It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Pink Eyes says sorry for his rude commentary!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I just saw tonight that Mister "Pink Eye" said that perhaps the media was over the top regarding "Sochi" no freeking kidding they were over the top and only one network went to work on that game.

He mentions being overly critical while all or at least most of the athletes just loved the venue.

Funny how on closing night he begins the healing process after two weeks of bitching and bitching.

I wonder who actually told that pink eyed idiot he was out of line from the get go?

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 23-2-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
YEH!! You tell em!! He's a 1% er bitchy, bitch ,bitch..... oooh I'm so rich I get to whine and complain on the Tele

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What did he say that was so bad? I caught some of him and didn't notice anything. I did watch 90% of the games through dvr, but i forget I can skip them sometimes

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Sremmos80
What did he say that was so bad? I caught some of him and didn't notice anything. I did watch 90% of the games through dvr, but i forget I can skip them sometimes

From the get go he promoted the terrible conditions for the media and athletes in Sochi and he would not shut up how bad it was.

Turns out it was a lot better than projected and repeated on National Television day in and day out.

Answer me this if you can?....Why all of a sudden I am sorry on closing night of all things?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Huh, I do recall the reports of poor conditions but didn't hear much about it after ward. I did skip most commentary though.
Don't see the pink as being his way out though, he prob got the pink eye from the conditions and that may be why he overstated how bad they were.
I am sure he got a talking to by the network for his comments and that is why you get the apology.
Not to say the media coverage was no over the top, just didn't see it myself outside the first 2 days

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
dp
edit on rdSun, 23 Feb 2014 19:12:29 -0600America/Chicago220142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by Iwinder

Huh, I do recall the reports of poor conditions but didn't hear much about it after ward. I did skip most commentary though.
Don't see the pink as being his way out though, he prob got the pink eye from the conditions and that may be why he overstated how bad they were.
I am sure he got a talking to by the network for his comments and that is why you get the apology.
Not to say the media coverage was no over the top, just didn't see it myself outside the first 2 days

You can say Huh all you want, the media was rabid in their proclamation that Sochi was a poop hole and now on closing night we get an official apology and you question who and why and where?

In my book when somebody says they are sorry they did something wrong.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Iwinder

Sremmos80
reply to post by Iwinder

You can say Huh all you want, the media was rabid in their proclamation that Sochi was a poop hole and now on closing night we get an official apology and you question who and why and where?

In my book when somebody says they are sorry they did something wrong.

Regards, Iwinder

Huh

"Not to say the media coverage was not over the top, just didn't see it myself outside the first 2 days"

To repeat, I am not disagreeing with you that the media was over the top, but if I don't see for it myself I can't very well agree 100% with you right?
I also agreed that Bob may have been over the line and the network made him apologize..Where am I questioning who why and where?

Also if the network didn't want the bad conditions talk going on then it wouldn't have. That is how network tv works, it is not all mr pink eyes fault, find a nickname for the heads the network that allowed the talk to go on for so long

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't know who this guy is, but would it help to know that today the Olympic rep from Canada as well as 2 members of the national press said they had not received/heard one single complaint, period. The athletes found the venues top notch as well as the accommodations for both themselves and their relatives. They found the Russian people welcoming and friendly. Those games were mind-blowing to watch, the competitions hard and so darned skillfully rendered. I felt as though I were on a vacation from reality in a good way.

I would encourage people to turn off the negative fault-finders and gossipers whose fame rests in slandering others, as they have nothing positive to offer society.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think we all know how Costas REALLY got pink eye.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Costas is an arse hat just like Piers Morgan.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

The media wanted to make Sochi look subpar and backwards because of Putin's stance on the homo thing. That's all, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by aboutface

The media wanted to make Sochi look subpar and backwards because of Putin's stance on the homo thing. That's all, plain and simple.

