It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans surround Washington D.C. President orders military intervention.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

There are ways "they" could get around that "problem," but why would "they" want to? "They" need us to go to work. Shooting at us might put that on hold for a while.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I whole heartedly agree. I think I referenced this in a previous post.

The only way something like that would happen would be if the federal govt, or TPTB felt their power/authority was being threatened. Say by huge demonstrations, strikes and possibly general heated and widespread talk of revolution.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

pikestaff
The police don't care who or what they shoot, some I presume are ex service personnel, the police even turn on their own, remember the policewoman? so I expect serving service personnel will open fire, or get shot by their own officers, strange times.

And again, here we have someone who is making a totally bigoted statement by taking a general perception perpetrated by a few bad apples and painting all in that group with that perception.

I suppose you also believe that all blacks like fried chicken, watermelon and have IQ's less than 100?

I find the thinking of some of ATS members, who no doubt believe they are progressive thinkers, to be as closed minded and bigoted in ways that rival the most backwards Mississippian living in the most rural areas. In MS these areas are often referred to as "where you have to pump the sunshine in".

Wasn't there a movie back in the 70s that had a great quote from Dean Wermer (sp?)? Was it, "cynical and stupid is no way to go through life"? hmm No...that wasn't it...will try to remember it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Im greatful you wore black armbands the next day. The day before you did...I was at Kent State... ducking gunshots.

So...we have much in common. And that's good. We can both relate from being on the same side...

Then I salute you, sir.

You know (even though it may not have seemed like it that day) that most of the soldiers did not fire. I would expect the same ratio, or less, to fire on citizens protesting these days. I would hope less. I would hope that we have progressed somewhat in 50 years.

Based on Chuck258's and Stoutbroux's replies I would suspect those giving the orders may have more problems than the citizens protesting....

edit on 22-2-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by gladtobehere

IDK. Back then information was not as free flowing. Anyways, if the military were to begin firing on civilians protesting, there would instantly be videos posted online.

Ha! Oddly, you might be surprised lol. I totally understand and agree with you, but....

You would have been amazed at how fast the rumor of John Lennon's supposed demise spread across the country...truly amazed.

Kent State? Was pretty widespread knowledge that it happened the next day.

We may not have had the internet, but we had newspapers, 3 whole channels (tv), radio and telephones. Important stuff would spread, and even some not so important stuff.

Not near as much disinformation and BS though...so the information sword has 2 very sharp edges.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yeah, I see your point. But at the same time, kent state was not the same scenario as what we are discussing. It was big, don't get me wrong, but not as big.

Anyways, I imagine seeing a video of innocent blood being shed by authorities is slightly different than hearing about it. If a line in the sand is drawn, the visceral and emotional impact of video evidence might sway a few people to choose a side faster.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

It was harrowing and far different than protests in other cities on different campus's. We had gone from peaceful, to SDS violent, Black Panther militant (I was a White Panther till everything got crazy).

And at Kent State...it for sure as you say, was only a few firing....but while bullets flew and friends fell dead....its sounded briefly like an entire army. At that point...I once and for all lost faith in my government. Because at the time and for a long time afterwards...we didn't really know who ordered what (Nixon?)...or why.

That's when peaceful protesting ended for me, and I returned to Ann Arbor disillusioned and bitter knowing that could happen.

It can happen again. After all. History repeats itself given enough time. I just hope Im wrong...

Power to the People!

Thanks
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Expat888

bbracken677

Expat888
Even with the event shown here there are still many foolish enough to think troops wouldnt fire on them.. history always repeats boys and girls .. remember you have the right to free speach but you better not use it .. big brother does not like any form of dissent.

Once the military began firing on civilians I would foresee a fracturing of the military structure. I believe Generals would take sides along with major portions of the troops they command.

The question is: How much support would Obama command once the military began to take sides?

There would also, likely, be many AWOLs.
they fired on citizens at kent state as well .. no fracturing occured .. troops when push comes to shove will follow orders regardless.

It was after the military fired on students at Kent State we saw a change in the attitude of the American public!
There always has to be a cause to have an effect!
The reaction on a national wide level from another Ruby Ridge or Waco TX may be the cause of the next civil war!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

bbracken677
I find the thinking of some of ATS members, who no doubt believe they are progressive thinkers, to be as closed minded and bigoted in ways that rival the most backwards Mississippian living in the most rural areas. In MS these areas are often referred to as "where you have to pump the sunshine in".

I like it when people scold others for lumping people together while lumping people together to do it.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I honestly don't think anyone who is a civilian can accurately answer this question. You would be suprised how many military folk are fed up with the governments bull$hit. I just came from my sons graduation and everything from enlisted to officers are pushing the Defence of the Constitution. Yes there will be people in high places that will follow the Presidents orders, that's why 4 stars are getting fired all the time by obama. Let's pray to whatever thing you believe in that it doesn't get to this. In the end the elite would lose but then we would be a Military state. Unfortunately power can corrupt the purest of hearts.

Bill

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

HandyDandy

bbracken677

I like it when people scold others for lumping people together while lumping people together to do it.

I hate it when certain people have difficulty understanding the written word. I stated SOME..not all. Therefore your argument fails at such a basic level I just shake my head.

Or are you referring to my statement regarding "the most backwards Mississippian"...exactly how is that lumping? I refered to a single individual with qualifiers. Using the same logic, I could make some remark about the "most intelligent of the species" or the "least intelligent of the species" neither of which, oh never mind...there is no point going farther, either you get it or you don't.

You even quoted me as as saying "some". Really?

edit on 23-2-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Never, in any of my posts, have I even alluded to the idea that it would not happen again. My main point was that if it did happen again our military would likely fracture. That many of those on the "front lines" would likely not shoot at all and quite likely (depends on factors, of course) would desert.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That brings me to another point I almost didn't bring up.

