It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First New Madrid Earthquake Possible? June 13th, 2014?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am curious on one point here, and it's a bit of a stickler thing...but that's me. Mr. Picky on some things.

The OP mentioned the two nearby seismic zones are not, in fact, seismic zones in their own right with their own geology to support it, but are actually extensions and direct segments of the larger New Madrid Seismic Zone. I'm certainly not a Geologist and so, am a bit confused on this.

As I understand it, the seismic zones are determined and have borders set by the distinct change in geology and fault history/lines as they apply to one area or collection vs. another. How they aren't related, perhaps being more important.

I'm always interested in how the Lettered folks of the Hard Sciences may turn out to be outright wrong on something, and living fairly close to the NMZ as a personal interest adds to it. Can you explain why those two other zones are not separate but actually integral parts of the larger zone?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I am curious on one point here, and it's a bit of a stickler thing...but that's me. Mr. Picky on some things.

The OP mentioned the two nearby seismic zones are not, in fact, seismic zones in their own right with their own geology to support it, but are actually extensions and direct segments of the larger New Madrid Seismic Zone. I'm certainly not a Geologist and so, am a bit confused on this.

As I understand it, the seismic zones are determined and have borders set by the distinct change in geology and fault history/lines as they apply to one area or collection vs. another. How they aren't related, perhaps being more important.

I'm always interested in how the Lettered folks of the Hard Sciences may turn out to be outright wrong on something, and living fairly close to the NMZ as a personal interest adds to it. Can you explain why those two other zones are not separate but actually integral parts of the larger zone?

Basically, because they simply lie about it and also because in some ways they are totally clueless about it. They don't want you to know how big New Madrid fault zone is, and thus how truly dangerous and powerful it is. So they just outright lie about it and make up all kinds of BS about it. That's one of the biggest lies they tell about it.

The biggest one of course is the magnitude of the quakes themselves, which they take off about 1.5 to 2 points from the scale these days. Which of course is an outrageous thing to do, but that is what they do. It's all part of the games they play with this fault zone. If you are a geologist and you study the fault and call them out on it, they will tell you that it has to be done for economic reasons. They can't have tens of millions of people and the whole of the Mississippi river region suddenly turn into a vast wasteland, because if everyone moved away. It would destroy the country economically.

And that is what would happen, if they ever told people the truth about the fault and the real dangers involved. That's the excuse they give.

But even that's BS, because if you ask them, they don't seem to have the slightest clue as to what New Madrid is. Like University of Memphis or University of Saint Louis, these are supposed to be the top experts on the fault zone, and they seriously seem to have no clue at all about what it really is. The best they seem to get to is maybe not totally denying that it's a failed rift system, if you really pushed them on it......

Although, they act like they don't really believe that at all, and really just think yeah, it's just a bigger system than they admit, with Wabash and things like that added in. But even the sadder part is that it's not even a failed rift zone. So even if they believed that (which I can tell they don't even believe that - they would still be incompetent).

New Madrid is obviously without any doubt what is called a failed triple junction. And this is by far the most dangerous kind of fault zone. Now some people on YouTube push some ideas like, it's a result of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs and say it hit thousands of years ago (not millions of years ago), and some say from that asteroid and it was millions of years ago, and some people on YouTube are big pushers on the idea that New Madrid is all from post glacial rebound, and a lot of people think this is some real new theory that people came up with on YouTube.......it's not. That's an old theory, that was actually quite heavily thought of, and even once was considered as the mainly accepted reason for the big New Madrid quakes and other such mid-continent quakes like that, and why the quakes there are so huge.

But over time that theory stopped being the mainly accepted theory in geology, and now it's still an idea a lot of geologists have, but it's certainly not what is accepted as what causes New Madrid quakes. The problem with that theory is that the pressure should be lessening, and after these mega quakes over the last 4,500 years in that region it isn't. So that's really a nonsense theory.

The failed rift idea, is this idea that the two plates are splitting apart and not connected and tried to split apart under the crust, where it cracked, like in Africa's great rift valley. Just that because of the Mississippi River, the sediment covers up the rift - that the plates are pulling apart and just have not split apart yet.