I think it had something to do with that and a lot to do with the fact that Putin has called Obama out (in a way). I actually did hear someone say Costas got pink eye from washing his face in the water there and everyone just laughed and laughed about it. I can't recall where or when I saw it, but it was before he even went out sick.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

He was just cranky because he had pinkeye, and had to sit there with his pink eyed face being broadcasted all over the world.
How embarrassing... lol

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I wonder if he apologized on his own?
I wonder if he was told to apologize or else?
I wonder if his bosses got the goods sent to them proving all his bitching was basically slander?
No matter what, the damage was done before opening day and they (the media) seemed to be very happy to apply their perceived powers of judgment.
In my opinion only this has got to be the worst show of being negative in a very positive Olympic venue that I can recall.
Heck I am Canadian and the last winter Olympics in Vancouver they had to Helicopter in the snow.
I think also that MR Pink eyes expected the royal room at the Ritz, and a private meal with Putin.....Laughing here just thinking of that one.

What if they hold the next Olympics in the Detroit area? How about the West side just to make things interesting.
Been there and never back after 30 years the fear is still strong and what happened is I almost died just because I was in the wrong hood.

The whole games were ruined from the get go due to the negative media reports, all the while the athletes and spectators had nothing but almost 100% happy experiences there.

Its a crock pot of bad stew.
Thanks to all the members posting their thoughts and ideas on this topic.
ftw.usatoday.com...
The above link makes a mockery of the Media bitching.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 24-2-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He was most likely told to apologize, but we will never really know. What difference does it make? It still happened, an official apology is on the record.
The games were not ruined at all.... If that ruined them for you then invest in a dvr so you can skip them and you will be a lot happier.
I think the munich games have the worst possible negative tone to a other wise positive games. Well IMO any way
And you don't have to worry about the games being in detroit, I am sure that is not up on the ballot. They couldn't afford it

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What difference does it make? It still happened, an official apology is on the record.
reply to post by Sremmos80

It makes a lot of difference, I shoot you today and then I apologize in two weeks after the fact that you had surgery and will never walk again. That seems like a good comparison, criminal regret when standing in front a Judge ( the world in this case)
The negative comments were very intentional, with malice and or slander.
After being called on it they wait till the games are all but done then apologize.

If you cant see that, then whatever you do, resist the urge to walk in the dark, I almost fear for you my friend.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What ruins the games for me is knowing that all that money is spent on a bunch of elitist assholes and the poor and needy get it up the gigi every time....I don't watch, I don't care, they can all eat # and die for the life of me......

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Iwinder

What difference does it make? It still happened, an official apology is on the record.

It makes a lot of difference, I shoot you today and then I apologize in two weeks after the fact that you had surgery and will never walk again. That seems like a good comparison, criminal regret when standing in front a Judge ( the world in this case)
After being called on it they wait till the games are all but done then apologize.

If you cant see that, then whatever you do not walk in the dark, I almost fear for you my friend.

Regards, Iwinder

No being shot and being a newscaster with pink eye is not the same thing
Obviously the network did not care either since they waited till the end of the games, why are you not mad at them? For all you know when they saw his eyes they egged it on. He could have just been doing his job...
He is the talking head, others tell him what to say.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Iwinder

If you cant see that, then whatever you do not walk in the dark, I almost fear for you my friend.

Regards, Iwinder

No being shot and being a newscaster with pink eye is not the same thing
Obviously the network did not care either since they waited till the end of the games, why are you not mad at them? For all you know when they saw his eyes they egged it on. He could have just been doing his job...
He is the talking head, others tell him what to say.

I know being shot at and being a newscaster is not the same thing, I think you missed my point and that is the damage was done even before the games started.

He was doing his job alright and got called on it either by his bosses or the Public.
I sure as heck am mad at the Network because they call the shots and the apology speech was two weeks too late.
Yes he is a well paid talking head just like the rest of the lot, but you must remember this is a world event for all to see, and unfortunately his untruths hit the internet like a wild fire.

The damage was done before the first event, nothing will change the world view on this arsehole.
You don't happen to work for any "Network" do you?

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join