . . . There will be NO avoiding that. sigh.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

PhilWhaley71

A.S.K. Essentials of New Testament Doctrine online book

A.S.K. Temple update page

Thank you. I look forward to diving into this!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well it looks like the thread has got some momentum now. Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

That is why I need scribe. Thank you Philip.

To post links and star your posts? That doesn't sound like a copyist. Seems more like a gopher/lackey.
He said

Hello, hello, my name is Phil or you can call me Enoch. I record the words of the spirit for posterity.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PhilWhaley71

Mark 13:1-2 Kjv And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

I can't seem to reconcile how your master often vilifies the bible yet uses quotes from it to prove some of his "points'.

As his scribe/copyist--I mean link provider/"post-starrer" maybe you know why.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
How DO you star posts?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join