It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Hell and Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
For the topics of Hell and Satan, I have one thought that I am convinced is absolutely true.
It is this:

"There is no God-given Hell that can be worse than the Hell we create for ourselves."

Luke 17:21
"You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."

If the Kingdom of God is already among us, then why should we believe that Hell will wait for us to die to show itself?
Hell is not a place to which we go when we die, but a dark hole in our hearts where we can become a prisoner of our own device.
Hell itself is the prison of sin(doubt), but if we follow God's Law, we will be set free from the bondage of doubt,
we will exit our own private Hell, and we will enter the Kingdom of God.

So then, where is Satan, if Hell is inside of us?
The answer is simple, and it is why I am so convinced of the truth I stated above.

You are your own Satan. You are the only adversary that can tie you to the bondage of doubt and sin.
After all, who knows you better than yourself? Who knows what will make you stumble and fall?
Who knows what will burn away your faith, until there is naught left but ashes?
Only you and God know these things, but God will not burn your faith.
God will not turn you to ashes, because God's will is that none should perish.
So then, only we have the power and the knowledge to step on our own toes,
to destroy our own faiths and beliefs, and to do damage to our own souls.
It is us. We are Satan,
but when we have defeated the Satan inside of us,
then will our faith be made strong, and our love be made perfect,
and then will our God be made known and His Glory and Power be made manifest.

The serpent from the book of genesis was the Satan inside of Adam.
It was allowed by God to manifest to teach mankind the truth about Good and Evil.
Satan is the part of Adam that doubted God's Word, that allowed him to eat the fruit,
despite the warning label that said it was poisonous.
You can find this so-called Satan in every person that ever lived,
although some small number has been able to successfully silence that part of themselves.
It is the part of you that has doubts where it is without knowledge,
it is the part of you that says something is false, when you do not have any proof,
it is the part of you that would rather live comfortably in ignorance than sacrifice comfort for truth,
and it answers to your name.

I'm not saying that to be a skeptic is to be a slave of Satan.
I'm only saying that all unhealthy skepticism is the result of leaving your Satan unchecked.
Satan is the only one who can lock you up in the dark,
tell you that you are actually in the light,
and you would believe him.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Interesting theory indeed

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
so if we are satan how can the spirit indwell

If this is hell why do I have hope

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

robbeh
Interesting theory indeed

Yes, a very interesting perspective indeed. I know there is god, the heaven, hell is in us too but never thought about satan. Seems legit because in fair justice, we always can blame to satan, but its not fair for him if its all our fault but him to blame, if its inside us, now thats something we cant escape and we sure are to blame.
Hmmm, I will discuss a lot about this.

If this is correct, it will explain a lot of weird phenomena regarding faith.
edit on 22-2-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

GodIsRelative

Luke 17:21
"You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."

Jesus was saying that about the upcoming "Kingdom of God". He was not implying that they, at the time, were experiencing the Kingdom of God.

Though... that verse always made me wonder why Christians think that the new Heaven will be so amazing. If they don't even notice it, it sounds a bit underwhelming.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

He was not implying that they, at the time, were experiencing the Kingdom of God.
It was there, then, in the person of Jesus.
The actual kingdom itself is the church, and we are in it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

"There is no God-given Hell that can be worse than the Hell we create for ourselves."
You could say that there isn't a "god-given" hell anyway.
Why would it have to be a creation of God?
Hell would just be a natural part of the universe that deals with the eternal spirits of people when they no longer have a functioning body.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Cuervo

He was not implying that they, at the time, were experiencing the Kingdom of God.
It was there, then, in the person of Jesus.
The actual kingdom itself is the church, and we are in it.

This is it in context:

20Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”c

22Then he said to his disciples, “The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. 23People will tell you, ‘There he is!’ or ‘Here he is!’ Do not go running off after them. 24For the Son of Man in his dayd will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other. 25But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

26“Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28“It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

30“It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. 32Remember Lot’s wife! 33Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36]e

37“Where, Lord?” they asked.

He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.”

To me, it sounds like he's talking about the future.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this perspective. I had come to a similar understanding. Mankind rarely want to accept responsibility for their own misdeeds, it is only logical that they would create someone to blame aka Satan and demons. what one individual does can have repercussions to others...it is not the work of Satan...but the irresponsibility of another like themselves. Own up to your own responsibility towards all and find forgiveness within.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

What does ". . . is in your midst” mean?
edit on 22-2-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OH...My ...God

Christians can learn...

Im completely shocked

S&F
edit on 22-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Cuervo

What does ". . . is in your midst” mean?

"Tomorrow, at BurgerKing, people will say 'Where are my fries? Where are my milkshakes?' but they are in your midst."

You see? It's still future-tense.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

"Tomorrow, at BurgerKing, people will say 'Where are my fries? Where are my milkshakes?' but they are in your midst."

You see? It's still future-tense.
But that is not the construct in Luke 17.
The Pharisees asked Jesus when the kingdom will come.
Jesus is pointing out that they were wrong in thinking that the kingdom can be described as a future event.
He says that it isn't something that people will know by its being pointed out as being over here or over there.
There is no future aspect in connection to its being in existence. That is in the present.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Revelation 22:16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Christ, The Morning Star will return as Light rising in The Heart.

