It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland - The New Wild West - Crazy Video of Police not responding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well I can't say much here other than what the hell is going on? Why does there seem to be no law in the video? The police even leave the scene on two occasions for "their safety". Well it appears there is an answer in the quotes below:

“This has been going on for years,” said Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Sgt. J.D. Nelson.

“The powers that be in Oakland have depleted the Oakland Police Department, so, this is the kind of activity you’re going to get.”

In the report, one YouTube clip shows a sideshow crowd kicking and throwing glass bottles at a sheriff’s cruiser.
Nelson says it’s possible that the deputy probably left the scene to wait for backup but it’s difficult to say because the video stops when the car leaves the scene.

Source

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Degenerate scum doing what they do best.

And when a video surfaces on the news next week of a cop shooting one of these clothed pieces of feces i wont miss a second of sleep. But i hope they kill each other first.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Jesus!--I used to live in SF..traveled to oakland a few times..but this is nuts..even the cops are taking off. It looks majorly dangerous there..glad I got out of that trash of a state!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm not seeing any of the posse comitatus crowd coming on this thread to complain about cops. This is what happens when they don't enforce certain laws in this country, the degenerates get bold. I say let the cops gun down these type of criminals, it's not like there are so few that only a few cops are gonna get their turn. As far as the cops go these are the people you should be going after, but no you cops are more concerned with the honest civilians that you can shake down for whatever money you can get out of us.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Idiots and guns don't mix well.I'd say the Oakland cops have their hands full.Any chance of calling in the national guard and just clean house?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They need to raze that place with fire!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Any chance of calling in the national guard and just clean house?

No...that would set a bad precedent.

The best thing to do in this type of situation is to incite a race war. That way you whittle down the numbers of few nonessential demographics.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There was a time when cops respected people and people respected cops. These days it's like we are a lawless country where anything goes and it is quite frightening.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oakland Police Department is and has been under federal oversight due to sustained and persistent abuses within the department after a series of really very questionable and sometimes outrageous events. I don't know if any of you caught what happened during an anti-police violence protest after the Occupy Oakland camp was purged on October 25, 2011 but to give an idea, OPD and Mayor Jean Quan dished out about a $1 million in pain on the protest.

Some aerial footage of that event. I watched it live. The end result was a whole lot of injuries to protesters including nearly the death of an Iraq vet present via Veterans for Peace after a flash grenade was lobbed at his already downed body.

Aerial: youtu.be...
Ground, fireworks start flying at 5:13 mark: youtu.be...

Flash forward, protesters started coming back with shields. That was pretty intense, too. It was a lot more aggressive on both sides.
youtu.be...

So yeah, Oakland is most likely more than a little messed up right now. They came under serious fire for their activities on October 25 and years of issues previously. It's ugly. I'm quite frankly unsurprised that Oakland has gone so far down the tubes. Here's a few articles on the federal oversight and responses to it from within OPD:

www.eastbayexpress.com...
www.eastbayexpress.com...

There's all sorts of discussion from both points of view on the issues within the Oakland Police Department. It's worth looking at both sides of the issue. Overall, like I said, it's really unsurprising how far Oakland is falling.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Police are trained to preserve their safety and subordinate almost everything else. I believe this is why they harass the defenseless and avoid armed street gangs doing business openly in certain neighborhoods.

It's clear they can't protect the people that try and observe the rules from the lowest common denominator.

So what are they good for anyway and why does the direct cost of policing and reserves for legal settlements eat up 50% or more than many municipal tax funds? Maye they could fill potholes instead.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Instead of just ignoring or prosecuting ( yah, right) the bad cops that like beating on helpless and handcuffed people they should send them to Oakland for a little anger management.

Maybe if they have to deal with human types just like them,who and what they have become will sink in.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sick just plain sick
glad i'm not living there.
I feel sorry for the people that want to get out and can't

Oakland needs Batman.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

As they say, this isn't anything new.

Now Governor of California, Jerry Brown, was the former Mayor of Oakland -- who is behind much of this lax society.

Free Birds!!!

Everywhere!

Then again, they're probably not using attacking Drones over in Oaktown?

edit on 21-2-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

There was a time when cops respected people and people respected cops. These days it's like we are a lawless country where anything goes and it is quite frightening.
reply to post by Night Star

I totally agree. This is happeneing at every level of society as well. I predict that as people become more and more desperate....and without hope....this is going to get much worse.

Some say I am over reacting, but I believe we are watching the beginnings of a complete and total breakdown in our society.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I would have left if I were that cop too. Oakland is a bad city - dangerous. If you know it good you probably know the spots that are safe but from my limited experience there aren't many. A woman could be being gang raped and there would be little they could do - it's a scummy place. I'm sure the cop caught footage and they will return to arrest at a later date (hope so).

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ha!Look atem run!Seriously though I think they left right before the gang got ready to tip their cruiser over.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Looks like Oakland is the new Detroit. Oakland has had a bad rep for years in Calif. I also checked out another video by the same guy about trash dumping. My take: If you don't like it clean it up! Quit relying on police, the City, the trash service to do because they don't get PAID to do it. Interesting that the Oakland Raiders motto is "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'" ...well all that cheating is catching up.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This isn't new or the only place like this. I have heard of and seen many places cops just didn't go unless it was serious or scheduled. When they did go into those areas they roll deep...like 5-12 cars all with 2 officers each depending on the size of the area.

ETA: and they were often shot at still if not for anything just to show they weren't scared and that it would cost em to come in.
edit on 22-2-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I say let the cops gun down these type of criminals

That is a disgusting comment imo. Sure, these people are way out of hand with their reckless behavior, but the police wouldn't be any better if they just stormed in there and started gunning people down. There's no reason for the police to lower themselves to the level of these idiots, in fact that would be even lower than these idiots because at least they're firing their guns into the air and not committing mass murders. They need to be rounded up and arrested and charged appropriately, not slaughtered because they acted excessively rowdy.
edit on 22/2/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You know that its exactly these people that are causing the states to go all militant.

These idiots are why you dont feel safe around cops, because the cops dont know if you are nice or nasty just by looking at you. So they give everyone dirty looks.

A vicious cycle that is going to end pretty badly

top topics

<<   2 >>

join