It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese research robot armies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard about the Chinese research program into robotic soldiers that can mate

They plan on creating male and female robots that assess the battle situation and then reproduce by linking their chests together and creating a more advanced robot in relation to the battle field.

The newly created robot starts off small but using materials required it can construct itself to its set parameters by its parents.

Now if this is true we should all be getting worried because they would probably anticipate Nuclear attack as an option to destroy them if they turn aginst us and would create "babies" that are practically invibcible.

Let us Hope that if they exist they dont get too smart and decide were just another obstacle in their way.

Does anyone have anymore info on this topic. If so please post it on this forum and any links containing information will be greatly welcomed.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Good lord! What POSSIBLE use would China have with a robotic army?! They have 1 BILLION soldiers if they need em.

The complexities of designing such a robot, not to mention the A.I. are so insurmountable right now that I have no fears about anyone, let alone the Chinese, achieving this.

Sounds like the Chinese propaganda machine has been huffing some fumes again.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Good lord! What POSSIBLE use would China have with a robotic army?! They have 1 BILLION soldiers if they need em.

The complexities of designing such a robot, not to mention the A.I. are so insurmountable right now that I have no fears about anyone, let alone the Chinese, achieving this.

Sounds like the Chinese propaganda machine has been huffing some fumes again.

You should relax as this is so obviously pulling your leg.

Just read it carefully again.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You should relax as this is so obviously pulling your leg.

Just read it carefully again.

I know my idea doesn't sound convincing but if you look into it deeper i'm sure you'll be more than surprised at what you might find. (wink,wink nudge,nudge) For those of you who still don't get the hint.

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Iknowthelies]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm sure we'll be able to ctonrol them, I hope. If not, we'll be slogging it out against an army of killer robots. A result would be the fill up a country full of all humans, and nuke every other country in the world to get rid of the robots...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Don't worry, Taiwanese nanoswarms and India Magbeams will deal with the offspring...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm waiving a BS flag on this one. Until someone can provide a decent and credible link, this is going to have to go in the same category as 'Camera lens reflection is Planet X!'

J_3

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.geek.com...

Crazy thought that a nation of china's size would consider it, but here is something to take a look at.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very scary, we'll have to develop some good weapons to take these out pretty soon!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I guess China is very concerned about it's citizens and cannot afford to lose even one of their people.......and hopefullly researchers and scientists don't get dumb enough to put human traits on the robots and eventually
(what Iknowthelies said)
"Let us Hope that if they exist they dont get too smart and decide were just another obstacle in their way. "

[edit on 26-11-2004 by BurningAces]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Theory needs source

Where is your source?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Pretty soon we have to rewrite the Geneva Conventions so that wounded robots receive proper treatment.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the 'Second Renaissance on the Animatrix DVD'? It's strikingly similar. I can't tell you how horribly bad this idea is.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Has anyone seen the 'Second Renaissance on the Animatrix DVD'? It's strikingly similar. I can't tell you how horribly bad this idea is.

yeah, thats a great movie. the second renaissance parts were the best part of the movie i think.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Its not hard to believe that China is Trying to make an Unmanned Army. Who isn't?

The US military is going More and more unmanned, from how many people in a aircraft or ship to nobody in the cockpit.
The Navy's ship and subs are carring less and less people, the navy has unmanned subs, and they are also developing a UAV that can be launched from a sub.
The Army though will have the toughest challenge of going unmanned, but they have several projects going on now that are unmanned.

A glimpse into DARPA's future

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by newkids123
Theory needs source

Where is your source?

You cannot not here sarcasm?
I'm sorry if I didn't make it obvious.
Anybody would know that China does not care for ALL of it citizens.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by BurningAces]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

That was one of the best parts of the animatrix. I havent seen I-robot yet but that looked alot like the part with the first robot on trail for killing a human.I loved the part when the had the big war and when the machines took the floor of the UN for the second time.

About robot armies they are comming but not for awhile, Robots are about as smart as a lobotomized cockroach right now something you wouldnt want making up the bulk of your army. Simple task they can handle like fly to point A and drop a bomb then fly back to point B. Human controled is the way to go now. Give then 20-50 years and they will be something to fear on the battle field.

Humans are far cheaper and better for making a army for now. Japan spent 100 million to make a humanoid robot ASIMO and you could push it over with a small push and I doubt the thing would be able to get back up.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The Whole Matrix prinicpal, along with the ideas in Terminator, and i-Robot are a bit off. First off, we have yet to develop AI to anywhere near the point where it becomes a threat to humanity. Second, even if we did, humans are not stupid, we'd install failsafe mechanisms and safe protocalls. Third EMPs are a lot easier to build than Neutron weapons.

I also have yet to see anything in here about China making a robot army! So they have an android that can to Tai -Chi, big deal, Japanese robots can play soccer and American robots can mimic human emotional expressions.

With a billion people, I think their investment in robotics is purely industrial. Does anyone here know how many people in China die in mine disasters anually?

What I figure is this, and no I'm not going to go scour the internet for proof, I have better things to do than worry about a droid army, besides this is based purely on my understanding of economics, Chinese culture, industrial automation and logic.

I think China took one look at how much $ it would cost to bring all of her industries up to global safety standards and then started thinking hard about large scale automation. After all, when a robot gets blown away in a mine explosion or has an arm rended off in a high-speed loom, they really don't have a family that is going to sue the government for lax safety laws.

Sorry everyone but I think the only hostile takeovers this droid army will be a part of will happen in the boardrooms and factory floors only.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I'm waiving a BS flag on this one. Until someone can provide a decent and credible link, this is going to have to go in the same category as 'Camera lens reflection is Planet X!'

Haha although I might agree with that quote^^
China is going to take over the world eventually. Face it.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thats a very interesting topic. In my opinion, im sure that the chinese researchers and manufacturers would have to put some sort of a control device that would stop these robots from turning on there creaters. If not that would be a VERY STUPID thing to do.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Peeder]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join