It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and Belief

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

graphuto

AfterInfinity

Because if you did it in order to make room for one more soul at his table, that would be the ultimate act of love and kindness. Is that not its own reward? Or are you only being kind so YOU can benefit from it?

"Make room for one more?"

1-1+1 = 1

It's a lot simpler than that really. The Creator said (paraphrase) "Have faith in me."
So I do.
To bring it back full circle to the OP : "Believe"

edit on 23-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

Nice math work. But it comes down to the same thing: either you're doing it for yourself or you're doing it for others. If you're doing it for others, why not vacate and leave an empty seat for someone else? Why not give a random person your ticket to heaven because it's the best thing that will ever happen to them? Isn't "random acts of kindness" the sort of game Christians love playing?

You are avoiding the point I am making here, and I think it's because I hit it square on the head. You're not being virtuous because you're a nice person, you're doing it because you want to save your own ass. And for that, I don't think you have a ticket to heaven. Which is why you couldn't give up your seat even if you wanted to. So to bring it full circle, "believing" isn't enough. You have to genuinely want to help people. And if your own hide is the first on your list of priorities, you're going to have some serious conflicts of interest.

Thanks for playing. Have a good one.
edit on 23-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Like I said, I didn't want to answer the question to begin with because it's a hypothetical that doesn't exist. But yes. I realize that there is something much bigger than me. I realize that there HAS to be more to life than just this mortal existence. I realize from the beauty of the world that it didn't just poof itself into existence; It was created.

Have you ever actually really read much Bible? We've had it in it's current form for the past 400 years/

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The first on my list of priorities is to believe that God is who He says He is. Which consequently is the first commandment. Everything else is secondary.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Thanks for playing. Have a good one.

And after all of the mental gymnastics and hypotheticals, you reveal your true intentions as well.

This is a game to you. To try and get people to renounce their faith and beliefs. The name of the game is the same as it has been since the beginning of creation.

"Did God really say that?"
"Did God really mean that?"

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
..."jesus christ" people are for ever s~~~~d i think

just chill down, throw your illusions and false faiths out of the window and get real!
here, watch some spaceweather... and welcome in electric universe

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join