It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@5:30a had nightmare of bathroom flooding, awakened by 5gal pail of water tipped over toilet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I tend to dream (or at least, recall) dreams and/or nightmares, and this morning was no exception.

Except, I was awakened to the same exact scenario.

WHILE ASLEEP: In the dream/nightmare, there was a family reunion going on in my house and I had to go to to the little boy's room and started to see water appearing all over the floor. I was in panick mode between needing to urinate and the water filling the bath.

REAL LIFE: I awoke with the need to jump up and take a leak, but at the same moment I awoke, also heard a horrible crash then water gushing like a waterfall in the bathroom. As I jumped up, and flew toward the bahroom, I was already thinking of what 3 pipes to shut off (toilet, then h/c bath faucet) but soon as opened the bath door, realized it was the pail of water (for washing i leave resting securely atop the toilet tank lid in case theres a sudden shortage of water) that somehow tipped and water was finishing falling out onto the toilet seat lid, then the floor.I usually leave the toilet lid up but assume the pail collapsing forward brought it down. Then dashed to the kitchen for the mop after throwing down some older towels from the linen closet, and noticed it was 5:34a on the mwave.

It looked like half inch of water all over over the bathroom floor, but didnt take long to mop up and I went back to get another 1hr of sleep but couldnt really fall asleep cuz of what just happened, but did eventually then got up late to work.

Just got back, and when to reach for the canola oil and it was tipped over, and alittle oil leaking out eventhough tightly closed (you know how oil is, right?)... It's been a busy day and I didnt here any coworkers talking about any quake, was there one? My gut feeling is some other energy threw the bucket down, and perhaps the oil.

But whatever the cause, why did I dream about it immediately before it happened??? Like what are the odds of dreaming of exactly what's about to happen I mean like within seconds of it actually happening?!?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

My guess is that your entire dream occurred between the moment the bucket hit the floor and the moment you woke up.

Dreams seems like they are happening in "real-time", but a minute in a dream can happen in the blink of an eye in waking life.

It's called Soporific Relativity. No, it's not really... I just made that up.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Maybe there was some type of water noise right before you woke causing a like dream or nightmare what have you. Or something was going on and a spirit of a loved one made you dream it?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanandheather

I want to believe I heard the water already falling in the dream, except it was when I awoke and was contemplating for barely a second, to jump up cause I had to take a hot piss, that only then did I hear the distinct crash.. and when got to the bathroom the 5 gallons was still pouring out over the toilet lid all in about apparently a few seconds, I mean 5 gals doesnt take much to empty ast all Yet it did have an ongoing pouring sound like the bucket was being held or pipes suddenly burst and continued leaking.

Perhaps it was a warning but it came too late. 5 gallons is alot of water to pickup and it was fast only cuz I threw down so many towels first.

Whats also weird is in the dream I assumed the toilet was overflowing but in reality while I was awake it was the pail of water above the toilet, on the tank lid.

Anyways, I am in Los Angeles, CA, time to check if we had any quakes though seems eerily quiet the whole year and some. The oil tipped over in the cabinet makes me suspect that. Otherwise..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

gardener
I tend to dream (or at least, recall) dreams and/or nightmares, and this morning was no exception.

Except, I was awakened to the same exact scenario.

WHILE ASLEEP: In the dream/nightmare, there was a family reunion going on in my house and I had to go to to the little boy's room and started to see water appearing all over the floor. I was in panick mode between needing to urinate and the water filling the bath.

REAL LIFE: I awoke with the need to jump up and take a leak, but at the same moment I awoke, also heard a horrible crash then water gushing like a waterfall in the bathroom. As I jumped up, and flew toward the bahroom, I was already thinking of what 3 pipes to shut off (toilet, then h/c bath faucet) but soon as opened the bath door, realized it was the pail of water (for washing i leave resting securely atop the toilet tank lid in case theres a sudden shortage of water) that somehow tipped and water was finishing falling out onto the toilet seat lid, then the floor.I usually leave the toilet lid up but assume the pail collapsing forward brought it down. Then dashed to the kitchen for the mop after throwing down some older towels from the linen closet, and noticed it was 5:34a on the mwave.

It looked like half inch of water all over over the bathroom floor, but didnt take long to mop up and I went back to get another 1hr of sleep but couldnt really fall asleep cuz of what just happened, but did eventually then got up late to work.

Just got back, and when to reach for the canola oil and it was tipped over, and alittle oil leaking out eventhough tightly closed (you know how oil is, right?)... It's been a busy day and I didnt here any coworkers talking about any quake, was there one? My gut feeling is some other energy threw the bucket down, and perhaps the oil.

But whatever the cause, why did I dream about it immediately before it happened??? Like what are the odds of dreaming of exactly what's about to happen I mean like within seconds of it actually happening?!?

This is quite fascinating. I wonder what "if" it’s either one of two things either precognition or sub conscious messages in the brain. Maybe when you left the pail of water atop the lid last time you didn't place it in an optimal position where it wouldn't tip over. A window could have left open and a gust of wind started a chain reaction which led to the water tipping. What if our brains are evolving a way to warn us of future events it has calculated sub consciously so precisely that when we dream we can receive these abstract replays (dreams) before they occur, sometimes minutes or seconds before they do. The mind could be calculating patterns when kind of tap into them sometimes when we sleep? Then why didn't you dream about the oil as well one would ask? Well maybe the oil spill wasn't as important because it didn't pose a threat. Imagine the only reason you woke up was because you saw the dream if you hadn’t you might have not woken up heard the horrible crash. You could have possibly walked into or towards the bathroom in a morning daze and slipped without realizing there was water on the floor.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw this coming... You clog the toilet?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by soul44

I like his calculating idea.. maybe you saw the bucket slightly off center and the brain knew it would fall later.

Also, I know the brain is amazing and you can train yourself to wake at a specific time and you will... to the minute, so the brain keeps count all the time subconsciously.

But I also think spirits exist and so does PK... so that might explain it easily, too. Cool story, either way.

new topics

top topics

join