It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Astrobiologist claims: evidence of alien life on Mars was destroyed!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

Try reading the thread i posted not once but twice how his research was wrong it was shown to be volcanic in nature and not organic. Hes been upset by this and thinks there research is wrong. Its tough to go from the guy who discovered life on mars to the guy that made a mistake. He can take solice in the fact he did prove that mars had the chemistry to produce life we know this thanks to his research. Because frankly i doubt they would have done the research if it wasnt the fact they were trying to verify his research. So here we go again

www.space.com...

carnegiescience.edu...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Arken
reply to post by wildespace

With all due respect, wildespace, but... are you an astrobiologist?
Has you established the Astrobiology Research Group at the NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center?

NASA's major Astrobiology Center is NASA Ames in California.

Most people in the field never heard of this Huntsville group.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

The deal with meteorites is this: no one has even conclusively shown that they contain remains of extraterrestrial life. Aminoacids, while vital for life as we know it, are not in themselves an indication of organisms. Aminoacids have been detected in interstellar gas clouds.

And once again, a person's professional and credible history doesn't safeguard them from talking things too far.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

alienreality

EyesOpenMouthShut
This is an really interesting thread, for sure. That said, all of you are missing the big picture here. NASA isn't there looking for life, well, primarily. Its quite obvious they're on mars testing rocks and soil for the presence of mine able minerals and metals.

edit on 2/21/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

If this is all it is, I'm left wondering why they haven't announced this as a goal? All I can find are their stated purposes whether Mars was, is, or can be, a habitable world.

No one is talking about mining on Mars much less shipping stuff back to Earth.

The cost to ship ANYTHING back to Earth from Mars is HUGE which would mean even if gold and diamonds were found on Mars, it would still be cheaper to mine them on Earth.

There's a reason why Mars One doesn't plan on any return missions. Cost.

There's a reason why we have not yet done a Mars Sample Return mission. Cost.

Beyond that, when there is talk of mining the Moon, Asteroids and other bodies, the prime driver of that is to use the material mined IN SPACE to build or fuel other things IN SPACE.

NOT TO SHIP BACK TO EARTH.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

JadeStar

Arken

Has you established the Astrobiology Research Group at the NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center?

Thats because hes sort of misleading you.NASA has a progrem where astrobiologists can sign up and share information it can be a team or group like from a university or it can be one individual. The reason no ones heard of it was he was the only one involved out of marshall there not tasked for astrobiology. So he did indeed start it at Marshall he signed up on there website but he was the only member so as i said hes misleading people a litlle.

Here check out NASA astrobiology website.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

My only question is: What would be the reason to intentionally hide evidence of past life on Mars? What would be the point? What is to be gained? There is no logic...that I can fathom.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

bbracken677
reply to post by Arken

My only question is: What would be the reason to intentionally hide evidence of past life on Mars? What would be the point? What is to be gained? There is no logic...that I can fathom.

Hmmm... Good question.
Evidence of Past fossilized Life forms on Mars.... could mean that on the red planet it could be also Past Intelligent Life...
It is the necessary... successive step.

I do not want to think to ... if Life is discovered... now.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

JadeStar

Arken

Never heard of the Marshal space flight center?

Huntsville is where a number of Nazi Germany rocket scientists chose to live and the Marshal space center was built there, basically, for them. Does not figure as predominantly now in the space industry as it once did

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

bbracken677

JadeStar

Arken

Of course. I was talking specifically about this "Astrobiology Group" at Huntsville who as Dragon pointed out, does not really exist.

See?

dragonridr

JadeStar

Arken

Thats because hes sort of misleading you.NASA has a progrem where astrobiologists can sign up and share information it can be a team or group like from a university or it can be one individual. The reason no ones heard of it was he was the only one involved out of marshall there not tasked for astrobiology. So he did indeed start it at Marshall he signed up on there website but he was the only member so as i said hes misleading people a litlle.

Here check out NASA astrobiology website.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

So among other things this guy has misrepresented data, ignored contrary conclusions about his data, done little in the way of astrobiology outside of this controversy AND misleads the UFO community into believing he started some "Astrobiology Group" for NASA when in fact all he did was sign up at a website.
edit on 24-2-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Arken

bbracken677
reply to post by Arken

Hmmm... Good question.
Evidence of Past fossilized Life forms on Mars.... could mean that on the red planet it could be also Past Intelligent Life...
It is the necessary... successive step.

I do not want to think to ... if Life is discovered... now.

No it doesnt if life existed on mars in the past which alot of scientists think its true just no proof. But that in no way means there is life there now Mars went through a global catastrophe. Its atmosphere is almost non existent and very hostile to life having all its water frozen and when it melts it turns to gas very quickly.Thats whu if life exists will find microbes living underground thats why the next mission will include drilling into the surface.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

bbracken677

JadeStar

Arken

Huntsville is where a number of Nazi Germany rocket scientists chose to live and the Marshal space center was built there, basically, for them. Does not figure as predominantly now in the space industry as it once did

True mostly just tourist trap now they have the best visitors center of all of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My question, at the crux of this topic, is what is to be gained by destroying evidence of life, past or otherwise, on Mars? I cannot, for the life of me, figure a good logical reason why it would be done.

There is nothing to be gained, far as I can tell.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

bbracken677
My question, at the crux of this topic, is what is to be gained by destroying evidence of life, past or otherwise, on Mars? I cannot, for the life of me, figure a good logical reason why it would be done.

There is nothing to be gained, far as I can tell.

The logic goes something like this. NASA must be hiding proof of aliens because people need to believe that the government has to be hiding it. Because if they weren't then why is there no proof of aliens since there obviously everywhere.And any argument showing that NASA is just doing there job and would love to see proof of aliens is ignored because than theres no one to blame the lack of proof on.So knowing that aliens exist leaves only one possible conclusion there being lied to.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Heres a thought....

You cant have life in the Solar system because well Mars is far enough away but if people thought something bigger than microorganisms lived on The Moon, they would Freak. People want to know life is out there, they kist don't want to meet it. This could be their thinking.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
Heres a thought....

You cant have life in the Solar system because well Mars is far enough away but if people thought something bigger than microorganisms lived on The Moon, they would Freak. People want to know life is out there, they kist don't want to meet it. This could be their thinking.

Most people grew up in the age of star wars so they would like to think there are thousands of species meeting all over the galaxy we just havnt been invited to the party.Theres no fear of aliens any more so the whole panick thing doesnt cut it. If the world found out tomorrow there was an intelligent species on mars nothing would change. And the news would get bored in about a month and it wouldn't even be mentioned any more. As a species we can be incredibly self centered and if it isnt a threat and it isnt in our face at the moment its business as usual.Thats like the Orson wells thing it wasnt fear of aliens that panicked people it was fear of invasion. See during world war two Americans at home sat constantly afraid the germans were going to invade or the Japanese. Than in the 50s went to communists were out to destroy america they were behind every bush just waiting to destroy the american lifestyle. Kids were hiding under desks for nuclear blasts this era was nothing but fear and anxiety alot to do with the horrors of war call it PTSD for a nation.
edit on 2/25/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

On Monday, March 3 at 10pm EST. Please check the ATS Live Forum for the show thread for S2E8.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join