It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31 Percent Of All Food In America Is Wasted – And Why That Is About To End

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Which Jude raises a good point about. I don't think it's possible for everyone to go back to that type of system. For some in rural areas they may have never left it fully. Now that land and age old family owned farms have been bought up, it is entirely possible that stake holders in the food industry could cut production or limit it to curb population growth.

I'm not sure how much weight such a conspiracy would hold though, since it would seriously hurt the bottom line for the companies who might do so.

So, I don't see it as plausible. But possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Two words:

Ogallala Aquifer.

The Ogallala is under Texas, Kansas, and Nebraska, and overlaps to a few others, and is one of the main sources that have supplied US West coast agriculture for the entire century.

Most reports are saying that baby is down to 20%, and the aquifer takes decades or centuries to replenish with no use. When that dries up, most of the West side of the US will be well-nigh uninhabitable without massive desalinization plants bringing up the difference.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In all honestly. I probably waste about 50+%. I buy a lot for myself and pretty much if it isnt gone in a week it gets trashed. I buy a loaf of bread and maybe make one sandwich...throw it away....if mayo and ketchup and any other condiment in fridge for a month i trash and buy new. That is very regular...hmm...guess i need to start trying to do something about it...i dunno..i just want fresh...single guy...dont do much cooking at the house but usually try to keep enough here just in case lol....its the constant..im going to start cooking for myself vs coming home from work and stopping at a place real quick and not having to worry about cleaning up or cooking

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I keep seeing replies and everyone seems to think this is a natural drought. Weather is and has been controlled by man for the last 10 years or more. Inn the 70's the governments of the world signed a treaty saying they would not use these weather weapons on each other, only on their own population. That was the beginning of WWIII the war on the people. This weather, along with the "global warming' is man made, its done with weather modification techniques, haarp, chemtrails.....
edit on 27-2-2014 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Step #1 got me... So, we control the weather? Or, rather, the govt does? Really?

*sigh*

The rest of your post I liked, enjoyed and agree with except for the parts relating to the govt "controlling" water.

Yeah, stating that the govt will not supply farmers in california with water is somewhat misleading. You assume that the govt could actually, effectively, efficiently, supply them with water to begin with. Not so.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Humankind dances on thin ice but that is how it has always been. We could all be thrown into chaos at any moment that's how fragile our existence actually is. Such is the nature of life. There are those who use this fact to justify their desire to have control over every aspect of our lives. Its quite a tangled knot we have gotten ourselves entangled in. Who's good with knots. Anyone?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What about SPAM?! Do you ever see people throw SPAM away?! I never have. What is in SPAM anyway? I think there's more in there than what they tell you.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how many warehouses packed full of bottled water there may be just waiting to take advantage of a contrived shortage....And if there is a lot of water being hoarded, it is definitely contrived.

Must be nice to have endless amounts of money and political / legal clout to pull such shenanigans and be able to get away with it while profiting from it.

This is what you get....this is what you get, when you mess with us...(Radiohead, Karma Police)

Hmmm Hmmm Dee Dum Dee Dee.....

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Oh yes my friend, you are right. Control the food, and you control the people.
Weather control for profit has been going on for ages - if you have the money...the weather can be brought. One company called Weather Modification Incorporated boasts...

The proven success of Weather Modification, Inc., in atmospheric and weather operations is evident by our lengthy and impressive client listing speaks for itself. Our reputation for successful cloud seeding and meteorological services leads our veteran pilots, experienced meteorologists and radar engineers around the world. Our valued clients include private and public insurance companies, water resource
Go check out their site.
Weather Modification Incorporated
But that's not all. Engineer the food to be a certain way and you can also control the health and thus the mortality of the people. Put limits on essential nutrients needed for survival and you have a perfect recipe for a Eugenics plan of global proportions. Ever heard of Codex Ailimentarius? Heres a link to the most recent publication of their procedure manual.
Codex Ailimentarius - Food Code
In this clip Dr Rima Laibow explains it very well...she is a major voice against this international programme which amounts to nothing less than, as she describes it "nutricide" and a globalist depopulation agenda.Add flouride and aspartime(GMO bacteria's excrement dontcha know?) and the phrase "crimes against humanity" doesnt even come close.Watch and learn people...