Did you notice how none of those present at Kent State returned fire at those who were shedding the blood of innocents?

If I was standing next to a guy who was shooting unarmed college kids, and I had a gun....

edit on 23-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Grimpachi

It was a different era.

There's no such thing as "a different era." Human beings don't change. Tyranny exists because humans don't change. Abuse of power exists because humans don't change.

1932 - Bonus Army
1942 - Executive Order 9066 issued by FDR - Japanese-Americans placed in camps, all possessions taken. This order also affected Italian and German Americans.
1970 - Kent State
1993 - Waco siege tear gas (which is prohibited to use in International conflicts/battles, and is highly flammable)
2011 - Occupy Wall Street tear gas (see Waco)

I'm sure I'm missing some other events in US history. I personally would include Oklahoma City bombing, WTC bombing, 9/11, and the Boston Bombing as attacks on American citizens by their own government, but I left them out for obvious reasons. And don't get me started on the chemical testing the US government has done on poor black neighborhoods (Tuskegee and St. Louis for starters).

Yeah, the ONLY thing that remains the same is the corrupt nature of the human beings in charge of the US government. Different era my arse.

When the time comes, we will be treated the same way.

**Side Note: After the attacks on Pearl Harbor in 1941 Hawaii was placed under Martial Law. The irony is that if you are a student of history we now KNOW that the attacks were ALLOWED to happen. History repeats itself.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Gestas
Good old Fascism.

INFORMATION

edit on 21-2-2014 by Gestas because: yes

agreed !!

2nd line

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

WCmutant

Grimpachi

It was a different era.

There's no such thing as "a different era." Human beings don't change. Tyranny exists because humans don't change. Abuse of power exists because humans don't change.

1932 - Bonus Army
1942 - Executive Order 9066 issued by FDR - Japanese-Americans placed in camps, all possessions taken. This order also affected Italian and German Americans.
1970 - Kent State
1993 - Waco siege tear gas (which is prohibited to use in International conflicts/battles, and is highly flammable)
2011 - Occupy Wall Street tear gas (see Waco)

I'm sure I'm missing some other events in US history. I personally would include Oklahoma City bombing, WTC bombing, 9/11, and the Boston Bombing as attacks on American citizens by their own government, but I left them out for obvious reasons. And don't get me started on the chemical testing the US government has done on poor black neighborhoods (Tuskegee and St. Louis for starters).

Yeah, the ONLY thing that remains the same is the corrupt nature of the human beings in charge of the US government. Different era my arse.

When the time comes, we will be treated the same way.

**Side Note: After the attacks on Pearl Harbor in 1941 Hawaii was placed under Martial Law. The irony is that if you are a student of history we now KNOW that the attacks were ALLOWED to happen. History repeats itself.

Are we talking about our military or our government? I agree that our govment needs a good house cleaning but the only people who can get in, it seems, are the rich. This super pac crap just made it a lot easier for them. Reminds me of a South Park episode. Giant duche bag or $hit sandwich is our only choice. Hopefully Rand Paul gets on the ticket but that's just another fantasy.

Bill

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Youre absolutely right about that sir. Even at K. State, much of the Guard was looking at each other as if thinking "My God! What are we doing!!?" I'd like to think given those circumstances now-a-days...it wouldn't happen again, with the forces laying down their weapons in defiance.

And I don't think given the same circumstances today...that it would happen again. We don't think the same way as back in the 60's 70's.

Thanks very much for your replies!
MS

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This time, they're in trouble. Two days ago, during my time allotment of filthy things, I switched on the tube and scanned by PBS station 11-3, politics for the proles, and they were covering this beat. Instantly I was aware of what was happening.

I saw none other than Pat Buchannan, with a panel of the usual suspects, and Pat was arguing in a condescending way about the veterans surrounding the new White House. He was saying something to the effect of he doesn't understand how or why there are protests when this obama is a president elected by a democratic process and has done nothing wrong.

Nothing. Wrong.

We, I should say they, are in deep this time. If it weren't for the footage of the Marines marching out of formation, with twisted expressions and falsified drunken foot steps, at the last inauguration, I'd say we're effed. These marching men were as sober as judges at the Last Trial.

As we also saw, the man who called anyone doubting an official story regarding 911, Sandy Hook, Boston etc..., a lunatic, Mister Shill O'Reilly, is also backing obama. I guess obama is just another OS now. They all are. He was always simply another stage of the bush missile, used to obliterate anything America once stood for.

The media creatures, whose clan spy on us, do know the score, and are at this point in time trying to stanch the blood that is coming their way. Big time.

I watched less than thirty seconds of the PBS broadcast, but I know my senses well. Zion is calling in her favors. God is not responding.

And I switched off the set.

They fear. Finally, they fear. This is the flipside of their only other emotion, being greed.

The marines, the military, are not with them. We see how these folk will be replaced because they are mentally ill, as told to us on TV, and will be replaced with drones, and militarized police. We have seen how the top brass have been let go. Their minds were 'not right', spoke the guy behind the curtain. The lower ranks will speak in whispers now, until they do not speak at all.

But there's a little problem, missy.

The people, even those who voted for obama, are not with them either. It has never been a simpler thing to see, that there is not a dime's difference, between the left, and right. Not this time. Not as it was presented on the TV set and radio. They saw to that, with Kennedy.

'Change', as far as those who stand in line to run the NWO, is a one way street.

Totalitarianism is totalitarianism. And they are setting up to slaughter us.

# 181

edit on 24-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: Is this as yummy as Kate Perry?

edit on 24-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: Or was it Kate Holmes?????

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join