It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A definitive end to alien/ufo conspiracy theories is near...here's why.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Good point OP. Space tourism will be a very good thing for this. Might be some years before the first decent video footage but it's certainly in the pipeline. As the frequency of passengers increases I'm sure the encounters up there will do too, to the point where it's undeniable fact. Fastwalkers are up there in the day as much as they are at night

I'm just curious what the US Gov is going to do/concoct in order to either a) save it's own lying ass or b) get on board with the truth

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Did you read the source link? Maybe not - It was talking about celebreties, not tv shows.

And from the same article:

ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Alexander the Great

Sometime in 322 BC, Alexander the Great's massive army came to a strategic river crossing in eastern Persia. Just as they were about to ford the river, two objects described as silvery shields with fire spitting from their rims appeared in the sky. The UFOs frightened the Macedonian army so badly, many of the soldiers refused to cross the river, temporarily stalling Alexander's attempt to conquer the world.

Again here is the source link:
www.trutv.com...

edit on 22-2-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Go back a page.

And It is still "Tru Tv Sponsered."
edit on 2/22/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
From the same aforementioned article:

15 CELEBRITIES WHO SAW UFOS

DAN AYKROYD

Dan Aykroyd

Longtime UFO buff Dan Aykroyd might own the most famous ET "non-sighting." It happened back in the 80s when the SNL funnyman woke up in the middle of the night and told his wife: "They are calling me. I want to go outside." His wife suggested he go back to sleep. The next day people all over upstate New York reported having the same urge to go outside at three in the morning. Those that heeded the call saw a tremendously large pink spiral hovering in the sky.

15 CELEBRITIES WHO SAW UFOS
www.trutv.com...
edit on 22-2-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

What the hell is your point?
Are you just posting things for the sake of posting?
edit on 2/22/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

enthuziazm

Background

Over the next few decades, private companies such as SpaceX and Orbital Technologies will become the primary gateways to low earth orbit and beyond. With space tourism, colonization, and resource extraction becoming a real possibility, millions of civilians will have access to space. When this milestone is reached, it will be impossible to hide the existence of any extra-terrestrial presence. Therefore, if the highly unlikely existence of a global alien cover up is true, they only have a few more years to enjoy it. I for one won't hold my breath.
edit on 21-2-2014 by enthuziazm because: spelling error

edit on 21-2-2014 by enthuziazm because: youtube videos did not work

edit on 21-2-2014 by enthuziazm because: youtube problems should be fixed now

Yup that right there....it will be the civilians that start recording videos of things and seeing things....or not....in these civilian flights....within 10 years things will be common knowledge because of all the witnesses we have. What scares me the most....as Im a huge believer in this stuff.....is if they come back down after a decade and see nothing....hahaha

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

pointr97
reply to post by enthuziazm
[

25, you are so young you don't even know how young you are and how much life you have to live and experience. The moment you experience something that absolutely blows your mind and is explainable in your own head will change you to being a bit more open minded.

This. Well said, sir.

To the OP: your argument is solid, but you are wrong. I'm sorry I can't prove it to you, I really am but I have seen with my own eyes, multiple times. My mind has been blown multiple times. When i saw my first UFO up close and personal my mind wasnt blown by the fact that they are real; my mind was blown By the realization that the government was lying! Blown by the realization of the sheer magnitude of the lies. This whole construct we live in is a lie maintained through unfathomable secrecy.

Keep living, keep searching for the truth.

edit on 22-2-2014 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by captainradon

About 1996 to 1998, At the time I dismissed it from my mind as I had a lot of day to day matters to consider, I tried to find a rational explanation but other than a silent (At least over the gale force wind) aircraft with a circular shape which I have never heard of that flew at jet fighter type velocity (we see the odd Typhoon jet's flying over, very noisy and very fast though they tend to do there training over the snowdonia in wales not far from us, were the valleyed terrain can hone the pilot's ground attack and navigation skill's, As we are in the north west of England), it was unilluminated and had I not looked up I would never have been any the wiser to it's existence, one thing I did feel I left out was a spike of fear but I felt defencive against it as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am of the camp that currently Earth is "undiscovered" by any other intelligent life. Had it been discovered we would most likely have fallen victim to whatever race is sailing the Universe. This picture comes to mind often when wondering why we have ZERO proof of alien space faring life.

