It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical situation... Would appreciate honest opinions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi!

Something occurred to me a few days ago, and I've been running it through my head.

Here's a hypothetical situation:

A "black box" device is invented. It's cheap to mass produce and, in it's various forms, it produces enough electricity to run a house, car, office building, train, semi etc.

What would the overall effect be on the world and the world economy?

Would oil stocks plummet? Would hundreds of millions of people in the oil industry be jobless? Would the inventor be assassinated? What kind of short term detriment would there be on society as it adjusted to the new "paradigm" created by the use of the "black box" device?

I'm not saying this device exists, I'm just curious what you good people would think would be the short term / long term outcome?

Regards!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

Depends.
Was a patent submitted? If so, it would never see the light of day.

If some fellow was making and selling these out of his garage, he would disappear.

IF somehow it did get out, to the masses, there would be a massive smear campaign. "They catch fire. They cause cancer. They cause the deaths of innocent children"

Because seriously, it would cause big problems for big government and big business. And make all of our lives better.

Can't have that.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

Oil and gas lobbies are not messing around. The inventor would have a bulls eye on him from the moment his patent application goes in. The world would love to have such an invention though.
edit on 27-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
An old man in Québec, a few years ago, invented a machine that could recharge regular batteries, and they would hold their charges for longer period of times.

He sold 2000 units, or around that.

Then, I think it is Duracell, they went to see him, made him an offer to buy his invention, and they even went and bought back the 2000 units that had been sold.

Where is that invention that would prevent the throwing away of regular batteries?

Exactly. They didn't kill the guy, but they killed his invention. Damn.
edit on 27-2-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

They didn't kill the guy, but they killed his invention.
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Too true. Many device patents for things like this are just bought by the energy companies and quietly shelved...never again to see the light of day.

In more extreme cases where the inventor can't be bought they resort to other tactics....brings to mind Stan Meyer, who invented a hydrogen system that he had in a dune buggy that he drove around for years....until he was mysteriously poisoned. For any interested, here's a link to Stan explaining how the device worked....and it did work....and that was in the early 90's.

Stan Meyer...water powered car explained.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

. The device would never see the light of day and the persons involved would disappear. Big oil would never allow it

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

You purity much answered your own question.

When was the last time human nature dictated doing the right thing when it came to money and power

edit on 27-2-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

Would oil stocks plummet? Would hundreds of millions of people in the oil industry be jobless? Would the inventor be assassinated? What kind of short term detriment would there be on society as it adjusted to the new "paradigm" created by the use of the "black box" device?

Nothing short of WW3 would be my guess.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Yes, putting a patent on a shelf is very efficient, seeing the costs involved for the ordinary man about it. We just can't compete with that to begin with.

About 20 years ago, Radio-Canada, the government own TV station aired during the show "Découvertes" a segment about the electric motor-wheel invented by the groupe Couture. They were contracted by Hydro-Québec for that. And I think they were also contracted for that by the big motor industry.
What was peculiar is that at the beginning of the show, they told the viewers that the show would only be aired once, and never again...
Remember it is a government owned station...

And... during that show, we had a little piece about a flexible battery invented by Hydro-Québec. It was two thin sheets of metals with a saline solution put in between. You could bend it, you could cut nearly all the battery, your thing powered by it would not even flinch. They had no idea how long a battery would last, showing us a calculator that had been open for a whole month prior to filming.
Well, about 2 years ago or so, AHERMIsraelAHERM announced that they had invented said battery...

So it is not only companies, but also countries involved in this fiasco...

I forgot to put this video about the groupe Couture invention. :/
edit on 27-2-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So it is not only companies, but also countries involved in this fiasco...
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I don't doubt it for a second...the Energy Industry have deep pockets and are very generous donors come election day.

Thanks for pointing this out...hadn't heard of it...gonna watch now. As for Israel....nothing they do would surprise or shock me.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

It won't see the light of day. Even if there was some success, it would go by the way side just like the experiments with cold fusion.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

gspat
Hi!

Something occurred to me a few days ago, and I've been running it through my head.

Here's a hypothetical situation:

A "black box" device is invented. It's cheap to mass produce and, in it's various forms, it produces enough electricity to run a house, car, office building, train, semi etc.

What would the overall effect be on the world and the world economy?

I'm not saying this device exists, I'm just curious what you good people would think would be the short term / long term outcome?