The asteroid theory is that the crust and plates are cracked from the asteroid and that's what caused the New Madrid zone and that's also why you have the volcanic activity in Arkansas. Because there is a hole there in the crust where the magma chamber is exposed.

Then there is official USGS geology BS that you can read anywhere, and is all over the internet that you are citing.....pure fiction, fantasy, and nonsense for the most part.

All of the above stuff, basically.....it's all nice theories, to someone that does not know basic facts of geology. It's clear that it's a failed triple junction.

It's the most dangerous type of fault known. There is pressure being placed all the way from from the Gulf of Mexico, and at the Puerto Rico plate, and all the way to the Great Lakes, from north to south; and from east to west, pressure goes from the east coast, particularly South Carolina, all the way to Oklahoma. Anywhere in this area can get hit with a really big quake from the pressure under the failed triple junction.

As can Venezuela, which is also under the opposite end of the pressure caused by New Madrid's failed triple junction.

The fault zone itself can go north to south, from Louisiana to the Great Lakes basically, and these regions running south to north along the river, and all along the Great Lakes, can be completely wiped off the map at any time.

In addition to all of that, because it is a failed triple junction, New Madrid places a tremendous amount of pressure on the west coast and the San Andreas fault, because that's the first major big fault line over to the west. The reason being that it places so much pressure on Oklahoma and the Gulf region. All of that directly places the pressure right to the west coast and San Andreas.

It's the most dangerous fault possible, the failed triple junction. Plus the location, being at the Mississippi river, the fault will flood during a quake, which is the worst thing possible, as when a fault floods, it generates another quake; and then with the gulf being full of all the gas and the salt domes........

It's a failed triple junction. The USGS scientists won't tell anyone that......and the scary part is, I don't think a one of them is even able to even figure that out.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This was an astrology prediction and it was through June 13th. So far nothing has happened so I will take it with a grain of salt.

The New Madrid zone is still active, however, despite earlier reports that it was 'shutting down'.

If I find the links I will post.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

texasgirl
This was an astrology prediction and it was through June 13th. So far nothing has happened so I will take it with a grain of salt.

The New Madrid zone is still active, however, despite earlier reports that it was 'shutting down'.

Seriously? It's from an astrology prediction?

If that's the case, no wonder the Op refused to link anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Nyiah

texasgirl

It is a misinterpretation... now, I cannot provide any links or supporting data, but I believe it will rain "Ho-Hos" and "Moonpies" for three days, effectively blocking out the sun and creating a "chocolate-winter"... ask Al Gore... he'll vouch for the info...

On a more serious note, I think Cascadia is far more dangerous...
edit on 21-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: Puppies and kittens! Puppies and kittens!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

texasgirl

It's not an astrology prediction that my info is coming from. As far as the reports about the fault system shutting down...that's the people I am talking about lying for "economic reasons". Risking the lives of millions of people for "economic reasons".

These are the same people that everyone is trusting for all the information about the zone now. Before it was shutting down, and now it's still active. Either way, the quakes back in 1811-1812 were "barely 7", and "would probably be that now"......

These people make up these lies for "economic reasons". Keep that in mind, whenever you read anything in the press about this fault. Because it's coming from these people. They are all psychopaths and sociopaths.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Nyiah

texasgirl

No. It's not an astrology prediction that I am talking about. But if there is an astrological alignment that supports it, I would like to see it. That would make this even more interesting. But no, that's not where my info comes from.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So it's a game of 20 questions---or is your source secret?
I live in the area. I've not heard of anyone saying that the fault was shut down. We have shakes constantly so I'm confused about the opening line of your post mentioning "the first New Madrid quake" being "scheduled."
I'm within spittin' distance of a known fault line so if you've got credible info please share your source. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

diggindirt
So it's a game of 20 questions---or is your source secret?
I live in the area. I've not heard of anyone saying that the fault was shut down. We have shakes constantly so I'm confused about the opening line of your post mentioning "the first New Madrid quake" being "scheduled."
I'm within spittin' distance of a known fault line so if you've got credible info please share your source. Thanks.