Forgot to add; This is a picture of how far our radio signals have traveled from Earth. Mind you this is only the Milky-Way Galaxy and not the universe.

edit on 22-2-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Till you have a sighting that is irrefutable....you cannot begin to understand whats happening....
Let me assure you that there REALLY ARE physical UFOs in and out of our atmosphere.....
That much is fact!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Not what I said.

I did not even remotely state that these factors were a "basis for credibility."

What I DID say, however (summing it up for you since you don't get it) is that some people have a lot to lose and won't take the chance to claim they seen anything "out of the ordinary." And that although society has come a long way in not demonizing these subjects we still haven't come far enough to fully allow for them in every sociological spectrum. What may be OK to talk about in one social group can mean the difference between your high-paying career and being "that guy" in another.

Ah, I apologize, honest mistake. And I can definitely agree with you on that point. People with power, or a lot to lose, generally are not keen to rock the boat if they don't have to.

However, this is something that was brought up by AlienView a few posts ago...and it needs to be discussed...
Just because someone is a celebrity, has billions of dollars, or is generally well known, does not make their claims any more valuable. While yes it could be said that their convictions would have to surpass their desire for social acceptance, it still only means they feel what they experienced is important enough to make public.

I can guarantee you this...and all scientists on this planet would agree...
if someone could produce ANY hard evidence at all (hd video with a clear and distinct unaltered view of a craft, an unaltered photograph of a clear distinct object of being of ET origin, an artifact which could not have been made or produced on earth, literally anything that science can work with), every relevant scientist on earth would be ALL OVER IT. Even if it was a homeless person with a digital camera, a mentally handicapped person with an iPhone, or a 5 year old playing with an iPod, it would not matter. It would be the single most important discovery in human history.

If anyone thinks that planetary scientists, astrobiologists, cosmologists, astronomers, theoretical physicists, etc. are not interested in discovering life beyond our planet, then you need to take a deep breath and think about the billions upon billions of dollars that have been spent on SETI, rovers on Mars, Hubble, Kepler, and countless other projects which have and continue to search the cosmos for ANYTHING that could point to extraterrestrial life, let alone intelligence.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

enthuziazm
Over the next few decades, private companies such as SpaceX and Orbital Technologies will become the primary gateways to low earth orbit and beyond. With space tourism, colonization, and resource extraction becoming a real possibility, millions of civilians will have access to space. When this milestone is reached, it will be impossible to hide the existence of any extra-terrestrial presence. Therefore, if the highly unlikely existence of a global alien cover up is true, they only have a few more years to enjoy it.

So which is it? A few more years or the next few decades for you to prove or disprove the conspiracy?

You've left yourself a large window here.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Ok, let me ask you this. If an extraterrestrial race has the capability of travelling through interstellar space, hide themselves from detection on a mass level, and do not want their presence known except to the United States government...why would you or anyone else be so privileged? It's ridiculous to claim "you just know" because you have "seen things." These types of arguments are exactly the same as metaphysical claims of being touched by god, or seeing angels visit you in your sleep. So you can believe whatever you want, but until you have something circumstantial, it's essentially faith.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enthuziazm

You actually said..."I tried to keep aliens and UFO's as a general term". General term? Yeah. My neighbor is from Mexico and is a legally employed "alien".

And a "UFO" isn't ABLE to be I-dentified. Its un-identifiable. But, you..as you've stated... made them "space-ships" and "little green men"...generally speaking....when you are trying to address specifics here.

And that means...or implies at the very least....your generalizations...aren't specific enough. Otherwise, you may have had a case there.

