It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be No Global Meltdown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

So said the Roman before the fall of Rome.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The crash of '29 was a calculated move, same goes for the great recession of '08. It's consolidation of wealth, a trend that will continue well into the future until the middle class has been effectively destroyed. There will be mini-crashes, crisis of all kinds, but no great shift that will trigger a mass uprising. The elite are too smart to allow that to happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

TwiTcHomatic

DirtyD

TwiTcHomatic

ZeussusZ
reply to post by DirtyD

They may lose money, as everyone would. But the land and resources, the things we need will still " belong" to them.

As well as the military.. the stockpiled ammo and food.

When the majority is starving.. guess who controls that stockpiled food?

Make no mistake.. they may lose some control but nowhere near all of it.

Just a sad fact... if it were to happen.

They will never risk losing anything. They've worked too hard to gain all they have, and again, everyone here seems to be missing the point that the majority is weak, controlled, and easily manipulated. As long as They stay the course, They'll have everything they want in a few generations. Why push the envelope and risk losing everything?

If it ever happens.. just keep repeating to yourself "this is not happening" all the way to the fema care camp.

Sacrifices are made everyday for the greater plan.. always have been.. always will be.

Who needs a FEMA camp when you got tv, reeducation is already happening in living rooms across the globe. I agree with your end result, I just think the road there is much less dramatic.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

You have faith in air, and I will have faith in tangibles. I prefer them, and they always come out better for everyone all the way around.

What will make more money in the end? Think about it, something that is frivolous? Or something that is a need?

Needs will always be met before frivolity in good times; and in hard times, frivolity is thrown out the window . Therefore, while frivolity will make you lots of money for a time, it is never consistent as it rises and falls with economies. Needs are steady and constant... a sure win every time. No matter what the economy.

You can have your air, perhaps someone will take it someday in exchange for meat.

edit on 21-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The stakes are much greater than Rome. This is the wealth of the world we're talking about.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

The wealth of the world is its tangibles.

A hungry man will be your slave for food. A cold man will give his bread for a warm bed. Tangibles...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by DirtyD

But then I ask who benefits? How is a global financial meltdown beneficial to those who currently hold power, to the rulers of the world who have controlled the purse strings for centuries?

Because they want to reduce the world's population down to less than a billion. After all, they will be safe and sound in their underground bunkers while the rest of us, or enough of us, die due to whatever.

I honestly don't think they would bother doing anything extreme for this purpose. They could easily accomplish this goal on a much more subtle, long-term basis without doing anything too drastic. It would be easier for them to institute some kind of one child policy or a birth tax or something. If they can force you to buy health insurance and fine you if you don't (and call it a tax) they could easily fine you for having kids and euphemistically call it some kind of tax.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Have you heard of Bitcoins? Farming algorithms for wealth, which in reality have no intrinsic value other than the work applied, yet they are worth real real dollars, yen, Euro, etc. Money and value is not what it used to be.

edit on Fri08Fri, 21 Feb 2014 06:08:34 -06002814Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

It is still all about tangibles... and what people decide to accept in exchange for those tangibles.

This is what you do not appear to understand. It is only what people accept in exchange for food, clothing, shelter, and a few frivolities. The wealth lies in power over those tangibles, not the means of barter.

Means is ever changing, tangibles dont much. Food clothing shelter and a few extras in life, since time immemorial its all people want.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Star for you Brian Flanders -- you're right on the money.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

What's to get? People trade tangibles for a number, as long as that number can be traded for more tangibles in return. No real value is needed, only a perceived value, and as long as that perception persists, all is well. My argument is that the elite will never let that perception slip.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

And I say they don't care if it slips, so long as they control all the tangibles. With control over the food supply, a man can be king.

It's all about how one is positioned, and making your position on the board a good one.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
People forget that its a global recession out in the world right now. Iy isn't jusy america. I cannot see a global issue fixing itself over night and realistically the world has never seen this before either. So how long will it take to fix? Very long.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

But then I ask who benefits? How is a global financial meltdown beneficial to those who currently hold power, to the rulers of the world who have controlled the purse strings for centuries? Why would they allow all they've worked so hard for to slip through their fingers. "They" wouldn't.

Firstly, you assume that they aren't trying to prevent and prolong the collapse with extreme measures such as unseen levels of quantitative easing. Secondly, you ignore the fact that for every loss made in a collapse, there is an equal amount of gains to be made by the people who are betting that the collapse will happen. Who do you think benefited in the 2008 collapse? Was that a slow and drawn out collapse? No it wasn't, it happened virtually overnight and took everyone by surprise. Many people lost a lot of their wealth in that collapse, and even all these years later the lingering affects of that collapse are still being felt by some people. But the world didn't end, all that happened is a lot of fat cats got even fatter and the middle class was raped in the process. THAT is the reason for these collapses, to keep the population in a perpetual state of near-poverty and to give periodic wealth injections to those who are in the know enough to predict when it's going to happen.
edit on 21/2/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

You make some very valid points in your thread, and I, like you, have been waiting for the system to come crashing down. I have prepared for this event, as much as a regular non-wealthy person can. I don't think that the world power elite are going to let everything they have worked for go by the wayside, instead they are positioning themselves for a transition from a system that allows for independence and financial liberty for the common person, to one that gives them complete rule and dominance. This is all about power and control. People like George Soros care more about the power, control, and influence they have over people than they do their bank accounts. Traditionally, the amount of money one has represents the amount of power and control they have, but if we transition to a system where no one has any wealth except for the elite, then what good is money to them? Traditionally, the power elite have controlled the money, but they are transitioning to a global system where they will control resources, services, supplies, and other non-monetary assets, which will allow them to wield much more power and control.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I don't ignore any of the points you made. I agree with you. A lot of people gained from the '08 collapse, and there will be more instances like that in the future where a sector of the economy comes crashing down. But it will be measured, never too big, they're not going to take over the entire Risk board in one move.

