It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Administration and the Press! "Special Report" from the CPJ "Committee to Protect Jou

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The United States press dropping in world ranking is a bad sign. Obama's solution is even worse. Before considering what he should do, maybe he should consider an Excellent piece written by the CPJ. A report that is alarming in itself, which puts Obama & his administration at the core of out deteriorating Free Press. Many journalist who have been covering Washington for over 20 years have said they never seen anything like this administration. The tactics are dirty, the Iron wall is towering, the intimidation is unprecedented, and the sources have never had to look over their shoulders like they have to now. One journalist who has covered Washington since Nixon said.. " It's worse then the Nixon era. "It doesn't even feel like America"

The report is in depth and well worth the read.

cpj.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NotSoAnonymous

Nice find on the report. Did you do some research into the source?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm so totally happy that the federal government will be censoring the news on belahf of his majesty and the democratic national commies, oh, sorry, comittee !
Funny, the only thing transparent about the current administration, is that they are without doubt, the biggest bunch of federal elected criminals that the world has ever seen! but the idea obama's name will be remembered side by side in history with names like Khan, Hitler, Clinton, Stalin, Mao, Katy Perry, Pol-pot, Tojo, and Al GOre is priceless !

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I saw this story last night on my iPad, not sure what to make of it, but if it's true .... goodbye freedom of press! This is where I saw the story last night/early this morning: Obama Regime Placing Government Monitors In Newsrooms

Stalin would be proud. And of course the irony here is if you Google this issue you’ll see lots of blog coverage but only a couple of mainstream media organizations reporting are on the fact that the Fed is sending people into newsrooms to pressure them into certain types of news coverage. You see, Obama’s Gestapos have decided they know what news you need to hear. This is just a tad strange considering most newsrooms are already in Obama’s pocket. But give Dear Leader and inch and he’ll take a mile…

Anyway I did google it and there is a story on The Blaze: Obama Administration’s Plan to Study Newsrooms Is Drawing Plenty of Public Opposition

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Judging from the other reports they don't seem to focus on Obama. They seem to focus on Journalist rights. I was directed to the site after reading about all the journalist who have died or gone missing in Syria. So I don't feel their focus is to be Anti-Obama or Anti-America. I do understand you need to be careful these days when sourcing anything, but this report was disturbing and well written. Ive heard most of this before on blogs and conservative leaning news, but this felt like it was coming straight from the horses mouth. Season journalist covering Washington and such. It's long but a really good read. Hope u enjoy and pass on if you feel it's worth it to do so.

join