It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A widescale UFO hoax planned for April?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The original discussion at the site has vanished, as has the spreadsheet of participants. The word got out and they've had to tighten security. I doubt they'll cancel, but may change dates again to avoid heat.

If it happens, it should provide a good opportunity to gauge reports vs a known stimulus on a fairly widespread scale. Unlike the real UFOs, these guys want their craft to be seen.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
All right, I'll just throw this out here before the die-hard believers say it:

This a disinformation campaign to cover a real sighting. TPTB know something is arriving and by making hoax UFO's, it gives them plausible deniability. You didn't see anything...it was the Hoaxers!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Cool info! Not sure on the scale exactly. It's not like every tom dick and harry has a quadcopter/RC toy with lights on it lying around.

On one hand, it perhaps seems a little irresponsible to do it en-mass, for safety reasons. But on the other hand, after reading that Italian football match story - it also serves as a possible way to coax the buggers out to come and have a looksee at what's going on. They're going to love lots of little lights flying around all over the world at the same time
Imagine if we could fly a million of them around all over say one country or such, I bet that'd look awesome from a plane, or UFO..

Well, will see what said date brings, and keep it in mind if I see anything. Hopefully better pilots than me and my quad otherwise a lot of people will be waking up to thuds on their roofs.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
what if.......... some people, say in some secret government department(s), knew in a advance of an imminent mass sighting, of a genuinely alien nature, and fiendishly planted a story like this beforehand, in order to cause maximum confusion and dismissal of reports when 'it' happened?

ok i'm stretching here i know. just a thought.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We have an arsenal too y'know. Everyone set their HD camcorders to 0 lux/nightshot, turn your stabilization on* and manual focus on and learn how to bloody use it beforehand. Anyone with buckets of cash, get your IR nightscopes and Yukon Rangers out. We'll still be VERY easily able to tell the RC's from the ET's.

Brush up on your basic facts. When UFO's are low they are HUGE. When they are high they are VERY FAST. When you are in one you are typically naked on a table. When they rise from behind houses and have a flight time of about 10-20 minutes max and then disappear behind houses again THEY ARE RC.

RC items are going to have to land at some point. Aliens/true-fo's leave in the opposite direction.

Quite who these RC folks think they can ACTUALLY fool is beyond me. Perhaps some old people who RC/quadcopters with LED's on are not used to. The only other set of people to be fooled surely will be absolute idiots. And those folks will spark up in the form of mobile phone videos with lots of shouting.

Anyway, if it gets more people out looking that's a good thing, because someone is going to see the genuine article that night I don't doubt that.

* May not work with manual focus on, but manual focus is much more important, definitely prioritize manual focus!!

edit on 25-2-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Since all these RC people work on the night crew from 6pm to 4 at Wal Mart this is a non-issue.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Non of the links seem to work for me. When you say 8pm which time zone?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My boyfriend did this once and unknowingly and with no intention, sparked a UFO report of a "black triangle":

Which got reported in the local media due to the National UFO Reporting Center:
nuforc.org...

Like I've been saying 99% of UFOs are misidentifications or hoaxes. The 1% that remains a mystery are so crowded out by all the other noise of misidentification and hoaxes that it makes studying them very hard if not impossible in today's environement.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KaDeCo

Joking aside, though, I can see that such a stunt would actually provide useful information for researchers. If you knew exactly what craft were actually being piloted (e.g. a craft shaped like X, which is Y feet in diameter, moving at Z miles per hour and illuminated with, say, blue lights) then it would be interesting to compare the actual UFO reports that came in and see how distorted eyewitness reports could actually be.

e.g. witnesses very often seem to report great sizes and speeds for objects even though there is generally no way of knowing the distance to an unknown object that is up in the sky. Would a 2ft drone suddenly turn into a 40ft-wide disc travelling at impossible speeds when seen in the wild?
edit on 26-2-2014 by Rob48 because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
oh wouldn't it be fun the prank the prankters.... I'm thinking Zombie or werewolf attack.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
There is a sinister side to this as well. The people behind the UMMO Affair staged UFO sightings to dupe innocents into confirming their hoax. There is reason to believe that UMMO was the product of a conspiracy involving potentially hostile intelligence agencies.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Let the kids have their fun!

1- we'll have bazillions of blue ufo video's hit YouTube all at the same time.

2- point well taken, this will be educational as far as gauging witness reports and accuracy.

3- worst thing is we flush out some real UFO's/unexplained beings. When stalled out it's always a plan to force a reaction. This just might do it?

4- the earth will be all blue & white from space with sparklies! Oooooo...aaaaahhhh....it's so pretty!!!!

Seriously the worst that could happen is multitudes of RC get crashed via operator error, these guys get a nice cold (my area) being out there mucking about, since the olympics are over it's a little bit of unexpected excitement. RC's (I think) can't fly high enough to disrupt air traffic anyways.

Now if we could just get them to synchronize and make light patterns in the sky?
Arial crop circles anyone?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show Thread With Listening Information

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Actually, the worst that can happen is that some New Age mind control cult has been claiming that their fleet of flying saucers are on their way from Camelopardolus, and that they will arrive in April. When suddenly even the major news media are covering a huge flap of UFOs all across the world, their claims will appear to have been verified. After that, any BS they post, such as photoshopped photos of their Fearless Leader in a "secret meeting" with the President, will be accepted as fact. There is no end to the potential damage such a cult could wreak.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Awesome link. Yes the truth is coming out..and no amount of debunking is gonna stop it.

reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

DISRAELI
From my memories of ATS discussion a couple of years back, a different internet group was reported as planning a "world-wide hoax" of their own.
As far as I remember, their plan was simpler- "We will send in multiple reports to TV stations and watch them panic".
Nothing happened, though. It just fell flat.

Now they just make up and post youtube video's!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Now if we could just get them to synchronize and make light patterns in the sky?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Found this^ by happen stance,now lemme put my conspiracy cap on ATS style, what better way of covering up a real mass Alien invasion?? or gathering?? in our skies( pick your choice ) than to produce fake alien crafts to cloud that event...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

That was a seriously freakin' awesome video, "enchanting" might be an appropriate word to use
Maybe people assuming dancing lights in the sky = teh alienz might rethink the possibilities knowing people can put that video's choreagraphy together. You never know what kind of hobbyists are out there!

I doubt there's going to be clogged up 911 lines if they do this hoax. And if there is, fine every one of them big-time, no sympathy. Sometimes a fool needs to be trolled something fierce to reconnect with reality.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join