It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those without Ears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What can they that are born deaf know of the beauty of music?
What do the blind have to say about Da Vinci or Van Gogh?
How can those who never read a book offer a criticism of "Tom Sawyer?"

It is the same with those who do not know God's Truth.
Their ears are closed to His Word, their eyes do not see His Power,
their hearts are closed to His Love!

Like describing sight to the blind,
like trying to show music to the deaf,
many try to reach those who can't See or Hear.
We try in vain unless we remember that we cannot cure their deafness.
We cannot put sight in the eyes of the blind.
God alone does all of these things, as He did them for us.

To those who do not know Him,
God can be like a Merry-Go-Round.
Anyone can jump on and have a go at Him,
and they'll just laugh and laugh and laugh,
because no matter what they think they're getting from it,
He is greater than what they see or hear.
They can jump off at any time and forget everything they saw,
everything that they've already been shown and told,
and then they'll just come back the next time they wanna get up on that high horse.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Psalm 82:6

New International Version
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

New Living Translation
I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High.

English Standard Version
I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

New American Standard Bible
I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

King James Bible
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I said, "You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.

International Standard Version
"Indeed I said, 'You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.

NET Bible
I thought, 'You are gods; all of you are sons of the Most High.'

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I have said, “You are gods; you are all children of The Highest!

GOD'S WORD® Translation
I said, "You are gods. You are all sons of the Most High.

Jubilee Bible 2000
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are sons of the most High.

King James 2000 Bible
I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

American King James Version
I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
American Standard Version
I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I have said: You are gods and all of you the sons of the most High.

Darby Bible Translation
I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High;

English Revised Version
I said, Ye are gods, and all of you sons of the Most High.

Webster's Bible Translation
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the Most High.

World English Bible
I said, "You are gods, all of you are sons of the Most High.

Young's Literal Translation
I -- I have said, 'Gods ye are, And sons of the Most High -- all of you,

Source

edit on 21-2-2014 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2014 by hurdygurdy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

@ GodIsRelative....Like describing sight to the blind,
I was about to say pretty much the same thing on a different thread, except I was going to say ''color'' instead of ''sight''. Some people simply lack a spiritual sense and so you cannot really speak to them about spiritual matters.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

It is definitely more difficult to speak of Truth when people do not understand color and want to paint everything in black and white.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

Tis unfortunate indeed. When a person flat out refuses to believe in God and take responsibility for their actions, they simply can't discern spiritual matters; it's almost like a phenomenon!

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Actually deaf people can hear through vibrations in their feet. Beethoven was deaf and is still one of the most celebrated musicians of all time, also more recently a DJ from the 90's who used to just strap his feet to the speakers and he was a very celebrated DJ.

As for the blind not being able to see, actually hearing kicks in after a while and blind people have been known to have 'bat-like' vision, so they click or tap a walking cane and they see the rebounding vibrations.
I know that wasn't your point, but my point is that I hear and see God fine, but that doesn't make me want to be a Christian.

I just want to do good in the world and if God is a good God, then he will see that. If he is not a good God, and he casts me down to burn for eternity even though I have only ever done what I can to help other living things, then he is a tyrant, who only wants to be worshipped and I will be happy that I did not worship a tyrant.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

It is definitely more difficult to speak of Truth when people do not understand color and want to paint everything in black and white.
Do you mean like having a lot of theories about God and the Law and salvation, but can't back them up by actual biblical teachings?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If only you could see what I see...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You have no idea of all the suffering and rage people feel towards religion. How many of us were abandoned in our darkest hours? A god that would allow murder, injustice and war certainly is not worth kneeling before or praying too in my opinion. I don't serve heaven or hell I try to help those who won't get help from either of them.

It comes down to perspective and opinion in the end.

Tell me will a prayer save those who are rioting, dying and killing in the name of your god at this point?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
We need a special organ (like eyes, ears, nose etc) to see/hear/smell your God?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

I'm not sure what you are implying here, but I'm guessing that you are trying to point out that we our gods, or maybe we are our own god? Biblically speaking, there is a HUGE distinction to be made between "god" and "God". The lower case represents all of the false gods and idols that man creates, and the upper case represents the Triune, living creator God of the universe. Psalms 82 is speaking to the gods that man creates, and that they will be judged by God for this. This passage is not saying that men are Gods. It seems that you have taken one verse and used it out of context to support your false narrative, but this is nothing new.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Could I not also offer that those who are deluded and see visions and hear voices in their head would think me and millions of others mad because we don't see or hear them also?

