It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Blasio’s Caravan Caught Speeding, Violating Traffic Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another day, another set of outrageous examples of official disregard for the laws us little folk have to follow 'or else'.

It's certainly not that public figures flout traffic laws or that they do so openly and with little concern for the "Let them eat cake" message that incresingly sends to a public, growing less tolerant of it. After all, had this ONLY been about the new Mayor's convoy blowing traffic laws like they were just kind suggestions, it wouldn't be news at all.

Indeed..We must add a big cup of hypocrisy to make a true Sundae with a Cherry on top!

Sub-Title: Embarrassment Comes Just Days After Mayor Announced New Traffic Safety Initiative

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Just days after Mayor Bill de Blasio announced an aggressive plan to prevent traffic deaths, CBS 2 cameras caught the driver of a car carrying the mayor violating a number of traffic laws.

But the NYPD responded Thursday evening that the mayor’s caravan, which is operated by police, sometimes has to use special driving techniques for protective reasons.

But of course.... 'We must endanger you folks in the public as a necessary evil of insuring this one man is kept safe, above and beyond yourselves.' We understand...They're more important. Yes.. We do get it.

When the mayor announced his 62-point safe streets initiative, which includes lowering the speed limit to 25 mph, he said, “We want the public to know that we are holding ourselves to this standard.”

But Kramer reported the mayor failed to practice what he preached Thursday.

CBS 2 crews found Mayor de Blasio’s cars going through a stop sign at a Queens intersection, and that wasn’t the only traffic violation caught on tape.
Source

Some days, commentary isn't even needed. No explanation for the obvious. It is, after all, obvious. I didn't make up what the man said about holding himself to the same standard...hours before doing just the opposite. That's the kind of statement they need to make, in their own words, to be taken seriously for what it is.

Yikes!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Haven't you heard Wrabbit...Politicians are a breed of elite unto themselves now. Of course the laws they sign into our world, don't apply to them.

Some of the things they don't have to live with, though we do, are.

Waiting in line...nope free pass on that one. They are much too important to waste one second of their precious time standing in a line with us peons.

Paying for tickets to events. Nope, they wait with hands held out for filling with perks *can you say bribes* that come with the job.

Adhering to local traffic laws. Heaven forbid they are held up from making that tee off time on the course.

Until we the people, stand up and say, enough is enough, and stop voting these bloated greed and ego driven idiots into office to represent us, we will keep getting more of the same.

Des

edit on 21-2-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm pursuing the wrong degree. I really am. (sigh)

I'm sure I mentioned at one point or another during our time working on the radio show together, that I was pursuing a Political Science degree at one stage. Oh...am I grateful for the couple years of General Ed requirements to rethink life's paths. Like you said there, it gives a great life of privilege and perks beyond what most mere mortals will ever know or dream of actually experiencing in this life ....but I'd have had to sell my Soul right out the gate to fully join that world.

A poor poor trade off, eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No Wrabbit, you have chosen a path of honor. Had you stripped yourself of your soul, and shoved your paw out for filling at the expense of your fellow rabbits....this is what I imagine the Political Wrabbit would look like....

A far cry from the sweet gentle soul you are....

Des

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

De Blasio is an elitist leftist.

Of course he doesn't do the things we (the unwashed) participate in.

He's "better" than us.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
so the NYPD tells you the actual reason for what happened...and this is the same NYPD that just finished up months ago, ferrying around over 16 years of republican mayors. but, since the mayor is now a democrat, it's all his fault because he's liberal elitist...how much more stupid can you make that sound?....what next?...do you want to see his birth certificate?
edit on 21-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

jimmyx
so the NYPD tells you the actual reason for what happened...and this is the same NYPD that just finished up months ago, ferrying around over 16 years of republican mayors. but, since the mayor is now a democrat, it's all his fault because he's liberal elitist...how much more stupid can you make that sound?....what next?...do you want to see his birth certificate?
edit on 21-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

I understand, you living in California, wanting to hold all things Democratic above all plebeian standards...BUT...