You won't get any sources. This story is constructed by replies hence no matter what is asked there will be no definitive answer. Sadly now a common occurrence on ATS, The predicted date is June 13th. Friday the 13th. Someone having fun with ATS. Sadly.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Is this the script to another B movie on SYFY channel?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sorry I'm a bit late replying here. I'll say I respectfully disagree with you on this. It's disagreement born from my own long hours studying the fault complex which may well come to re-define life as I know it, where I live.

However...It's in respect I disagree because I can see you've put a lot of work and even more time and thought toward this and your interpretation of it. Mine is also interpretation, and as likely wrong on points as I think some of yours is. So...it seems a shame here to go tearing into things, point by point, when again...I could as easily be nit picking some things or entirely wrong myself.

I think I see we both have the same concerns and same general focus here. The NMZ, where it's been and where it's going next in terms of activity and how it'll impact a fair % of the United States in sheer land area, if it pops a triple play on us again. The record I've read about and what is seen in the deep mines of Kentucky for long range historic context? The NMZ tends to favor multi-quake series when it goes..and it tends to go real big. So...time will tell and times may get very very interesting for millions of people if/when that finally lets loose again. (not if..I suppose..when..as they all do eventually)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

bally001
You won't get any sources. This story is constructed by replies hence no matter what is asked there will be no definitive answer. Sadly now a common occurrence on ATS, The predicted date is June 13th. Friday the 13th. Someone having fun with ATS. Sadly.

maxzen2004

If I say what it is, everyone here at ATS has to make a promise to spread the information around and not to scoff at it, mock the info, patronize it, ridicule it, and be condescending towards it. Because this is important.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Red Cloak

If I say what it is, everyone here at ATS has to make a promise to spread the information around and not to scoff at it, mock the info, patronize it, ridicule it, and be condescending towards it. Because this is important.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not how it works. You present the info, and leave it to the readers to decide it's worth on their own. Requiring a "yes sir" attitude on it's digestion is neither going to work in your own favor, nor lend credibility to the information.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Nyiah

Red Cloak

I hate to break it to you, but that's not how it works. You present the info, and leave it to the readers to decide it's worth on their own. Requiring a "yes sir" attitude on it's digestion is neither going to work in your own favor, nor lend credibility to the information.

Then I will simply tell you that I have been studying the fault ling for a long time. I will also tell you that I have deciphered a code that that has within the date of June 13th, 2014 for the earthquake.

I will call it Project 17 and leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Red Cloak

If it’s real and it’s that important, then it should be able to stand up to the scrutiny of ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I see that predictably you are getting the usual . . . uhh . . . chatter . . . from the naysayers.

I still have the HAARP stuff on a WAIT AND SEE shelf. However, I will note . . . that my long time family friends working in Alaska have gone hunting a lot with folks working at HAARP. And THEY insist that HAARP CAN AND DOES doe the exotic stuff claimed . . . including trigger quakes in vulnerable areas. I'm a layman too ignorant about such sciences but I do believe my family friends are totally convinced that what they told me is the truth.

Isn't the triple junction off the Oregon coast a similar thing in terms of 3 faults converging?

I do believe that even the brighter geologists capable of thinking outside the box are squelched and manipulated by TPTB. Nevertheless, Muzzy and Puterman on the ATS quake threads do a wonderful job of giving us the straight scoop as well as they can figure it out.

imho, your posts on this thread evidence some interesting reasoning regardless of how shrill some of your wording sounds. I appreciate your efforts to sound an alarm. Alas, I don't see many alarms being heeded until after the fact . . . a lot like 911 . . . and other crises--engineered and otherwise.

We live in interesting times. The Biblical prophecies make that clear--as well as making clear that the Biblical prophecies will largely go unheeded until its too late.

Certainly we see that hereon day in and day out.

Almost every individual is their own god convinced that their own perspectives are omniscient and perfect etc. etc. etc.

Such pride will crash and burn worse than the New Madrid . . . in due course. I don't see much redemptive awareness rising up within too many souls beforehand. However, it's still worth sounding the alarm, imho.

One just has to wear a hazmat suit when posting things TPTB disapprove of--even on ATs.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just to explain about the failed triple junction...it's so dangerous and powerful because it's a FAILED triple junction. It's like 1,000 times more dangerous and powerful than a subduction zone because it's FAILED. Meaning, it's trying not to be failed. In other words, if it's trying to actually become a triple junction, and not a failed triple junction.