Because sometimes..."aliens" are from other countries and not planets...and "ufos'...by their very definition...are NOT identifiable. (Otherwise they'd be referred to as IFOS).

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

by their very definition...are NOT identifiable.

No. By definition they are unidentified. UFO does not mean unidentifiable flying object.

This would be based on things like eyewitness reports ("I don't know what it was") or a lack of sufficient information, none of which imply that they are unidentifiable given better data.

edit on 2/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The documentary "I know what I saw" had astronauts, politicians, researchers, scientists, heads of UFO government projects, religious leaders etc....appear all affirming that they are real, are here, are coming and going from here, and will keep doing so as they always have.

So that one documentary should be all the proof needed, so perhaps you've not seen it...or don't accept it?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Frith

enthuziazm
Over the next few decades, private companies such as SpaceX and Orbital Technologies will become the primary gateways to low earth orbit and beyond. With space tourism, colonization, and resource extraction becoming a real possibility, millions of civilians will have access to space. When this milestone is reached, it will be impossible to hide the existence of any extra-terrestrial presence. Therefore, if the highly unlikely existence of a global alien cover up is true, they only have a few more years to enjoy it.

So which is it? A few more years or the next few decades for you to prove or disprove the conspiracy?

You've left yourself a large window here.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying a specific date, I'm just saying that over the next few years, the private space industry is going to have a large presence in space. Then over a few decades, millions of civilians will have access to space due to these companies.

SpaceX already has a contract with NASA to resupply the ISS with their Dragon capsule. This capsule is fitted with video cameras in order to capture the entire sequence of take off and docking.

Virgin Galactic, while not technically reaching space, will be high enough for occupants to experience micro gravity, see the curvature of the earth, and observe the blackness of space.

Bigelow is developing inflatable space stations, beginning with an attachment to the ISS to prove viability.

Therefore, civilians will have the opportunity to see space for themselves, rather than rely on photographs and videos of space which are claimed by conspiracy theorists to be airbrushed.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well since what we see 1 million light years away happened 1 million years ago, humanity would need to thrive for a couple million other years in order to just have a glimpse of the universes observers to see activity on earth.

To achieve the technology needed to travel at light year/over light year speed is so advanced that genetics, cloaking, energy technologies would also be advanced tenfold by any species to visit/examining/protecting the earth.

Your claim OP about the non-existence of UFO's is based on more than primitive understanding of the universe compared to any aliens that could be visiting us. An alien could have been behind your back laughing at your ignorance while you we're writing your OP.

Your claim is just out of your league.
edit on 22-2-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

FIrst of all, look at the forum you are replying in. Do you honestly think it would be on topic to discuss border control in California?
And as far as the word UFO goes, obviously it does not = aliens. I never said it does.

And that means...or implies at the very least....your generalizations...aren't specific enough. Otherwise, you may have had a case there.

If I was posting this on a forum which had nothing to do with the topic at hand, then what you are saying would be more relevant. Instead of making my post longer than it already was, I decided to generalize in the context of this forum.
If you would like more clarification...I'm referring to "conspiracies related to the presence of ET's, and the ET orgin of UFO's".

Why not discuss the main point I was trying to make, rather than wasting a post on semantics?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I completely agree. Our knowledge and technology is so behind what would be required of a type 2 civilization that we cannot fathom what it would be capable of.

However, the problem I'm trying to address in this post lies in the simplicity of claims made by people. A vast majority of claims are created in the imaginations of people with limited scientific knowledge. Therefore, they can be disproved quite easily. What I'm saying, is that as most current conspiracy theories stand concerning government cover-ups and visitations, they rely on exclusive access to space by the federal government. Once millions of civilians have spent time in space, they will have a chance to see what is actually going on. It will just squash many of the ridiculous claims that the US government is airbrushing space photos, has knowledge we don't about visitations, etc..

Someone will always see something or experience something, whether its out of a spaceship window, from a rover on mars, or a base on the moon, and it's the job of science and reason to explain this.
edit on 22-2-2014 by enthuziazm because: clarity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join