Does that make the deluded correct?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
How many of us were abandoned in our darkest hours? A god that would allow murder, injustice and war certainly is not worth kneeling before or praying too in my opinion.

People do what people do because they're wicked. How can you blame this on God? Would you that we were all robots with no free will?
edit on 21-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

iRoyalty
I just want to do good in the world and if God is a good God, then he will see that. If he is not a good God, and he casts me down to burn for eternity even though I have only ever done what I can to help other living things, then he is a tyrant, who only wants to be worshipped and I will be happy that I did not worship a tyrant.

Quite a risk to take, when the gift of salvation is free to all who ask. Just because you don't agree with the rules doesn't nullify them. I'd imagine you'd utter a pretty big "oops" after the first thousand years of torment. Only infinity more thousands of years to go!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

If God wants to torment me for being a good person but not worshipping to him, then he is not someone I would want to bow to.

I do good deeds, I've never been selfish and I help people where and when I can. If I get punished for that then God is no better than the US justice system!

I believe there is an omnipotent being, however it is impossible that any mainstream religion has it right. First of all we are relying on a small group of peoples interpretation of what they think the divine being is. Second of all over the course of history religion has been altered to suit kings and rulers. Thirdly, people have so many different interpretations of those few guys interpretations that a ridiculous amount of splinter groups has formed from one ideology and FOURTHLY there is no way we can know that any of us have it right.

So why devote your whole life to something that was someone else's understand, has probably been altered, may not be the right interpretation mixed in with a load of uncertainty?

I am Agnostic and Buddhist (there is no worship in Buddhism) and I will continue to do good things, if God is good, I will not be punished.

Now tell me again, why should I be a Christian?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

iRoyalty

If God wants to torment me for being a good person but not worshipping to him, then he is not someone I would want to bow to.

Whether you want to bow down or not is irrelevant. If He is the creator, surely he has the right to demand worship of his creation.

iRoyalty
I do good deeds, I've never been selfish and I help people where and when I can. If I get punished for that then God is no better than the US justice system!

God's law is perfect and just. The gift of salvation is FREE!
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever should believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

iRoyaltyI believe there is an omnipotent being, however it is impossible that any mainstream religion has it right. First of all we are relying on a small group of peoples interpretation of what they think the divine being is. Second of all over the course of history religion has been altered to suit kings and rulers. Thirdly, people have so many different interpretations of those few guys interpretations that a ridiculous amount of splinter groups has formed from one ideology and FOURTHLY there is no way we can know that any of us have it right.

How many other religions claim exclusivity, or are as widespread and practiced as Christianity? How many of the other religions holy books have the power, wisdom, and understanding of the Holy Bible?

iRoyaltySo why devote your whole life to something that was someone else's understand, has probably been altered, may not be the right interpretation mixed in with a load of uncertainty?

I am Agnostic and Buddhist (there is no worship in Buddhism) and I will continue to do good things, if God is good, I will not be punished.

Now tell me again, why should I be a Christian?

Because the story of how it all came to be is available to almost every person in every language. You don't make the rules, God does. Who KNOWS what's in store after death for those that can pass this very simple test? We have some idea of what happens if we DON'T, so why take that gamble? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but the gift of salvation is free, if you only ask.

Most people's sin in this area is the same as the first sin of Satan. Pride. The desire to be as God.
And Satans mode of deception is the same as it has always been, to question the word of God : "Did God really say that?" "Did God really mean that?"

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It is only that they see God's Truth (capitalized, I suppose, to hide the truth behind a veil of divinity) as man's falsities. It doesn't mean that they are spiritually unable, but that they are so spiritually able that they have gone beyond the use of such falsities, and therefor wander spiritually beyond those still stuck at that dead-end.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

That isn't what the Bible says :

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

How can one say they've spiritually advanced if they can't even humble themselves before their creator, and admit his existence?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How can one say they've spiritually advanced if they can't even humble themselves before their creator, and admit his existence?

Like I said, they've moved beyond its use.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Aphorism

It is only that they see God's Truth (capitalized, I suppose, to hide the truth behind a veil of divinity) as man's falsities. It doesn't mean that they are spiritually unable, but that they are so spiritually able that they have gone beyond the use of such falsities, and therefor wander spiritually beyond those still stuck at that dead-end.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isa. 55:9"

If this verse is not self-explanatory to some, then I offer my take on this, in that, we can all strive for an understanding of God's truth, but in all liklihood, it may be impossible.
edit on 21-2-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join