That's what New Madrid Zone is.

It's the most dangerous thing on the planet basically.

It's a continent destroyer. It's a continent maker. It's a mountain range killer. It's a mountain ranger builder. This thing can actually create or destroy a continent overnight. That's how powerful it is. It's that chaos theory aspect of geology put into action. It could basically destroy the North American continent.

Now with the BP oil spill and the gases and oil leaking out and the sea floor being destabilized, the salt dome in the Gulf being destroyed, the sink hole in Louisiana which is connected to the salt dome and with the gas leaking out and fault zone being constantly flooded due to the bombs being dropped into it by the corps of engineers and all of the flooding that has been going on in the region, the fault zone has become incredibly unstable.

In the past, when the fault had these mega quakes, for example in around 1,150 AD or so, it had the biggest of all of the New Madrid quakes, the fault region was stable and it was able to handle the quakes. But now, the region is incredibly unstable, and if the big quakes come, it's going to be cataclysmic. Because the Mississippi is going to drain into the fault line and the Great Lakes are going to drain into it (mainly from underground) as well.

The failed triple junction needs a large geologic trigger to push it into action, and the mega New Madrid quakes are not enough simply to due that. But, they are enough when combined with the unstable situation that now exists in the region, due to intentional things being done to it. So, that when the series of 9 plus quakes (as always never believe USGS BS that the New Madrid quakes are 7.0 to 7.5 quakes, those are ludicrous lies) do happen, the region will begin to crumble and the failed triple junction will begin to geologically activate into a chaos theory geologically into what normally would take millions of years to happen, will happen in a mere time of hours.

And it will go from a failed triple junction, into a triple junction. That's why New Madrid is by far the most dangerous fault zone in the world. It's 1,000 times more dangerous and powerful than any subduction zone in the world. Maybe even a million times more powerful. I don't know, it's hard to quantify that, but this thing can literally sink continents and build mountain ranges and trigger other fault lines that would normally have 8 to 9 quakes into having continent killers also, as a result simply of the pressure being associated with it.

Just the pressure generated from the New Madrid when it goes, even though it is greatly dissipated by the time it travels to the other side of a plate or continent, would still be enough, for example, to force the San Andreas to go into a continent kill mode and destroy the west coast. This would happen simply due to the stress sent from the other side of the continent from New Madrid.

People really have no clue how much power is involved with this thing or what danger we are talking about here. But there has to be indeed some geologists and seismologists in the government that know about it. They cannot all be that incompetent. You can go out to certain places and you can see where chaos has happened in the past.

It's known, it's accepted, it's fact. New Madrid Zone can do millions of years of geologic change in days, or even hours. And it can do that geologic change over the size of the entire North American continent. I think that is one of the reasons why the the general attitude of the scientists whenever they talk about it, how they are so nonchalant about it - that alone should be an enormous red flag by itself that something very strange is going on here.

The zone is incredibly unstable because of the reasons I outlined above, and so because of this, the failed triple junction, is going to try to build itself the next time a mega quake happens. Yet, there is not even a word or mention of this anywhere, from any of these scientists.

So, even if people are skeptical and don't believe any of the HAARP stuff as Bo Xian mentioned, they should at least have the sense to question the science. The science tells us that this is the most dangerous ticking bomb on the planet, and yet, the most we hear from USGS now is that, just maybe the zone is not, "shutting down after all".
edit on 24-2-2014 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Soooo, I guess I shouldn't bother to plant my gardens this year?
I'm asking you to please be just a bit clearer about this prophecy, since I'm in this zone I'd really like some particulars---like how big this event is going to be---not how big it could be---how far away do I need to be in mid-June of this year?
Additionally, I must ask---are you the only person on earth who has this knowledge?
You obviously speak the jargon, but if you could please distill it into laymen's terms, I would be eternally---or until mid-June---grateful.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Red Cloak

bally001

maxzen2004

I'm in with that contract. How about if it doesn't happen, you apologise to ATS members and promise you'll never, ever, put a post like this again on ATS. Deal?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Red Cloak
Because this is important.

Why do you claim that?

Actually it is not important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join