Regards!

I would expect it to be some kind of hoax to begin with.

Regarding economically: I assume this isn't some kind of "perpetual energy" machine. Therefore it's lifespan and ability to supply energy would be limited.

Therefore there would be millions of jobs opening for the manufacture of the things as jobs tailed off in the current energy sector.

Given that we are all owners of gas burners (or most of us) we would not all switch over to this black box immediately so there would be a gradual conversion. I would see the electric suppliers being hit the hardest immediately.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

Like the process to run cars on water and not gas. And to get 100 miles to the gallon OF gas?

They are out there....but Big Business makes them disappear faster than David Blaine (magician). It hurts the flow of profits.

Oh...and the black box you mentioned? Some call it a "solar panel".

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the american goverment has pulled hundreds of patient's because of national security [allegidly ]
everything you can think off has been invented and hidden away from the masses for profit

just think tesla etc you got to keep us plebs busy

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

999zxcv
the american goverment has pulled hundreds of patient's because of national security [allegidly ]
everything you can think off has been invented and hidden away from the masses for profit

just think tesla etc you got to keep us plebs busy

Hey! I got some snake oil to sell you... cures everything from measles to cancer. No joke! You just read it on the Internet, and if it's on the internet it must be true, no?

While I would agree there are some suspicious claims made in that area, it is also rich fodder for all kinds of conspiracy theories. Not to mention outright fraud.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by gspat

Like the process to run cars on water and not gas. And to get 100 miles to the gallon OF gas?

They are out there....but Big Business makes them disappear faster than David Blaine (magician). It hurts the flow of profits.

Oh...and the black box you mentioned? Some call it a "solar panel".

You do realize that David Blaine's magic is a hoax, right? Slight of hand, tricks, illusion.

The problem with that theory is that if there were a magic answer the company that introduced it, held the patent on it, would make freaking billions. It would not be logical to withhold anything that even approached free energy.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gspat

I don't think that anything major would happen in that scenario. I just think that in that situation, society would be in a state of transition. I think that what you would see first are a lot of nay-sayers saying that that kind of thing is not possible. This would especially come from those who have a vested interest in the previous technology. And then when the new technology is proven as viable, the old technology goes the way of the dinosaur. This happened with the transition from Video and DVD to online streaming. Blockbuster and Hollywood Video (here in the States) closed all their stores. If something more dramatic were to happen, in our society in which everything is televised and visible, trust me, there would be a large outcry from the general public. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but there would be a humongous backlash in the long-term for the offenders (Saudis, Venezuela, etcetera).

But if the technology really threatens to give too much power to the little people, the new technology goes deep underground. My personal opinion is that the technology that is deep underground (and held by the governments) is thousands of years ahead of what's proposed in the OP.

edit on bFri, 28 Feb 2014 01:15:38 -0600am58America/Chicago2amFriday28America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gspat

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If anyone invents something as important as this, forget making money off the sales, put the blueprints alllll over the internet, in classified ads, multiple mailings, all over the media, etc., and get the word out. Make the design so public that the info will be irretrievably out there. The inventor can make PLENTY of money from books, movie rights, speeches, interviews, etc. Is it keeping information like this in a semi-secretive fashion that "protects" it legally that is the downfall of any such ideas. Patents? Forget it. Selling to a large corporation? Nope. The idea will be squashed at best and the inventor and any witnesses killed at a higher interaction level. Get The Word Out First. GIVE it to humanity, its that important! If you feel the need to get rich off it, you can do that AFTERWARD!
edit on 28-2-2014 by jaxnmarko because: grammar

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Insulting much? Of course DB's magic is fake. I was attempting use of a metaphor you obviously didn't get...

And so...you are aware Im sure, that there is an engine that runs on water, and there are also patents on ways to get 100 miles to the gallon of gas?

Both have been pretty much surpressed/bought out by the oil companies who stand to lose BILLIONS of $$$. Just like Tesla's "free energy for everyone". Its there, its here, its real...and we haven't got it. Big business has kicked it off to the side over $$$$.

All of these individual items are easily researched on the internet...and Im sure you do know right...that they are real proven facts??

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gspat

Ill put it like this:

The technology exists now to make every single new home built completely energy neutral. Meaning they would not have to be on the grid.

Why do you think they dont?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join