Matthew 7:12-13
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

TextIf the Kingdom of God is already among us, then why should we believe that Hell will wait for us to die to show itself?

What do you mean when you say the kingdom of God is already among us? Could you please explain this?

Before Jesus died all spirits of humans were contained in Sheol, which is the underworld of spirits. Within this underworld were separated areas for the good and bad spirits of people and among these areas were hell and paradise. The good spirit would be contained in paradise (Abraham’s Bosom) while the bad spirit was contained in hell. This is the doctrine that Jesus preached.

As the Christ Jesus died, he then presented Himself to those spirits who were in Sheol and were to be salvaged and led them out of the bondage of the underworld and into the celestial realm of the kingdom of God (kingdom of heaven). These were the first to be resurrected from a naked terrestrial spirit to a clothed celestial spirit. Paradise was thus removed from the terrestrial earth to the celestial third heaven's New Jerusalem.

Within this celestial paradise are the trees of life and the water of life which offers eternal celestial life. The kingdom of heaven, which Jesus preached, was not revealed to people until He died. The reason being that His blood must create the new covenant which will allow those in Sheol to enter New Jerusalem. That kingdom of heaven is the New Jerusalem which replaced the earthly paradise. The book of Isaiah reveals this and verifies John’s Revelation in the last two chapters of Isaiah.

Since the New Jerusalem has been given at Jesus’ death, all righteous spirits now are contained in the celestial New Jerusalem while the unrighteous spirits remain in this earth in Sheol. As a soul dies, that spirit of that soul is immediately judged and sentenced. If found unworthy it is still contained in hell as a unclothed naked spirit till the last day. If a spirit is found worthy, it is given a celestial garment and a new name written on a white stone and allowed eternal life in the celestial New Jerusalem. All souls who die before the last day are treated in this same manner and are not re tried in the last day of the white throne judgment. All souls who are alive at the last day will face the white throne judgment of Christ Jesus.

Now in reference to a Satan. A Satan is anyone who is against God. An Antichrist is the same. There are many Satan’s and there are many Antichrists but a Satan is a celestial entity while an Antichrist is a terrestrial entity. All are independent entities who are against God and not a figment of imagination.
----------
Revelation 12:7-9 - (7) - And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, (8) - And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. (9) - And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Isaiah 14:12 -15 - (12)-How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! (13) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: (14) -I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (15) Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

2nd Peter 2:4- For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

All four men have referenced this entity called Lucifer (Satan, Devil) and all agree that these angels are now contained in this terrestrial earth called hell. This should show that these angels are not loosed upon the world as demons such as many people believe. Demons are not fallen angels and in fact demons are not celestial entities whatsoever.

As Jesus was upon this earth, He fought many demons and was tempted by Satan’s but this was not Lucifer as you can plainly see. Lucifer is in hell and has been in hell since before Noah repopulated this earth. Jesus was tempted by a Satan but it was not Lucifer.
God’s perfect will is that not one will perish. That is true but then you must remember that God has a perfect will and a permissive will. Today as since the days of the flood, we are living in the permissive will of God. If we were living in God’s perfect will the universe would not exist.

My last thought in this post is that of sin. Sin came from heavenly order. Sin is actually the practice of evil and yet evil was created by God.

Isaiah 45:7 – “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things”.

Lucifer did not invent sin but he embraced sin. God has created unrighteousness as the opposite of righteousness. How else would creation have knowledge? Could we understand heat without cold? All knowledge is the choice of opposites otherwise knowledge would not exist. Wisdom is the fruit of knowledge and this is the gift that was offered even in the Gan Eden. Without the tree of knowledge and the tree of life, a choice could not have been made nor sin be revealed. So in death we have the tree of life restored in paradise with the gift of knowledge. God did not create evil in malice but only as a teaching tool to learn to love. Love is the only creation that survives the terrestrial man. Lucifer did not embrace love but chose evil.

The Serpent also embraced evil and would not repent but taught his will to the creation. Eve embraced this spirit of disobedience by choice without realizing the repercussions but it was still not the perfect will of God. With grace, god instilled knowledge into His creation and restored paradise to those who will choose His New Jerusalem.

All of this discussion is bible based in the 1611 KJV bible along with the answer as to the child who has been aborted, the mentally handicapped and the children who have not reached accountability. I am amazed that organized religion will not reveal this to the people.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
The Greek word in this version translated as "habitation" means position, so you don't need to think of them like living in a house and deciding to take up residence elsewhere.
It probably means how they switched loyalties and were doing things for someone other than God.
Of course this is according to some myth, apparently, and is used to illustrate the real point of the discussion, which is that if we are lower than the angels, then we cannot expect any less punishment for deliberately taking sides against God.

Isaiah 45:7 – “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things”.
This is reference to the fact that their country was destroyed and taken over by the empires of Assyria and Babylon.
The question is if their God was weak and the foreign gods were stronger.
The explanation that allows Israel's god to be powerful is that He allowed the destruction and loss as a punishment for Israel's sin.
edit on 25-2-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join