This thread is about the Mayor instituting new strident traffic laws...that he himself, is quoted as saying this, at the time he did so.

“We want the public to know that we are holding ourselves to this standard.”

We the public, can see he was just blowing smoke out his arse when he said that.

Des

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

that he himself, is quoted as saying this, at the time he did so.

That really is the clincher, isn't it? If only he'd said nothing and absolutely not said THAT of all things. He must have known when he said it, he could never abide by it personally, but assumed people wouldn't see, know or remember to hold him to it.

I know we are a nation suffering mass ADHD, but our attention spans haven't grown quite that short yet, eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would just point out that mr De Blasio sits in the back , with zero control of the car

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Indeed... To which I would note, his personal protection detail and the individual men who form it, serve at his pleasure and follow his orders where they don't directly contradict matters of his own survival.

If he told them to knock off blowing lights and making a grand spectacle of themselves, it would likely be done as if a new law were passed.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
I would just point out that mr De Blasio sits in the back , with zero control of the car

This makes about as much sense as the "I was born too rich to be held guilty for manslaughter" "affluenza" defense that recently won in court.

Des

edit on 21-2-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well at least....

William Blakely, Former Vice Mayor, Allegedly Drove 90 MPH With Genitals Out Window
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's painfully obvious that politicians, cops, pretty much anybody with connection to government (and that includes corporate bedfellows) not only feel they are above the law, but ARE in fact above the law.

We now have a large class of elites who are completely sovereign and do not fall under anybody's authority but their own. They can break any laws they want, they can pass any laws they want (even when violating our nations founding documents) and they will get away with it.

These people are just rats. Scum. Garbage. Subhumans. Hair farms. Worthless skin sacks. The English language doesn't have a term strong enough to describe these ****s

Maybe one day people will get it. When their kids are being tazed, their pets killed, their bank accounts stolen, their homes stolen, their freedom locked away, and their food poisoned.

Every single last person involved in government in any fashion needs to be rounded up, and sent to gitmo, then maybe we can get to a time where reality is actually real again.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Politicians not practicing what they preach has sadly been the norm, our current President being a popular example of such. I wonder how this will be spun. After all, he did say that he was going to hold himself to the same standards.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Destinyone

No Wrabbit, you have chosen a path of honor. Had you stripped yourself of your soul, and shoved your paw out for filling at the expense of your fellow rabbits....this is what I imagine the Political Wrabbit would look like....

A far cry from the sweet gentle soul you are....

Des

Well put Des.That Killer rabbit cracked me up

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I left NY 13 years ago and was glad they finally lost the billionaire mayor.Now this guy?Does it seem the political parties are indistinguishable even on the local level?Who actually DOES represent the people anymore.Certainly not the most recent smuck mayors.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
At a press conference yesterday, DeBlasio refused to answer any questions about the incident saying he was leaving it in the hands of the police....Interestingly, he ran on a platform of TRANSPARENCY!! Hmmm now where have I heard that word before?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it's meaning?

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

TDawg61
I left NY 13 years ago and was glad they finally lost the billionaire mayor.Now this guy?Does it seem the political parties are indistinguishable even on the local level?Who actually DOES represent the people anymore.Certainly not the most recent smuck mayors.

You know, i get the mayor of NYC is a BIG FAT TARGET. After all, it's NYC. it's like baghdad, just a lot LESS dangerous. I get the cops driving him drive like they're taking care of some super-precious cargo, but, then again, that's how all those WORHTLESS SCUM SUCKING politicians see themselves anyway. And the cops will say "don't worry, we're professionals". I'm sure the mayor and the chief of police will have no problem standing at a podium and telling the mom and dad of the 2 yr old little kid in the stroller they just ran over that "they're professionals". But is it really necessary to be driving a 5000 pound SUV 60 miles an hour, in a 35 mile an hour zone so hizzonor can get to the gym and work on his big fat pork belly.

top topics

join