But onto what you said about big agra buying up farms....It goes so SO much deeper than that. I highly reccommend reading this article to really open your eyes to what is going on behind the scenes
Frankenfoods on the farm
It just beggars belief what fellow humans can do to their brothers and sisters. And that Soylent Green clip...Hollywood has had a knack for portraying on screen what will be the reality down the track. Now imagine that soylent green is actually a commodity such as energy instead of food for humans (food=energy) and things get really scary. Post about that coming soon....
edit on 28 2.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Step #1 got me... So, we control the weather? Or, rather, the govt does? Really?

*sigh*

The rest of your post I liked, enjoyed and agree with except for the parts relating to the govt "controlling" water.

Yeah, stating that the govt will not supply farmers in california with water is somewhat misleading. You assume that the govt could actually, effectively, efficiently, supply them with water to begin with. Not so.

Your message at the bottom of your post about denying ignorance has compelled me to do just that. You are wrong. I declare you the ignoramus that you preach about and challenge you to learn about the real world and to leave fantasy land yourself.
The government can very much control the weather, and it is unbelievably ignorant for you to assume otherwise. Clearly you have done no research before making these claims. Here, I'll make it easy for you and save you the effort.
Rains manufactured and delivered to texas...
Black saturday bushfires
This leaves me with questions for the corporatocracy you seem to think pass for a government. why did you not call in these guys when Colorado burned? And California? And now?
Government cannot control the weather? Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

TextStep #1 got me... So, we control the weather? Or, rather, the govt does? Really?

*sigh*

Oh yeah...just thought that I should also point out that yes, the government also controls the water....here's a summary of the Clean water restoration act passed in 2009.

Official Summary

4/2/2009--Introduced.Clean Water Restoration Act - Amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to replace the term "navigable waters" that are subject to such Act with the term "waters of the United States," defined to mean all waters subject to the ebb and flow of the tide, the territorial seas, and all interstate and intrastate waters and their tributaries, including lakes, rivers, streams (including intermittent streams), mudflats, sandflats, wetlands, sloughs, prairie potholes, wet meadows, playa lakes, natural ponds, and all impoundments of the foregoing, to the fullest extent that these waters, or activities affecting them, are subject to the legislative power of Congress under the Constitution. Declares that nothing in such Act affects the authority of the Secretary of the Army or the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the provisions of the Clean Water Act related to discharges:
(1) composed entirely of return flows from irrigated agriculture;
(2) of stormwater runoff from certain oil, gas, and mining operations composed entirely of flows from precipitation runoff conveyances, which are not contaminated by or in contact with specified materials;
(3) of dredged or fill materials resulting from normal farming, silviculture, and ranching activities, from upland soil and water conservation practices, or from activities with respect to which a state has an approved water quality regulatory program; or
(4) of dredged or fill materials for the maintenance of currently serviceable structures, the construction or maintenance of farm or stock ponds, irrigation ditches and maintenance of drainage ditches, or farm, forest, or temporary roads for moving mining equipment in accordance with best management practices, or the construction of temporary sedimentation basins on construction sites for which discharges do not include placement of fill material into the waters of the United States.

*sigh*
*chuckle*

Come on man, I am not even American and it seems that I know more about what's going on over there than you.
edit on 1 3.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you for the info. I had not considered this a possibility before!
I don't know if the government is engineering drought but I do realize
that when these farms fail those farmers will have to sell their land
for practically nothing or default on their mortgage but no matter the
result, big agriculture will no doubt be buying up these farms for when
the drought situation is resolved! It is no secret that Americans have
been manipulated for decades by the oligarchs controlling the greedy
political world and now it seems they are going for the throat to keep
us in servitude, weak, disorganized and divided! I will never understand
why so few of us see this and even fewer ever realize the only way to
take back our lives is by refusing to participate in their rigged game!
No matter the cost! May God have mercy on us all!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

sorry to keep nagging you but you really should see this document that completely refutes your claims the government does not control the water. The op was right....no water to be allocated to California - by order of the government.

No water for Caifornia

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Because He is coming.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join