They want to keep us in near poverty, but not total. The day the average American is standing in a breadline for food, is the day the revolution kicks off. I don't think the elite want to risk a hot war, the good guys may actually beat the odds and win!
edit on Fri08Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:08:45 -06002814Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri09Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:09:10 -06002814Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Jordan River
People forget that its a global recession out in the world right now. Iy isn't jusy america. I cannot see a global issue fixing itself over night and realistically the world has never seen this before either. So how long will it take to fix? Very long.

At this point all the major global economies are connected, if one goes, they all go. In my mind nothing needs to be "fixed". The system that has been put into place is working just fine -- the rich get richer while the vast majority face rising costs and austerity, with just enough leftover to keep us complacent.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

DirtyD

Jordan River

At this point all the major global economies are connected, if one goes, they all go. In my mind nothing needs to be "fixed". The system that has been put into place is working just fine -- the rich get richer while the vast majority face rising costs and austerity, with just enough leftover to keep us complacent.

O....M...G.

OK, I dont know what country you are from but your being ridiculous here if you are from the states, or practically any country in the world.

America was founded as a free nation... the idea here, was that ANYONE could be a landowner, and anyone could be a business owner. Whatever you wanted and set your goals for, if intelligent and realistic, could be accomplished.

Now, some people don't have business sense, some people are worker bees and everyone is different. So, due to their own level of intelligence born with is what people have to work with. Now, some really really intelligent people never get their feet of the ground because their head is always in the clouds and the real world if often a mystery to them. So, extreme intelligence doesn't mean squat necessarily, just hard work is terribly meaningful and with an average mind this person can still go anywhere.

But this nation was founded like that, everyone had the opportunity, all you had to do was grab the bull by the horns.

It's the same today... I got injured and what I have done my entire life is no longer possible for me. I was on disability for a while until I could stand the pain of working again (and pain is all in the mind, just have to overcome that bit...) and got a job, with no experience just my intelligence... minimum wage btw.

Now... I don't get any government benefits, I walked away from disability payments the moment I began working full time again, also, I don't get any medical benefits either, even though I am under constant medical care, because as a full time worker I am no longer considered "disabled" so I have no insurance because my employer doesn't provide that and on minimum wage I cannot afford it..

All my doctors visits, lab tests and medicine that I take daily, are all paid out of pocket on minimum wage. I get no government assistance because I "make too much money" so nothing. 1 minimum wage job and my intelligence.

Right now, I have over 700 dollars in my back pocket, and by this time next week I will be starting my own business again, with the knowledge I gained working for my current employer....

I owe no one any money, and am not in debt. Nor will I be next week when I start a business. 1 minimum wage job and my intelligence.

ANYONE can do ANYTHING... if they work toward it steadily, and have a bit of common sense. The owner of Papa Johns started as a manager for Pizza Hut, and learned the business there, and went on his own in direct competition of his previous employer with Papa Johns, and did a beautiful job of it I might add... ANYONE.

I do not understand much an "I can't" mentality... although everyone has their limits....

That said, when you allow major corporations in government or to control what the government is supposed to do, you run into an imbalance within the laws which are being made. You simply cannot complain however, when you allow this imbalance. If you don't like it, and think it is wrong... then get off your rear and change it!

Yes, this government is becoming a fascist communist state... but it is apparent that people are too apathetic to get off their behind and change it... or it would not be so today.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

There will be no meltdown. At least, not planned/on purpose. If it does happen, everyone will do whatever they can to position themselves favorably for the recovery.

Minimum wage is set to increase. That should close the loop on this episode in America. As long as China doesn't go to hell, nd the EU stays stable.

Once minimum wage increases, then payroll/income taxes will increase. Sure, it isn't as valuable (the dollar) as it was in the beginning of this mess. But thats ok...by devaluing the dollar they also reduced the debt liability. And now they have more dollars coming in to pay that debt off more easily.

It isn't rocket science. Take out loans using your currency as the valuation standard. Devalue your currency by making more of it. Raise minimum wage to siphon money back out of corporate level accounts, and create money movement. Since money movement is taxed, you then just sit back and collect more of the devlued dollars to pay back the loans you had taken at a real value that is, by virtue of a devalued dollar, greater than its payoff today.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

DirtyD
reply to post by pheonix358

You do realize that the train has stayed course for hundreds of years, despite every effort to derail it.

Then maybe someone ought to remove the Chinese "penny on the tracks" before we have a problem. Oh we can't.

A Walk Thru Of China's Hard Landing, And The Upcoming Global Harder Reset

But what could be the catalyst for this outcome which inevitably would unleash the long-overdue Chinese hard landing, and with it, a new global depression?

Ironically, the culprit may be none other than the Fed with the recently instituted taper, and the gradual, at first, then quite rapid unwind of the global carry trade.

Unfortunately (or not) we are going down. Soon.

As far as the 1% surviving they can do that the way they've always done it.

"Anti-Gold Idiots"

"So these anti-gold idiots are just that, idiots, or else they have the memory of a goldfish, because currencies come and currencies go, as sure as night follows day. It is the natural order of things. And as you can see, it's not about trading gold to get rich or getting long gold or buying one by two call spreads or getting fancy, it literally is about protecting yourself in the end. It's not like Williams got rich. He just stayed rich. Everyone else got poor."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join